Speculation: Sharks Roster Discussion Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don't think the Avalanche want Boedker back. Plus that would look shady on the part of Doug Wilson to trade him immediately.

If I'm Joe Sakic, and DW calls me about Duchene, I'm realistically asking for one of Vlasic, Burns, Couture, Pavelski, and maybe if I've been watching him, Hertl. You trade one of your top players, you're realistically expected to get a top player back. I don't think they're going to make the same mistake they did with RoR and trade a really good, homegrown roster player for a pick, highly touted prospect, B level roster player combo. With management expectations, they're probably looking for somebody to help them win now.

Meier+Braun is something I could see them compromising on, and at I still probably wouldn't take it.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Duchene is INSANELY good and if you wouldn't give up Meier and a 1st for him you're a homer plain and simple.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Heck, I'd do Meier, Goldobin, Dillon, Wingels, 1st for Duchene. Add whatever D prospect they want. He's that good. He'd seriously put us over the top.

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Couture-Hertl-Labanc
Donskoi-Duchene-Karlsson
Ward-Tierney-...Haley?

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Schlemko-DeMelo

Three lines of awesome and a quality D.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Heck, I'd do Meier, Goldobin, Dillon, Wingels, 1st for Duchene. Add whatever D prospect they want. He's that good. He'd seriously put us over the top.

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Couture-Hertl-Labanc
Donskoi-Duchene-Karlsson
Ward-Tierney-...Haley?

Vlasic-Braun
Martin-Burns
Schlemko-DeMelo

Three lines of awesome and a quality D.

be honest, how much were you dry heaving as you forced yourself to write that? :laugh::sarcasm:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The rumor I saw was Braun, Boedker, and a first for Duchene. Losing Braun hurts, but that is a trade I'd make every day.

The only reason I'd give credence to that rumor is I've seen Braun's name in a few rumors.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
The rumor I saw was Braun, Boedker, and a first for Duchene. Losing Braun hurts, but that is a trade I'd make every day.

The only reason I'd give credence to that rumor is I've seen Braun's name in a few rumors.

That is wonderfully inexpensive. I'd do it.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
If the Sharks could get Duchene, and then one of Strome/Bozak (presumably buying low), that would go ways to abating the etiolation of the Sharks's forward core.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Which rumors would those be? It wouldn't totally shock me if Braun moved and it would have to be for a serious name like Duchene, but Braun, Boedker, and 1st really does nothing for Colorado unless they're planning on dealing Barrie immediately after, which would be beyond stupid.

Why not use Goodrow or Carpenter?

Because I guarantee Haley would play over them.

If the Sharks could get Duchene, and then one of Strome/Bozak (presumably buying low), that would go ways to abating the etiolation of the Sharks's forward core.

Firstly, if the Sharks got Duchene (they won't, but for argument's sake) then they'd already be stacked at center even if they moved Couture to wing. What would they do with another center in Bozak/Strome? And while I'm completely on board with picking up Strome for cheap, why should we have any interest at all in Bozak?

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Thoughts on Mueller? I thought he played fantastic last night, and since the call up, he's looked pretty good. Past years I've been pretty down on him, but this time around he's actually catching my eye. I like it.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Thoughts on Mueller? I thought he played fantastic last night, and since the call up, he's looked pretty good. Past years I've been pretty down on him, but this time around he's actually catching my eye. I like it.

Yesterday was a good game for him. And he has looked ok in the 3 games he has played. However, his pairing has been largely sheltered. It is too small of a sample size to say that he has it figured out but at the same time, I am glad that he has shown flashes.

The kid is a perfect example of having all the tools but not able to put it together.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
I don't think the Avalanche want Boedker back. Plus that would look shady on the part of Doug Wilson to trade him immediately.

If I'm Joe Sakic, and DW calls me about Duchene, I'm realistically asking for one of Vlasic, Burns, Couture, Pavelski, and maybe if I've been watching him, Hertl. You trade one of your top players, you're realistically expected to get a top player back. I don't think they're going to make the same mistake they did with RoR and trade a really good, homegrown roster player for a pick, highly touted prospect, B level roster player combo. With management expectations, they're probably looking for somebody to help them win now.

Meier+Braun is something I could see them compromising on, and at I still probably wouldn't take it.

The Avs might want Boedker back, though IIRC he mostly played with Duchene there so maybe not. He's still fairly young and they'd be buying low. It might be kind of shady for the Sharks to do that since he supposedly signed for less to be with SJ. If so, DW shouldn't trade him this season.

I agree that the Avs would want a core player(s) back. If they like Hertl, that's probably who they'd target. The other guys are kind of old for a rebuild, which is what I'd assume they're going for if they trade Duchene. Per their fans, they're looking for potentially high end young d-men, though, and I don't think we have anyone. If Roy hadn't been injured so often, he might fit. If they can't find that, they might go for Hertl + Meier/Goldobin + pick/Heed/Ryan/DeMelo/Mueller/Dillon (and possibly them sending other pieces back). Or something like that but with Hertl as the main piece.

I'd do Meier + Braun and would rather do that than having Hertl as the main piece.

I'd do that easily. I like Braun and think he's undervalued by the league but we'd be set at C. Even if none of Hertl, Couture, or Duchene end up as top 1Cs, they'd all be excellent 1C/2Cs and having three of them would work well IMO. It would be a potent and versatile forward core. Right now, it looks like we have the d-men to absorb Braun's loss without too many problems.

Edit to add:

I thought he looked good for the most part. He seems to be gaining confidence. I'm not sure why he was pulled. He made mistakes but seemed to recover quickly. He has been sheltered but that's what I'd expect for any d-man coming from the AHL. He played better than I expected and I think he's making progress so that's encouraging.

Last edited:

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015

Boedker played well on the Avs. I also don't really see how it's "shady" for Wilson to deal him when he's been given every opportunity to succeed and hasn't in the slightest.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
And it's only been half a season. He's a .5 ppg player on teams he played a top-6 role on. He's a 3rd line player getting paid 3rd line money, and I wouldn't be surprised if he finds his niche and puts up 20-25 pts in the last 42 games.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Out of all the Duchene rumors I have seen on the internet the sharks are not one of the teams rumored to be in play....Which obviously leads me to believe we will somehow get him lol

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
If I am Avs I would ask for Meier/Labanc + 1st 2017 + Braun. Honestly, they would like a younger D prospect/player than Braun but Dillon/Mueller/DeMelo are probably not going to be enticing enough. Roy would have been good but he has been injured so often, not sure Avs would want Roy.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
If I am Avs I would ask for Meier/Labanc + 1st 2017 + Braun. Honestly, they would like a younger D prospect/player than Braun but Dillon/Mueller/DeMelo are probably not going to be enticing enough. Roy would have been good but he has been injured so often, not sure Avs would want Roy.

Agree. If Braun was a major piece, I was thinking it'd take him, a 1st, and Meier too.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I'd give up a lot for Duchene but I wouldn't give up Braun. The whole point of getting Duchene is to go all in this year. If we lose Braun who replaces him on the shutdown pair? Burns? Hell no. Losing Braun upsets our entire defensive lineup in a way that can't really be fixed.

Also the Avs don't need another right-handed defenseman. They're a total wasteland on the left side but Johnson and Barrie is as good a one-two punch on the right side as any team in the league.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I'd give up a lot for Duchene but I wouldn't give up Braun. The whole point of getting Duchene is to go all in this year. If we lose Braun who replaces him on the shutdown pair? Burns? Hell no. Losing Braun upsets our entire defensive lineup in a way that can't really be fixed.

This was my immediate thought upon seeing braun injected into the mix. Really, this seems like an unrealistic pursuit if people are rating duchene that highly.

we have depth at both D and F if not amplitude, but if you ask me the depth has taken us further than height ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad