Should the Lightning re-sign Steven Stamkos?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much, if anything, should JBB offer Stamkos

• He's washed up, don't sign him

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Because there are solid arguments on both sides. The poll above has all 8 year terms. Why not a 5 yr deal at say $7M?

I will add a "some kind of short term deal" option, I can't possibly list all the possible short term combinations.

I listed the 8 year deals because those have been unofficially reported as what was offered and discussed.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
*If* 3M × 8 had any credibility, you're talking 24M. Idk about giving him 5M X 8. I'd say 5M is team friendly because other organizations will undoubtedly offer more than that. Hell, Utah probably would and immediately make him a household name for their franchise. I'd be comfortable with 5M X 5 but if it goes beyond 6M with us, I'd hope 4 years is the max. This has gotten kind of weird because term fits core and cost controlled players. He's weirdly both or in between at this point in preparation for a decline.

If we get outbid north of 6.5-7, I'd understand. If we get outbid and we really did lowball him, that's wild. Especially now that we have cap space. In the end, given what transpired today, I think he gets resigned. We have plenty of room for him and someone (not necessarily Guentzel) else in the middle six, or even a RD if they don't like Raddysh/Perbix.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
I say to sign him at all cost. There’s a strong possibility Hedman walks next year because of how disrespectful JBB has been with Stamkos.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I say to sign him at all cost. There’s a strong possibility Hedman walks next year because of how disrespectful JBB has been with Stamkos.
Part of me is holding out hope they'll just announce them together. Then there's part of me that thinks Brisebois is window shopping and getting ready to pull an Andy and Woody moment with a UFA to "replace" him.

Reactions: J T Money

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
I'd say 4x8 if were talking the 8 yeat option or a short term deal like 5m x 4y. He'd be a good deal for the first 2 of those years at 5m and probably not for the other 2 years.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
5mx4 for Stammer, 7.5mx3 extension for Hedman. They become FA's again after the 27-28 season, and it's one year deals afterwards until they retire.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Now we start counting when Kucherov becomes the franchise leader in points, he's currently 264 behind Stamkos.

Although I have said previously that I don't think Kucherov will spend the rest of his career here when we go into a proper rebuild. Still, if he's healthy then the rest of his current contract should be enough for surpassing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad