Speculation: Sharks Roster Discussion Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
Well perhaps Wilson has held onto the likes of Pavelski because he knew Marleau may not re-sign. Can you imagine us losing our top two goal scorers? That would be devastating unless the return was even greater. And how many goal scorers are better than Pavs at this time?

That's all fine. But in this situation we're not in need of goal scorers. We're in need of U23s and prospects. I think all three should have been moved or let go, but maybe that's just me.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
How much for JVR ?

JVR-Joe-Pavs

Good on paper, but would it be a waste to put 2 scoring wingers on Joe's line ?

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
That's all fine. But in this situation we're not in need of goal scorers. We're in need of U23s and prospects. I think all three should have been moved or let go, but maybe that's just me.

Business wise the team needs to remain competitive as at least a bubble team, I don't think they will allow them to be a basement team or outright tank for picks

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Ya know, now that Marleau has moved on I think not only could we bring in Jagr but... sign JR back out of the booth! Make it happen DW.

TealManV

A man has said
Oct 12, 2011
California
Nine years ago on July 3rd, 2008, DW signed Rob Blake. On July 4th, 2008, DW traded for Dan Boyle. I only bring this up since it's July 3rd and I'm hoping that DW is going to make a couple of big moves over the next 24 hours to help improve the team for the upcoming season and future seasons. We have $10.1 mil in cap space (according to Cap Friendly). I would love to use that space to add Kovy and Chucky to our top 6. This is my hope. If DW doesn't make any big moves and only signs a couple of cheap FA with the hopes of some kids stepping up next season (again), I will be incredibly disappointed and frustrated.

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Nine years ago on July 3rd, 2008, DW signed Rob Blake. On July 4th, 2008, DW traded for Dan Boyle. I only bring this up since it's July 3rd and I'm hoping that DW is going to make a couple of big moves over the next 24 hours to help improve the team for the upcoming season and future seasons. We have $10.1 mil in cap space (according to Cap Friendly). I would love to use that space to add Kovy and Chucky to our top 6. This is my hope. If DW doesn't make any big moves and only signs a couple of cheap FA with the hopes of some kids stepping up next season (again), I will be incredibly disappointed and frustrated.

For some reason, Doug loves 4th of July! Let's hope for some more fireworks.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

So he signs older defensemen with one-syllable first and last names?

Welcome Mark Streit!

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
DW was never going to sign him. Dude skipped out on a team mid contact. Kovy left for Russia but it seemed like that may have been a mutually agreed on thing with him and the devils

I never wanted Radulov, i've just seen his name thrown around a lot around here even though it was never going to happen

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
There goes Radulov

Sharks are gonna be bad this year, I am not excited for September

There's plenty of time to make a trade and a few people we could bring in from ufa still. Wait until closer to the season to make this kind of prediction.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
There's plenty of time to make a trade and a few people we could bring in from ufa still. Wait until closer to the season to make this kind of prediction.

By bad, I mean intensely mediocre, like 7-11 seed finish

If we were gonna be genuinely awful I'd be excited, but being just good enough to try to make the playoffs is the worst position any team can be in

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Im looking for Timo to have a big jump this year, I expect 17-22 goals from him. (If he's getting enough minutes with skill guys)

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
By bad, I mean intensely mediocre, like 7-11 seed finish

If we were gonna be genuinely awful I'd be excited, but being just good enough to try to make the playoffs is the worst position any team can be in

We can't be the best team in the division/conference every year and I seriously doubt ownership will let us tank so there are going to be years where we're mediocre. I think we've been spoiled by having a really good team for an extended period of time (minus a few hiccup years here and there)

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

I could see Doug going after Kruger for the bottom 6 and moving Tierney, a Dman + prospects and picks for an upgrade up front. I think Jussi Jokinen would be a decent pickup for the bottom 6 on a one year deal, and Cody Franson if the Sharks move out Dillon or Braun for a forward.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
We can't be the best team in the division/conference every year and I seriously doubt ownership will let us tank so there are going to be years where we're mediocre. I think we've been spoiled by having a really good team for an extended period of time (minus a few hiccup years here and there)

I still think we aren't that many moves away from being really good again. Our D is great, Jones I expect will have a better season than last year, we just need to find a way to add to our forwards without gutting our depth. We need someone who can pick up the loss of Marleau's goals and we need a long term replacement for Jumbo. Easier said than done but certainly not impossible. DW needs to get to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad