Sidney Crosby hypothetical scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova_Scotia_Vees

Jun 1, 2004
So we all know that Sid grew up a Habs fan and has said he would like to someday play for us.
I see there's still no talk of a extension for him. If somehow he came to us would he bump Dach to the wing?

Last edited:

HuGo boss

Apr 7, 2022
Screenshot_20240711_100640_theScore.jpg

Nova_Scotia_Vees

Jun 1, 2004
what do you mean there is no talk of an extension? weren't talks of an extension all over the news like 2 days ago? or did i imagine that?
29. Pittsburgh Penguins: Every day that goes by where we don’t get a Sidney Crosby extension, quiet murmurs will get a little louder. This roster is brittle enough that a real tumble down the standings is in play.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
We are building for the future not living in the past. Terrible idea, bump Dach to the wing and lose precious development so a soon to be retired player can finish his career here? NO, that is a bargainbin move.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's rumors he's signing back but if he doesn't, I think he would chase a cup in Colorado with fellow NS great, MacKinnon.

Nova_Scotia_Vees

Jun 1, 2004
We are building for the future not living in the past. Terrible idea, bump Dach to the wing and lose precious development so a soon to be retired player can finish his career here? NO, that is a bargainbin move.
maybe our third line center.

There's rumors he's signing back but if he doesn't, I think he would chase a cup in Colorado with fellow NS great, MacKinnon.
Maybe :)

Please go away with this
Nova Scotian Hab Fans can dream.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Sid has nothing to chase. He’s done everything expected from him and then some. He will stay in Pittsburgh and just cement his legacy as the greatest ever Penguin.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
29. Pittsburgh Penguins: Every day that goes by where we don’t get a Sidney Crosby extension, quiet murmurs will get a little louder. This roster is brittle enough that a real tumble down the standings is in play.

Who is Ryan Dixon?

There is clearly talk of Crosby re-signing.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Would have been match made in heaven but he wants to toil on a trash team for his final years unfortunately. I can’t see them making playoffs never mind contend in the next five years.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Sid has nothing to chase. He’s done everything expected from him and then some. He will stay in Pittsburgh and just cement his legacy as the greatest ever Penguin.

A scenario I could see a move is if Pittsburgh is such a tire fire that they decide it's time to rebuild immediately. If sid sees guys like letang and Malkin being sold off or shopped, that loyalty factor might not be there anymore.

It's a plausible scenario because I think the penguins are going to jump the cliff sooner than later but it also assumes Crosby would have a reasonable contract that other teams can digest.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
A scenario I could see a move is if Pittsburgh is such a tire fire that they decide it's time to rebuild immediately. If sid sees guys like letang and Malkin being sold off or shopped, that loyalty factor might not be there anymore.

It's a plausible scenario because I think the penguins are going to jump the cliff sooner than later but it also assumes Crosby would have a reasonable contract that other teams can digest.
Yeah but he’s aging gracefully unlike the others. He can still contribute and mentor the newer Penguins. I guess crazier things have happened but remember this was a franchise that was going to move before he got there. I think he sells a lot of tickets, especially if he’s on a “retirement tour.” From a business standpoint, I can’t see the ownership team giving him up.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
So we all know that Sid grew up a Habs fan and has said he would like to someday play for us.
I see there's still no talk of a extension for him. If somehow he came to us would he bump Dach to the wing?
If talks with Pittsburgh somehow fell through would gladly go after Crosby hard.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

Bringing a Sydney Crosby in the lineup is the best way to build for the future... you gotta show these players what needs to be done to win.

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad