Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I have always liked him. Boudreau would probably go the extra mile and be very passionate if he got the job.

He is a far better coach than Keefe was as well.

I saw something earlier this week (Overdrive? Marek?) in which they mentioned him and said that if he didn't get the job he was a possibility as an assistant, Apparently he has said for years that Toronto is the only place where he would consider serving as an assistant.

Bruce is easy to tune out, I'm sorry to say.

How the hell would you know?

They gotta give Claude Julien a look!

Playoff record wasn't good his last few years.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
The young'uns have no idea what being a Leafs fan was like in the 80s. Spoiler: it was bad. Very, very bad.

This is the Leafs we're talking about. They will go for the biggest name available. Right now, that is Berube, so it will be him.
I don't agree much with your posts but the bolded....it really was. However, I dont believe the doom and gloomers viewpoint thought that if we move Marner we will automatically revert to those dark times.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
What difference does it make who the coach is when we are on the verge of 1 of 2 things:

1. A re-tool
2. Blowing the team up

Both will likely result in another firing of a coach.

Does anyone really think that hiring just the right coach will make this shit team better?
It made the oilers better, but if thats all we do, we are doomed. edit...I dont believe that is all we will do.

My outside pick is Boudreau. I think he almost joined the team last year in some capacity.

"Boudreau has been a supporter of the Toronto Maple Leafs since childhood, and admits that he still cheers for the club when the team does not face off against a squad that he is actively coaching, and watches Maple Leafs games on television when he is able to.["
I dont know....watching the Boudreau interview this year about the leafs he sounded a lot like someone who really liked our core guys and sounded a lot like someone who would coach them similar to what Keefe did.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
On the coach, as I reported last month, I am still of the understanding that Berube is a top candidate to replace Sheldon Keefe. I believe the Leafs planned to speak with Berube over the weekend and despite Treliving emphasizing a thorough, but quick, search, if he wants the gig, it should be his. I do not get the sense Joel Quenneville is on their list, as the Leafs have not approached the NHL about his ineligible status, which has not changed.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
It made the oilers better, but if thats all we do, we are doomed. edit...I dont believe that is all we will do.

I dont know....watching the Boudreau interview this year about the leafs he sounded a lot like someone who really liked our core guys and sounded a lot like someone who would coach them similar to what Keefe did.
What’s his history coaching special teams? Maybe he’d make an all-star assistant.
I obviously love that he loves the team. He’s got some ‘listen to me’ experience.

And whoever it is,player development matters. Play the kids.
And Gio and Muzz, go coach JT he young D. In fact, hire Muzz to be personal coach for Lili to make him the Swedish Muzz - he’s got it in him.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

Due diligence, front runner, or coincidence?

81sfjdW.gif

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Joel Quenneville will remain ineligible from coaching in the NHL, despite multiple clubs looking into the veteran signal-caller, shares David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period (Twitter link). Quenneville stepped down from the Florida Panthers on October 28, 2021, amid the Blackhawks sexual assault scandal.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Well from what I've heard Shanny and Tre met with Berube yesterday ? Not sure how credible but say quite a few people on Twitter saying they were spotted having dinner. They're probably interviewing all the candidates before making a final decision.

Reactions: thinkblue

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Todd McLellan is Babcock's boy, they go way back.

I hope Todd's atleast gonna f*** with Marner a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: Wrong Wilson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad