GDT: Sharks vs Sabres in Buffalo 4:30pm PDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 7m7 minutes ago

#SJSharks McLellan on loss: "We come out in the second and third period and play dumb hockey. Just flat-out dumb. ...

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 5m5 minutes ago

"Pinching, giving up 2 on 1s, 3 on 2s, we've only given up only 10 shots after 2 periods, and we're down (3-1). Just dumb hockey."

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 3m3 minutes ago

McLellan, continued: "You don't win at any level playing like that, you don't beat any type of team playing like that."

Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Jul 5, 2007
San Jose, CA
What a garbage pile of a game. Something feels and looks off. The ship is sinking and it will not be fixed just like that. The Sharks haven't really had a real home stand yet, so it's too hard to discount them as a non-playoff team yet, but you have to play hard, yet alone win, on the road. This is pretty bad.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
10/10 for Todd's restraint talking about this team.

I would have gone full on Jerry Burns on them.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Big blue line changes are the toughest to get in sync. The Sharks may now have a chance to pull it off now that the road madness is over. I know its shocking but there are real risks and consequences resulting from big changes

Last edited:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Big blue line changes are the toughest to get in sync. The Sharks may now have a chance to pull it off now that the road madness is over. I know its shocking but there are real risks and consequences resulting from big changes

I'll take the odds over icing Irwin-Demers as a pairing. Every. ****ing. Time.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
I'll take the odds over icing Irwin-Demers as a pairing. Every. ****ing. Time.

They don't ice those two every time and the reality is it could get a lot worse.

Edit: The big changes I was referring to were the departures of Boyle and Stuart.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
They don't ice those two every time and the reality is it could get a lot worse.

No you are right, when its not demers/irwin it is demers/hannan or even more cringe worthy is the times that they ice hannan/irwin.

But what else can you expect when the team is run by wilson who has zero knowledge of what defensive depth looks like (shocking since he was a defensemen, yet he has no idea of how to judge a defenseman in terms of play.)

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
No you are right, when its not demers/irwin it is demers/hannan or even more cringe worthy is the times that they ice hannan/irwin.

But what else can you expect when the team is run by wilson who has zero knowledge of what defensive depth looks like (shocking since he was a defensemen, yet he has no idea of how to judge a defenseman in terms of play.)

Doug Wilson let go of two of his top four last year and tried to warn you of the consequences of that act.

Also Doug Wilson is not a green lantern who can just will defensive depth into existence. Plus I still think Burns is a large part of the problem and I wouldn't call him depth.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Doug Wilson traded two of his top four last year and tried to warn you of the consequences of that act.

Also Doug Wilson is not a green lantern who can just will defensive depth into existence. Plus I still think Burns is a large part of the problem.

Stuart and Boyle. Them, in their current form, being in the top-4 does not make us a better team either.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

Edit: The big changes I was referring to were the departures of Boyle and Stuart.

Sure if I start playing guys in there off side I could make a worse pairing. But the staff won't do that. So IMO Irwin-Demers is legit the worst pairing we could ice.

They weren't really the reason the team lost though so meh. I believe mueller-burns were on for the other two goals. Just garbage everywhere right now.

I'd say going from Boyle to burns isn't a huge deal. Boyle wasn't very good in his own zone and he and Irwin were generally sitting behind one of the more dominant lines in the league.

We should for sure be cycling fedun/KA in and putting mueller in the AHL for a bit. I like the kid but he's not ready. He has a much better foundation defensively than most but he's not gonna pull a vlasic for us.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Doug Wilson let go of two of his top four last year and tried to warn you of the consequences of that act.

Also Doug Wilson is not a green lantern who can just will defensive depth into existence. Plus I still think Burns is a large part of the problem and I wouldn't call him depth.

Wilsons job as the general manager is to make the team the best that he can. If what he has done for defensive depth in the past 8 years is the best he can do. Then it is time for him to leave since he cannot do his job good enough.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
We should for sure be cycling fedun/KA in and putting mueller in the AHL for a bit. I like the kid but he's not ready. He has a much better foundation defensively than most but he's not gonna pull a vlasic for us.

Mueller cannot go to the AHL. He's staying unless he fails catastrophically.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
tumblr_ln5hp5y0c81qb8492o1_500-thumb-500x375-71329-Copy_zps744534a5.gif

Sharks looked like crap out there. Hopefully they get their act together for the homestand, but maybe they need a trade or something. Please get out of this funk, its depressing to watch.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Wilsons job as the general manager is to make the team the best that he can. If what he has done for defensive depth in the past 8 years is the best he can do. Then it is time for him to leave since he cannot do his job good enough.

That is not his job. His job is to come up with a plan and execute it. It does not mean getting the best FA's he can every year or even signing players better than he can draw from in the AHL.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

My thinking is along the similar lines. I don't know who is at fault for the current state of the team or the lack of success we have had at winning the shiny thing. But it is the GM's job to find the problem and fix that problem. If he cannot do that, then maybe it is time to find another GM who can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad