Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2016-17: Meier reassigned 4/23/17

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston
My god, did anyone watch DeBoer's morning skate press conference the Sharks tweeted out? He looks and sounds like he has no ****ing idea what he's doing.

Are we still taking players' and coaches' comments to the media with anything more than a grain of salt? I thought we stopped doing that a decade ago.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd reward Meier's assist in the Nashville game with a start with the Joes tonight, move Hertl up with Marleau to try and get his scoring touch back and deal with Tierney at 3C over moving Marleau to center especially between Boedker and Hansen. That line may be fast and get transition scoring chances but they're going to give it up the other way and not be a good possession line.

Meier-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Hertl-Boedker
Hansen-Tierney-Donskoi
Ward-Karlsson-Labanc

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'd reward Meier's assist in the Nashville game with a start with the Joes tonight, move Hertl up with Marleau to try and get his scoring touch back and deal with Tierney at 3C over moving Marleau to center especially between Boedker and Hansen. That line may be fast and get transition scoring chances but they're going to give it up the other way and not be a good possession line.

Meier-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Hertl-Boedker
Hansen-Tierney-Donskoi
Ward-Karlsson-Labanc

I'd consider switching Boedker with basically any of the wingers down the line up.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd consider switching Boedker with basically any of the wingers down the line up.

It's something I've considered but I didn't like what it looked like. If you swap him with Hansen or Donskoi and have Boedker with Tierney, he's going to see a lot less of the puck. If he's replacing Ward or Labanc, you're likely getting the same results as none of them with someone like Karlsson coming back from injury is likely playing at that speed or winning many races or battles for him.

I mean, I don't like the idea of moving Marleau to center but if it's a short term thing, I'm not going to worry over it but given the 12 that are going to be in the lineup, that seems like the best to deal with the issues they have and try to correct some things with certain players who are slumping.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
it would be interesting to note how often sharks players or coaches comments to the media actually panned out as indicators of anything.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
it would be interesting to note how often sharks players or coaches comments to the media actually panned out as indicators of anything.

Basically never. I don't know why anybody cares about the talking points.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Have you seen projected lines for tonight?

According to Kurz it's Hansen-Thornton-Pavelski, Karlsson-Marleau-Boedker, Labanc-Hertl-Ward, Meier-Tierney-Donskoi. For once we have twelve good forwards in the lineup (well, apart from Tierney but at least he's not Haley) but DeBoer has managed to arrange them in one of the worst ways possible.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
According to Kurz it's Hansen-Thornton-Pavelski, Karlsson-Marleau-Boedker, Labanc-Hertl-Ward, Meier-Tierney-Donskoi. For once we have twelve good forwards in the lineup (well, apart from Tierney but at least he's not Haley) but DeBoer has managed to arrange them in one of the worst ways possible.

Baby steps

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Ya not a fan of those at all, I really would like to see Labanc on the top line and a 2nd line of all burners, personally I'd go...
Labanc-Thornton-Pavs
Hansen-Marleau-Boedker
Donskoi-Hertl-Karlsson
Meier-Tierney-Ward

I am interested to see Labanc with Hertl.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Ya, Labanc was a good addition. Glad to hear the Joe's took him under their wing.

Last edited:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
can't lie, labanc did seem like a better fit on the top line than hansen has been.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Labanc to the top line also allowed for the creation of the Hansen-Tierney-Boedker line which was great.

Edit: meant Hansen-Hertl-Boedker.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
It was Hansen-Hertl-Boedker but yes they were incredible.

It was both actually. When DeBoer shortened the bench, it was Hertl up top and Tierney filling in. It's good to see that line working with Tierney as 3c though.

I think Labanc is a great player, but I am nervous to slot him with the Joe's in the playoffs. Not sure who takes over that LW1.

Last edited:

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
It was both actually. When DeBoer shortened the bench, it was Hertl up top and Tierney filling in. It's good to see that line working with Tierney as 3c though.

I think Labanc is a great player, but I am nervous to slot him with the Joe's in the playoffs. Not sure who takes over that LW1.

Tierney had literally one shift with Hansen and Boedker and Hertl one shift with the Joes.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Tierney had literally one shift with Hansen and Boedker and Hertl one shift with the Joes.

And it only took 37 second for that magical trio to score a goal. That's like 120P/60min. And you want to split them up. Rediculous. Don't you know anything!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad