Speculation: Sharks Roster Discussion Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
OEL is a great player, but I don't see why either team makes that trade. Couture is probably too old for the Yotes and we are not in a position where we need to get better at D at the expense of offensive production.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Aside from injuries, I don't see who'd he'd replace.

I know haha..i thought about that, and the idea that he doesn't really play a complete game yet. I just wonder how long its gonna take before he puts it all together and starts to really separate himself. I, like alot of other fans im sure, had higher hopes for him is all.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Aside from injuries, I don't see who'd he'd replace.

One of Ward/Haley/Wingels on the team to be honest.

Meier-Thornton-Pavs
Labanc-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-Hertl-Goldobin
Boedker-Tierney-Karlsson

This is the roster I would love to see. That 3rd line needs a playmaker and Goldobin would provide that. Hertl and Marleau are solid defensively as well so that line should still be good defensively.

It is something I honestly do not see happening this year but would like if it did.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area

Meier-Thornton-Pavs
Labanc-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-Hertl-Goldobin
Boedker-Tierney-Karlsson

This is the roster I would love to see. That 3rd line needs a playmaker and Goldobin would provide that. Hertl and Marleau are solid defensively as well so that line should still be good defensively.

It is something I honestly do not see happening this year but would like if it did.

I like it, but where did Ward go? Therein is the problem. There's no way in hell they're healthy scratching Ward full time. 4th line duties, sure. Sitting in the pressbox? I rather doubt that. Looks great otherwise, tho.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009

Meier-Thornton-Pavs
Labanc-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-Hertl-Goldobin
Boedker-Tierney-Karlsson

Yasss

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
OEL is a great player, but I don't see why either team makes that trade. Couture is probably too old for the Yotes and we are not in a position where we need to get better at D at the expense of offensive production.

Even though I agree the Sharks don't neccesarily need to trade F help for D, if that deal presents itself, you take it and run. Having a top-10 defenseman on each pairing is too good to pass up.

However, OEL is a top-10 defenseman, is 25 years old, and carries only a 5.5 million cap hit for the next two seasons after this one. As much as I love Couture, OEL is way more valuable.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

Meier-Thornton-Pavs
Labanc-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-Hertl-Goldobin
Boedker-Tierney-Karlsson

I really like that roster, and am all for it.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I am not sure why we are messing around with the lines so much. We finally had some kind of goal scoring going over the last few games and did not think the lines really needed to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad