Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign Tyler Toffoli to 4 year deal 6M AAV

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Anyone who thinks this is an overpay doesn't understand how good Toffoli has been in recent years.

67 goals over the last two seasons. Tied with Timo Meier and Elias Pettersson in goals since 2020.

He's definitely on the wrong side of the aging curve but he's also been a late bloomer who only took off after leaving the Kings.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Sharks got a veteran player who is still productive and can help guide the young guys. I see this as a great signing. I'm also happy the Sharks did something on Free Agency Frenzy day.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I like Toffoli but I dont understand this signing, if they were pushing for a playoff spot id get it but they aren’t 😂 I assume this is there Foligino/Hall signing

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I like it. I am always hesitant to stack too many young guys on the same line. Assuming Couture makes it back, I would guess Macklin - Couture - Toffoli will be our top line. Shelters Macklin a bit but also gives him room to learn and grow. Couture can shift over to the wing as 1OA grows more and more confident in the league.

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
Needed top 6 scoring, got top 6 scoring without overpaying. Slower guy but a better version of what Grier tried with Hoffman. Let's hope he keeps it up.

We're still short a middle 6 C (I assume Cooch is done) and we are still short a top four RD or guy who can play RD.

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
I don't mind this signing. I'd rather have March on his deal, but its not too bad. If Toffoli can keep up his scoring, 30+G for 6M is a very solid deal.

Overall, I like it. Now we need one more top 6 forward, and 1-2 top 4D.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I like Toffoli but I dont understand this signing, if they were pushing for a playoff spot id get it but they aren’t 😂 I assume this is there Foligino/Hall signing
We need goal scorers and a few veterans. We have a lot of playmakers and few goalscorers

It's absolutely unhealthy to development of kids to get crushed every single game like we did last year. It's like working any other job where the day is miserable and coming to work is a chore. Eventually it feels soul crushing and your effort level begins to match your feelings.

We won't make the playoffs and will still be a bad bottom team, but at least these games will be closer and we won't be forcing prospects into roles they are not ready for

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad