Should we split up TKO?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think it matters. Not until we find some players willing to get their nose dirty in front. Palat had some moments tonight.

Can anyone remember a SINGLE rebound opportunity? I can't. That's a big problem. Until that's sorted out, changing up the lines will be sort of like changing the tires on a car that's out of gas.

I think you keep two of them together, and maybe put one of them up with Stamkos if they are going to be broken up that is.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
18-90-86 has looked good too.

The problem is whether you want to put Namestnikov in such a big role.

Thinking outside the box a bit...

18-91-86
27-9-24
13/90-13/90-22
17-51-11

I mean - you can technically slot Flip and Killer on the third line, but they shouldn't be getting a second more of time than the fourth line. Also take Flip off the PP entirely - he's no threat to shoot and he's making some awful decisions out there.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The problem is whether you want to put Namestnikov in such a big role.

Thinking outside the box a bit...

18-91-86
27-9-24
13/90-13/90-22
17-51-11

I mean - you can technically slot Flip and Killer on the third line, but they shouldn't be getting a second more of time than the fourth line. Also take Flip off the PP entirely - he's no threat to shoot and he's making some awful decisions out there.

Killorn pisses me off sometimes, he had a very good game on Thursday only to suck the life out of the top line last night, Coop actually demoted him by the end. Some people want him on the Stamkos line? I just don't get it ,sorry.

But Anyway like those line ideas, it gives both top lines one of our best two way forwards (Pally and Cally) and Stamkos has two guys who can make things happen, while Johnson has Drouin and Callahan who have already shown strong chemistry.

Changes need to be made. TKO is not getting it done right now, but it's not even about being snakebitten, top line has been more snakebitten, TKO is just off and making bad decisions. As I said think Stamkos and his line for most games have been very good, and Drouin getting injured has made that line take a step back even if they did have a very good game Thursday. Something like 14 SOG for that entire line. Last night I just don't know what happened.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
we are all sad mad or something i doubt indifferent :)

anyway is a long season we are mad cause we think we should be playing like hmm montreal??? any takers? instead we are struggling but not like calgary?detroit?anaheim ohhh my

so sometimes you have to go backwards to truly move forward i want us hott at the end not the beginning and yes i am seeing what you all are seeing and is disheartening to say the least but hardly any team makes it back the next year the royals did it though so is hope for us :)

we are going to have an interesting year for sure hopefully all the pain we go through now and throughout this year jells this team into the finely oiled machine we all i would bet believe we can be again:)

patience nothing comes easy that really matters i fully believe that statement nothing is given you earn it and i have faith this team will grow from this and more this year and we will be back on top at the end 100 % believe this team will go for the cup again:)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Palat looked good with Cally and Stammer. I'd also like to see Palat-Stamkos-Drouin or
Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov then have Cally-Johnson-Drouin.. As long as Drouin is still in the top 6 :)

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Endorsement-vote-yes_square.png

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Palat looked good with Cally and Stammer. I'd also like to see Palat-Stamkos-Drouin or
Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov then have Cally-Johnson-Drouin.. As long as Drouin is still in the top 6 :)

Cally and Pally have always had very good chemistry, hence the Pallahan name, if we can get two deadly offensive scoring lines out of breaking up TKO, then Coop should do it. Coop should at least let it ride till maybe Drouin gets back, and then make some decisions, if the line gets hot, then maybe throw Drouin with Johnson and Kucherov.

Also, with Stamkos, he looked great on both ends of the ice, blocking shots (not sure we want him doing that though) but he looked great, getting in the play, getting in front of the net, and putting the effort.

I really want to see that line start tomorrow. It's was only 2/3rds of a game but it looked really good.

Last edited:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
- Scotty Bowman on the Russian Five.

"We didn’t use them all the time because I felt like someone would decipher how they were doing it. We used them in important times, we used them in the playoffs, and they had a lot of footage in the film that shows the type of players they were. They got together pretty easily, mainly because they had all played a little bit, but Fetisov and Larionov especially, having gone through a decade of that kind of hockey, they wanted to play a puck possession game. They didn’t believe in shooting the puck, they wanted to free up a guy and it was really some type of different hockey."

Wouldn't surprise me if Cooper/Yzerman took notice even if the comparison is quite flattering for the triplets.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00