Confirmed with Link: Sheldon Keefe Fired -- Discussion Thread

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Zero excuse for what keefe did with this team. He was literally handed a gift and managed to make it fail.

Thankfully.. The Dubas chapter is officially over. What a f***ing disaster. We tried to tell y'all but you wanted nice guys
Was he? Litterally everyone with a sharp hockey opinion has stated that our pay structure is not condusive to a winning formula. And based on our success rate and that of those who do win and their pay structures...this opinion would be correct.

Keefe had an uphill battle here as will anyone coming in with Marner still on this team

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
No more rookies in their roles - Keefe, Dubas, and hopefully Shanny. Even Pizza Boy lacks a cup winning record, but I'll give him a year. The most important era since the 60s and they handed responsibilities to rookies. Get Quenneville.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Was he? Litterally everyone with a sharp hockey opinion has stated that our pay structure is not condusive to a winning formula. And based on our success rate and that of those who do win and their pay structures...this opinion would be correct.

Keefe had an uphill battle here as will anyone coming in with Marner still on this team

If they want to go for the cup next year, not 2 or 3 years from now they have to convince JT and Marner to waive their clauses. If not both, then preferably Marner only.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Finally. It should have happened after Montreal.

Really hope Marner follows him, but I won't be surprised if they run it back again and give Marner "a chance" under the new coach.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I think his time had come regardless of how much blame he really deserves. I hope for his sake he can get another job that's not in Pittsburgh. You don't want to be seen as Dubas's little toy if possible ****cough***** Spezza ******cough****. But a high paying job is a high paying job.

Reactions: supermann_98

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Finally. It should have happened after Montreal.

Really hope Marner follows him, but I won't be surprised if they run it back again and give Marner "a chance" under the new coach.
They might be stuck with him and run things back because there is no other option.

Reactions: Jmo89

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
He shouldn't have been extended to begin with - his new contract doesn't even kick in yet.

He should have been fired last year. This organization is a joke and loves to burn money and in return charge fans stupid $$$ for seating. lol

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

Right, having one of the best 200 foot players in the league is a liability.
it really showed in Keefe's usage (of him) how big a liability he was, as Marner always led the team in total icetime, and was out for every critical moment, in offense and defense. heck, he was even deployed as a d-man.

Reactions: Tarmore and ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Fair question, he's had some decent successes, but the red flag is he seems to burn out his welcome with a team.

Seems to have a 2-3 year shelf life before they move on
That's all they need.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Would he take Mitch with him for Shane Wright and Will Borgen?

That’s a god awful deal so I hope not.

If we are getting anything from Seattle for Marner it should start with Sale, Vince Dunn or Matt Beniers or Adam Larsson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad