Player Discussion Sheldon Keefe - All encompassing galaxy brain discussion

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Yes he most likely has input, but Keefe doesn't run the PP. That was Guy Bouchers job this year. Last year it was Spencer Carbery.

They keep changes pieces behind the bench, but results remain the same. Wonder what hasn't changed?
I really don't buy that argument. Keefe is the HEAD coach, if someone on his staff isn't getting it done, he either has to take the reins himself, or hand it off to someone who can make the necessary changes. He did neither......a couple of times

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I think a large part of the PP issues is with the fact we lack that one QB defenseman with a good pass and shot. Reilly can skate like the wind and he's above average overall but he doesn't have a great shot and it forces us to play for cross the crease one timer type passes that get completely shut down in the playoffs with the tighter play in front of the net.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I really don't buy that argument. Keefe is the HEAD coach, if someone on his staff isn't getting it done, he either has to take the reins himself, or hand it off to someone who can make the necessary changes. He did neither......a couple of times
The PP coach has changed 3+ times since Keefe took over...... he's made changes. PP has had different looks over the years. It comes down to execution under pressure. That hasn't happened.

Let's keep shuffling the chairs on the Titanic.

United35

Jan 16, 2021
PP playoff numbers since 2019-2020 season

Toronto 15.4% (37 games played)
Edmonton 34.4% (41 games played)
Boston 29.8% (45 games played)
Colorado 28.7% (57 games played)

How is it even possible to have such a horrible powerplay when you have elite offensive players like Matthews, Marner and Nylander?
To much on one power play and rewarding mediocrity. Need two power plays competing against each other. Have a bad shift on the first pp of the game and you can start the 2nd pp first next time.

Also, the skating forward and then passing backwards is the dumbest $hit in the world.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I think a large part of the PP issues is with the fact we lack that one QB defenseman with a good pass and shot. Reilly can skate like the wind and he's above average overall but he doesn't have a great shot and it forces us to play for cross the crease one timer type passes that get completely shut down in the playoffs with the tighter play in front of the net.

Reilly cannot skate anymore. This is not 2015
He's gotten significantly slower and now over compensates for building his game around skating

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Do you think Keefe runs the systems for every single part of the game? I think he likely has input but trusts his coaching staff to run certain aspects.

I think it'd be idiotic to spread yourself that thin.

Who hired our assistants this year? I honestly don't remember if Tre had a hand in it or Keefe.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Do you think Keefe runs the systems for every single part of the game? I think he likely has input but trusts his coaching staff to run certain aspects.

I think it'd be idiotic to spread yourself that thin.

Who hired our assistants this year? I honestly don't remember if Tre had a hand in it or Keefe.
Not if they are working.

If they are not working, it's his responsibility to step in and make changes, not pretend he's Nero and fiddle while Rome burns.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
Leafs are running it back with Berube. They’ll re-sign Marner at around $12.5 mill AAV and pretend like they care about what the fans think.

Reactions: 3blizzard4

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Leafs are running it back with Berube. They’ll re-sign Marner at around $12.5 mill AAV and pretend like they care about what the fans think.
More evaluation incoming.
GM will need to evaluate the new coach and Shanny needs to evaluate the GM and Pelley needs to evaluate Shanahan and the board needs to evaluate the evaluation.

You should be around 80 years old by then.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
More evaluation incoming.
GM will need to evaluate the new coach and Shanny needs to evaluate the GM and Pelley needs to evaluate Shanahan and the board needs to evaluate the evaluation.

You should be around 80 years old by then.

We all needs jobs like this.

"We will take you Mr. Smithy and see how things go....let's say in 7 years?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad