Since 2000 - Top 10 defensemen - #2

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Still strange that since 2000....Markov didn't win this. With everything he did....Anyway...Markov...OBVIOUSLY easily.

68*

Dandenault.

Let's see if Hamrlik will get the respect he deserves.

qwerty123

May 4, 2014
Bit offtopic maybe but since we are talking about defensemen I am wondering... Since Tom Gilbert is part of the Habs now... What does he bring? I don't really know him. Is he an upgrade over Georges? I am guessing offensively yes, but his numbers don't seem that great.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Hamrlik for me as well as #3 (Markov is the obvious #2). But then I'm conflicted between Souray and Komisarek. Komi was really good for us for a few seasons. He had his flaws, but so did Souray.

There's no debate IMO that Souray > Komisarek.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Still strange that since 2000....Markov didn't win this. With everything he did....Anyway...Markov...OBVIOUSLY easily.

It all depends on the criteria we are looking at. I weigh the talent level, and ability/performance while not worrying about tenure too much. Under those conditions, it is possible for Markov to be surpassed by subban, arguably. That's why subban went #1 for me.

Since I've turned such a blind eye to tenure, my top 10 list would also have to include James wisniewski, but he is not an option, which implies that tenure SHOULD mean something when we vote, and that means I would probably pick Markov #1 if I had the chance to vote again.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Markov has been THE only defensman of this team since 2000... you can't put Subban in front of him, whatever Subban did and will do in the future...
Wait, what...? Subban did win a Norris. Markov didn't. Anyway, I can see the argument that Markov's best seasons were as good overall as what we've seen from Subban. So far. So a close vote makes sense. But I think it's fair to expect Subban is going to so massively eclipse anything we've seen since Chelios or Robinson that we can just put him #1 anyway.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Damn, it looks like the election results in D'arcy-McGee and Markov is the liberal representative. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad