Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
It wasn't like Lou was a majority favorite.

Probably needed someone in the middle of "My believes are your believes, down to how you comb your hair and the colour of your underpants or else!" and "The coach is sorry he hurt your feelings.".

Mark Hunter doesn't have hair on his head so that would have checked at least one of those boxes.

• Haha
Reactions: Al14 and JKG33

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
It was probably a 80/20 split for and against Dubas.

And to be honest it made sense the majority of people were ok with it. We were on the come-up and it almost seemed like a foregone conclusion we'd be contending for a Cup with the talent we had, so it'd be impossible for any single manager of the team to screw things up and derail the progress.

Well lo and behold...

It was always well understood it was going to be Dubas and that Lou was really here for interm. Most people were optimistic and rightfully so. Dubas did prove himself to be someone who was level headed and had a good sense of business.

But then again so did JFJ. JFJ was also came with a strong business background, well liked, looked and spoke well. We all know how that turned out

They both lacked NHL experience.

Reactions: CincoHolio

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
Friedman on 32 thoiughts this morning

Berube and Todd Top 2 candidates

and says Shanny played for red wings when Todd was an assistant
Ive noticed over the years that Freidman always speculates what we already know, he has as much insider information as we do. I get fed up listening to him, actually I don't listen to him anymore!

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
On Q:
- some teams are talking that - if he does return, there is some talk he wont be a head coach right away. he does want to coach but some teams may do an advisor first just to get his feet wet

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
What he said was

rsM7_W.gif

"Steve Dangle is the worst thing to happen to Leaf fans since JFJ." Mr. Garrison

You're right, I misread.

But I would contend the worst thing to happen to Leafs fans for any timeframe is the Toronto Maple Leafs themselves.

Craig Button

The C is for Coward - Brad Marchand 2024
Jul 28, 2015
Leaf Nation Torontonistan
You're right, I misread.

But I would contend the worst thing to happen to Leafs fans for any timeframe is the Toronto Maple Leafs themselves.

I was just looking for an excuse to use that cartman gif.

it was the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post.

Dangle is definitely not the worst thing to have happen to the Leaf fans since JFJ.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
It is going to make for an interesting off-season.

Only an idiot wouldn't have been conducting this search for months, probably since the new GM was hired.

If they are just starting the search now, their incompetence has to be called out.

The contract extension was his severance package.

Remaking the roster is the difficult part, but it isn't like the expiring contracts belong to anyone that were movers or shakers. I don't see a single player with an expiring contract that is a must retain. The new guys from last year, whatever. I'm not giving high fives just because they almost earned an extension, or they looked better in the playoffs.

Reactions: Evilhomer

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

If McLellan is coach this team is truly cooked and not worth watching anymore.

Even more reason to fire Shanny. I mean who cares if he played for him.
At this point Shanahan should have zero input and be out the damn door

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
It was probably a 80/20 split for and against Dubas.

And to be honest it made sense the majority of people were ok with it. We were on the come-up and it almost seemed like a foregone conclusion we'd be contending for a Cup with the talent we had, so it'd be impossible for any single manager of the team to screw things up and derail the progress.

Well lo and behold...
While I didn't forsee him mismanaging the cap as badly as he did with the RFA contracts (but it wasn't surprising), him coddling the kids and bringing in guys like Malgin and Petan for the bottom 6 instead of real shut down guys could be seen coming from a mile away.
It wasn't like Lou was a majority favorite.

Probably needed someone in the middle of "My believes are your believes, down to how you comb your hair and the colour of your underpants or else!" and "The coach is sorry he hurt your feelings.".
That's exactly why I wanted Hunter. He was the center of those other 2 idiots

f*** no to T-Mac

Reactions: bax

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
While I didn't forsee him mismanaging the cap as badly as he did with the RFA contracts (but it wasn't surprising), him coddling the kids and bringing in guys like Malgin and Petan for the bottom 6 instead of real shut down guys could be seen coming from a mile away.
Truly our luck that we ended up with one of the very few guys who could indeed f*** everything up. There was a lot of reason to be optimistic back in 2018.

Reactions: JKG33

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
- Don't want Brind'Amour. The Canes are just like the Leafs in that they haven't figured out how to win in the post-season (though they've clearly had more success than Leafs, but so has everyone) and he's been there long enough to prove he doesn't have the answers.
- Berube. Meh. One good run on the back of a historic goalie performance. Seems like he has the right attitude, just not sure he's going to fit with this group and/or have success.
- Gallant. He's taken two teams on deep runs his first year behind the bench. For this team, that would be a great start - say, a Conference Final next year? Then worry about years 2,3,4,etc.

Reactions: horner

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I'm wondering if Brind'Amour is out if he gets swept for a second straight season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad