GDT: Sharks vs Sabres in Buffalo 4:30pm PDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
edL4xrR.png

I don't have a new comic so here's the old one

Sharks | Some Stats | Sabres 10-8-2 | Record | 4-13-2 Thornton [18] | Points | Ennis, Stafford [12] Pavelski [8] | Goals | Ennis, Moulson [6] Burns,Thornton,Marleau [11] | Assists | Stafford [8] Pavelski [4] | PP Goals | Ennis, Stafford [2] Ni3mi [7] | Wins | Enroth [1]

a9IknEA.png

Marleau-Couture-Kennedy
Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Wingels-Sheppard-Nieto
Desjardins-Burish-Goodrow

Vlasic-Braun
Mueller-Burns
Irwin-Demers

Grosenick

Q9pGNVz.png

Moulson – Girgensons – Ennis
Flynn – Mitchell – Gionta
Deslauriers – McCormick – Stafford
Foligno – Hodgson – Stewart

Strachan – Myers
Zadorov – Ristolainen
Weber – Benoit

Neuvirth

and my foreign song of the day

Fair warning, game may be cancelled
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/18/snow-is-causing-some-big-headaches-in-buffalo/

Last edited:

HammerShark

Sep 10, 2014
My best friend is a buffalo fan. We have a friendly wager every game, and i've been paying up big time for years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Sabres fan here giving ya'll a heads up:

Buffalo is getting PUMMELED with Lake Effect snow last night and today. Some areas already have 40" of snow and they're calling for another foot+ in those areas, and the worst of the snow is supposed to hit the city at some point today.

Don't be at all surprised if the game gets cancelled and rescheduled....

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

Buffalo is getting PUMMELED with Lake Effect snow last night and today. Some areas already have 40" of snow and they're calling for another foot+ in those areas, and the worst of the snow is supposed to hit the city at some point today.

Can't think of a better outcome right now lol.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Yeah, there's no way in hell. There are driving bans all over the city. My mom said they had 3 1/2 feet since last night and the forecast said it will be 6' total by tomorrow morning.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Nothing can save you from this win. Sorry to delay the tank job.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
This would be up there with worst possible games to get rescheduled, wouldn't it? They would either have to squeeze in a cross country flight to Buffalo during a homestand, or squeeze in another game when they come out to Montreal and Toronto.

Hope everybody is safe in Buffalo!

EDIT: Sharks Play At OTT On Mon 3/23 and then at DET on Thu 3/26. Buffalo also has games on 3/23 and 3/26 so I would imagine a rescheduled game would take place then.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
Lines this morning:

Hertl - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Kennedy
Nieto - Sheppard - Wingels
Goodrow - Desjardins - Burish

Vlasic - Braun
Mueller - Burns
Irwin - Demers

And apparently Grosenick was first off the ice, so we'll see what happens there.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Interesting that Grosenick is starting again...

They're playing the Sabres, so...

2-1 Buffalo

Stafford, Ennis
Marleau

He isn't going to be with the big club for long and he certainly earned another start so it's not at all surprising that he's the likely starter.

Hopefully those lines this AM means Nieto is good to go, he's been really unlucky production wise but he's been great this season.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
...gotta think this game will be postponed. 12pm update

"travel within the most intense portion of this band from south buffalo into the nearby southern and eastern suburbs is impossible. Local officials report all roads are impassable and clogged with snow and stuck vehicles. Do not venture out within this area. If you live north or south of the band of snow do not attempt to drive into the affected areas... You will become trapped."

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
So, uhh... Isn't Buffalo known for having snow?

As a Finn, I don't understand this. Can't the roads be cleared with machinery?

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
So, uhh... Isn't Buffalo known for having snow?

As a Finn, I don't understand this. Can't the roads be cleared with machinery?
South Buffalo has 22 plows, 10 got stuck. They got 8 inches in 2 hours for a total of 50 inches in some places in just one night. Add in the high winds and you get problems

Also supposed to get a foot or two more as well by Friday.

Now that full storm won't hit downtown but the band is moving north so they will get a bit anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad