Tre admitted hes being rushed to hire due to other openings

here comes berube / todd , both overrated

unless Brindamour / Cooper become available, i wont like it

Reactions: fahad203

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
They dont have their guy yet or he would be signed. I dont think Brind Amour is the guy. Those Canes teams were stacked and didnt do much.
'stacked' is subjective, great defense but, offense not so much, and they outplayed the Rangers big time too. they have great structure and always give 100% effort. that is what Brind'Amour brings and what we need the most

Reactions: CincoHolio

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I hope the Leafs don't rush to hire Berube before the playoffs are over

If Brind'Amour gets swept again and still wants that nice raise there's a chance the ownership lets him go. I'd rather him over Berube.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

If Brind'Amour gets swept again and still wants that nice raise there's a chance the ownership lets him go. I'd rather him over Berube.
They won't need to let him go, his contract will be up.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Truly our luck that we ended up with one of the very few guys who could indeed f*** everything up. There was a lot of reason to be optimistic back in 2018.
There was, but with hindsight even if one didn't call it from the beginning it makes sense now that:

An analytics obsessed GM with 0 NHL experience would build a soft team
His pet coach would accomplish nothing and be given way too many chances
Matthews only cares about money considering he f***ed off to Europe rather than going CHL/NCAA
Marner would be a man-child with his dad's over involvement
Ditto for Nylander, although he turned out better than expected
Captain Complacent Tavares would still have that loser stink from spending his career with the shitty Isles

- Don't want Brind'Amour. The Canes are just like the Leafs in that they haven't figured out how to win in the post-season (though they've clearly had more success than Leafs, but so has everyone) and he's been there long enough to prove he doesn't have the answers.
- Berube. Meh. One good run on the back of a historic goalie performance. Seems like he has the right attitude, just not sure he's going to fit with this group and/or have success.
- Gallant. He's taken two teams on deep runs his first year behind the bench. For this team, that would be a great start - say, a Conference Final next year? Then worry about years 2,3,4,etc.
The thing that makes the Canes different is they've won the series they're supposed to win, and they lose when they play the elite teams. Even that's an improvement on the Leafs.

Agree about Gallant. Anything to give this group a push into a conference finals. Worry about the next step later

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I see they're all saying the right things. Sorry, not interested. Been hearing this song and dance for literally decades. Lemme know when you're deep into a playoff run. I wasn't even invested in this year's playoffs (it was so predictable how it would end) and yet I think I'm more pissed now than ever. Don't call us Shanny, we'll call you.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015

I like brind'amour, but a bit wary whether his staffs can fix our powerplay. The canes' powerplay has a negative goal differential so far in this series against the rangers.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
They won't need to let him go, his contract will be up.

Let him go as in not re-sign him

I like brind'amour, but a bit wary whether his staffs can fix our powerplay. The canes' powerplay has a negative goal differential so far in this series against the rangers.

This isn't Carolina, we have a separate PP coach

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
He did? Where did you hear that?

That's my opinion as everything was on the table for Dubas after the blowout loss to Florida...that was never his sentiment with the team before...I think he would have moved Marner for Karlsson, which would have been a bad trade for the Leafs...glad he went to Pittsburg to make that Karlsson trade for them instead.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad