Should Pavelski be a HHoFer?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Should Pavelski be a HHoFer?

• Total voters

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not for me, so voted no. But Roenick just got in and I’m not sure what the justification for him in and not Pavelski would be.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
To me, no. Is there a step above Hall of Very Good level players? If so, he's in there. Kudos for sustained excellence.

However, considering how much they HHOF has lowered the bar for entry recently, Pavs could very well get in at some point.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Based on just stats? No. There's too many players in now where the plaque just says "about a thousand points" and nothing else.

But when you look at his crazy, Benjamin Button-like development curve? Ya, he's an interesting story. I like the "fame" aspect of the Hall Of Fame. Interesting storylines should count for more than they seem to. So send him in!

Reactions: BagHead

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I think his best selling argument is 37th all time in playoffs points. I think he will get in. Kevin Lowe etc.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
He aged amazingly well, but he was never quite up there with the very best players in the league.

I don't think he should get in, but he probably will.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Probably not for me. Opens the door for too many people.
If someone opened the door, it was Clark Gillies.

I think if you get 1000 points, even if you're not ppg player, you have to get considered. Even if it's not on the first ballot.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
If someone opened the door, it was Clark Gillies.

I think if you get 1000 points, even if you're not ppg player, you have to get considered. Even if it's not on the first ballot.
scoring is up. Pavelski, has he ever cracked top 10 in one season for points? Great player but not HOF worthy at 1000 points. Too many players will get in for this generation if you only need 1000 points.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
scoring is up. Pavelski, has he ever cracked top 10 in one season for points? Great player but not HOF worthy at 1000 points. Too many players will get in for this generation if you only need 1000 points.
It wasn't up for most of his career. Gillies hat 697 points in 958 games on a stacked Islanders team in an era with more offence. I'm not saying Joe's a lock, but if Clark is in, Joe should be. Clark was inducted in 2002.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I think he has a case to be at the very top of the "Hall of Very Good" but I think he's a guy that eventually gets into the HOF in a weaker year, the bar has been set with Roenick/Gillies/ect.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Not for me, so voted no. But Roenick just got in and I’m not sure what the justification for him in and not Pavelski would be.
Roenick got to the magical 500 goal number . It’s stupid and arbitrary but the Hall has numerical milestones they require

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
According to my infallible flowchart:

1721331483454.png

This was made in January 2022 and is now somewhat out of date. (For example, Roenick and Turgeon are now in the Hall).

For the record - I don't take this too seriously, and neither should you.

Pavelski's a likable player and he had a great career. He wouldn't be the worst forward in the Hall of Fame, but he'd probably be in the bottom 10%. We can justify his induction by comparing him to the poorest inductees (Clark Gillies, Dick Duff, Dave Andreychuk) but the bar ideally should be higher than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad