Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
From what I understand, most of that was because of a different injury and then he hurt his back while rehabbing.

He didn't need surgery and he's scheduled to attend the combine.

How serious could it be to the point where it's a legit concern at the draft?

I don't know, until I see more information, it seems amplified.

Missing 32 games isn't exactly the end of the world.
I am learning from you and others, I appreciate that. So much about his injury concerns has been brought up that it started affecting my opinion on the matter. If he is deemed healthy and is available then I hope he is the pick. He and Slaf will be known as the twin towers

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I am learning from you and others, I appreciate that. So much about his injury concerns has been brought up that it started affecting my opinion on the matter. If he is deemed healthy and is available then I hope he is the pick. He and Slaf will be known as the twin towers

As much as I'm hoping for Demidov, I'm not gonna be upset at all with Lindstrom.. he's a mean customer, he's a high end athlete, and he's got the height that when he adds even more strength, he will be a bull on the ice.

If Lindstrom is somehow gone or the medicals don't pan out, I'm more of a Sennecke guy than an Iginla guy, ultimately happy with either as the third option. Sennecke is such a unique profile that I think they might go that direction, the growth spurt, the rare bendyness that he has.. he could be a unique player we've never seen before.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
I think the animosity or antipathy toward Arpon Basu is that he has ZERO scoops all season -- for 11 months of the year all he does is pucker his lips for Habs management and grovel for tidbits of insight -- but then the month before the draft he speaks like he's a hardcore insider. His puck knowledge isn't particularly good either so it all comes across as try-hard or disingenuous... like he's pretending to be something he's clearly not. The same reason why Grant McCagg is so easily mocked, it isn't because of his access to info (which is obvious by now) but because he's so unreliable as a character.

If we knew Engels and Basu had scoops, we'd (re)act accordingly.

This year's draft is interesting because the Habs are really behind the eight-ball. Whatever happens, happens.... it's a bit exciting.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Rest assured the Habs will be drafting a good player this coming draft, and if it happens to be Lindstrom, means that his medical report was satisfactory.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who has the best one timer between Demidov and Iginla? I find that is something difficult for most prospects to master. Someone like Slaf has worked very hard at it.

When I look at Demidov, I see a dynamic skater who is hard to catch (like P Kane in his prime). But what I don't see is one timers. No way he is going to be like a Kucherov. I have P Kane vibes if Demidov reaches his ceiling.

I also don't see many one timers from Iginla. Something I have been trying to find so at this stage, I'd consider it lacking for both players.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Rest assured the Habs will be drafting a good player this coming draft, and if it happens to be Lindstrom, means that his medical report was satisfactory.

At this stage, I don't expect any heath issues holding Lindstrom back. Not playing a full season and no U18's is the negative. Would have been nice to see how he looked against the best his age. Many scouts at that tournament and for good reason. Iggy certainly increased his value and reinforced his potential from not just the CHL numbers.

Catton's U18's was last year (1 goal with 4 pts in 7 games). He's a bit older than Iggy and Lindstrom.

I'm curious, Catton's birthdate is Jan 14th... What is the cut off date for U18's eligibility? I'm assuming it's the calender year? Dec 31/Jan 1st cut off?

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Was Dach seen as a riser or a reach at 3rd? Don't really remember that draft. His profile in his draft year looks similar on paper to Sennecke and visually they seem similar. Seems like a decent comparison even if they have some stylistic differences.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Was Dach seen as a riser or a reach at 3rd? Don't really remember that draft. His profile in his draft year looks similar on paper to Sennecke and visually they seem similar. Seems like a decent comparison even if they have some stylistic differences.

It was a debate at the time, I liked him at 3 not everyone did.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
well not all back issues are the same...Bossy and Daze back issues were chronic.

I'm not sure what happened with Lindstrom, hence my question, is it something that's been recurring throughout his very young career or is it jus a one off?
Bossy cut his career short when he started needing others to tie his skates up for him, whereas others may have tried to keep playing for a few more years. Even though most players are very competitive, some compete no matter the circumstances, and some refuse to compete only if they can give it their all.

I have chronic back issues, to the point where i feel that putting my socks on feels like tossing a lasso at a bullhorn. The more it happens, the more it seems to be all the time. I am not a doctor, but i would also ask for medical charts if this is an issue for Lindstrom.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Bossy cut his career short when he started needing others to tie his skates up for him, whereas others may have tried to keep playing for a few more years. Even though most players are very competitive, some compete no matter the circumstances, and some refuse to compete only if they can give it their all.

I have chronic back issues, to the point where i feel that putting my socks on feels like tossing a lasso at a bullhorn. The more it happens, the more it seems to be all the time. I am not a doctor, but i would also ask for medical charts if this is an issue for Lindstrom.
I understand that but no one has even indicated that this is the case lol

He's going to the combine, this doesn't sound like a guy whose back is giving out on him.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
As much as I'm hoping for Demidov, I'm not gonna be upset at all with Lindstrom.. he's a mean customer, he's a high end athlete, and he's got the height that when he adds even more strength, he will be a bull on the ice.

If Lindstrom is somehow gone or the medicals don't pan out, I'm more of a Sennecke guy than an Iginla guy, ultimately happy with either as the third option. Sennecke is such a unique profile that I think they might go that direction, the growth spurt, the rare bendyness that he has.. he could be a unique player we've never seen before.
The Florida Panthers have a few Lindstroms in their top 6 forward group. How are the Panarins of the world, including Panarin himself, faring in the playoffs? Exactly. The playoffs are "big boy" hockey. My order is Lindstrom, Iginla, or trade down. No way would I take Sennecke at 5.

Is Sennecke a reach at 5?

This in a situation Demidov and Lindstrom are gone by 5th.
Sennecke at 5 would be an absolute disgrace.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The Florida Panthers have a few Lindstroms in their top 6 forward group. How are the Panarins of the world, including Panarin himself, faring in the playoffs? Exactly. The playoffs are "big boy" hockey. My order is Lindstrom, Iginla, or trade down. No way would I take Sennecke at 5.
How Habs can build a team with big players especially made for playoffs and keeping Caufield and Newhook in the top 6 or top 9? People here suggest trade propositions including Mailloux or Reinbacher but they never suggest Caufield or Newhook. Why? Because they are so exceptional and they will perform in a near future in this hard world of playoffs where big players rule?

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Only if you think that amateur lists are the real deal over the NHL teams lists. Based on Bob's list and comments about there being no consensus 2-15, he shouldn't be considered a reach.

The Combine might give a clearer picture of where the dices will fall. Interviews will be even more important with such a flawed group.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
At this stage, I don't expect any heath issues holding Lindstrom back. Not playing a full season and no U18's is the negative. Would have been nice to see how he looked against the best his age. Many scouts at that tournament and for good reason. Iggy certainly increased his value and reinforced his potential from not just the CHL numbers.

Catton's U18's was last year (1 goal with 4 pts in 7 games). He's a bit older than Iggy and Lindstrom.

I'm curious, Catton's birthdate is Jan 14th... What is the cut off date for U18's eligibility? I'm assuming it's the calender year? Dec 31/Jan 1st cut off?
yes Dec 31

Reactions: Habs Halifax

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

No and people may quickly realize that Iginla will be the "bigger" reach of the two based on Bob's list and the noise from the combine. That's my sense, we should know by June 8th.

You have the order pretty much right from my sense at this point.. Demidov is their ideal add, Lindstrom would be their 2nd option and the 3rd option looks between Sennecke and Iginla, but when I look at Reinbacher and Slafkovsky and everything they said about selecting those guys, I think Sennecke fits that more than Iginla. We will see over the combine though.

Sennecke dominated the OHL playoffs while Iginla was largely erased in round two. So not sure how one is acceptable and the other is a disgrace. Sennecke is bigger than Iginla, will get stronger, and offers more pure skill.

How Habs can build a team with big players especially made for playoffs and keeping Caufield and Newhook in the top 6 or top 9? People here suggest trade propositions including Mailloux ornd Reinbacher but they never suggest Caufield or Newhook. Why? Because they are so exceptional and they will perform in a near future in this hard world of playoffs where big players rule?

Because even the Vegas Golden Knights were able to win with Marchessault being their Conn Smythe winner. Caufield himself had his best playoff series against those Golden Knights. He's shown he can still score and be valuable in the playoffs. Newhook won a cup with Colorado. Neither of those guys play in a way that would make them ineffective especially if there's more meat around them. Newhook is only 5'11 and he's pretty strong, plus speed is a factor too in the playoffs.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
How Habs can build a team with big players especially made for playoffs and keeping Caufield and Newhook in the top 6 or top 9? People here suggest trade propositions including Mailloux ornd Reinbacher but they never suggest Caufield or Newhook. Why? Because they are so exceptional and they will perform in a near future in this hard world of playoffs where big players rule?
Big players rule, really? Marchessault is 5'9, I dont think the playoffs have been a problem for him.

To trade a player with a shot and skill like Caufield because he isnt 6'2 is just absolute ridiculous reasoning. This isnt 2012-14 when the Kings were winning the Cup with the style the league had.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I don't think anyone currently ranked in the top 12-15 is a reach anywhere between picks 2-15.

He's got 14pts in 15 playoff games and leads all players in the playoffs in GWG.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I don't think anyone currently ranked in the top 12-15 is a reach anywhere between picks 2-15.

He's got 14pts in 15 playoff games and leads all players in the playoffs in GWG.
He’s been MIA against Florida. Watch the games. And read the Rangers’ board.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
No and people may quickly realize that Iginla will be the "bigger" reach of the two based on Bob's list and the noise from the combine. That's my sense, we should know by June 8th.

Iginla has become so overrated on this board imo, he's a good player, I like him, but he seems to be reaching some mythical hype around these parts. Some questioning if they'd rather him over Demidov, it's nuts!

I just hope that one of Demidov or Lindstrom is available to us, as to me, they are the clear two best forwards after Celebrini, I like Catton too, I love his skill and IQ, but understand the concerns with his slight build.

These are my tiers...

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom

Catton (He's my pick if all of the above are gone) But understand why it might not happen, which is a shame because he's so damn talented.

Iginla/Sennecke

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He’s been MIA against Florida. Watch the games. And read the Rangers’ board.
I've watched the games, you asked how the Panarin's of the world are doing. I just answered your question.

You were suggesting that playoff hockey is "big boy" hockey and that Panarin's been invisible.

He hasn't been amazing, but to suggest he's had no impact is demonstrably false.

Sasha Barkov is a big boy, he's had moments these playoffs where he's been very meh...but he's big, so it's OK i guess, same with Zibanejad.

Meanwhile the Rangers best player these playoffs has been one of their smaller players in Vincent Trochek, I guess that narrative just disappears.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Iginla has become so overrated on this board imo, he's a good player, I like him, but he seems to be reaching some mythical hype around these parts. Some questioning if they'd rather him over Demidov, it's nuts!

I just hope that one of Demidov or Lindstrom is available to us, as to me, they are the clear two best forwards after Celebrini, I like Catton too, I love his skill and IQ, but understand the concerns with his slight build.

These are my tiers...

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom

Catton (He's my pick if all of the above are gone) But understand why it might not happen.

Iginla/Sennecke
I have the impression the pick is going to be Iginla (if Demidov/Lindstrom are gone) in the same way I was sure Leonard was going #5 last summer over Michkov..... so I have no idea.

I think the safest bet overall is to pick Catton, even if Lindstrom is available. He wont just lose that skill because hes a bit smaller, and even then, 5'11 170lbs at age 18 is nothing to be concerned about at all. I wouldnt be mad if they pick Iginla over Catton, but I think theyd be choosing size and genes over the highest skill which would be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad