Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2016-17: Meier reassigned 4/23/17

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I was on board with all of this until you kept Ward in the lineup. I'd prefer Boedker play over him on the second line with couture and Marleau. Move donskoi to the third and Meier to the Cuda line.

Ward is better than the non-superstar version of Boedker, which is Boedker 90% of the time. Ward is still a useful player defensively, physically, on special teams, and he chips in goals every once in a while. He also gives a young 4th line some vet presence. He'd be much more useful in the fourth line than Boedker.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Ward is better than the non-superstar version of Boedker, which is Boedker 90% of the time. Ward is still a useful player defensively, physically, on special teams, and he chips in goals every once in a while. He also gives a young 4th line some vet presence. He'd be much more useful in the fourth line than Boedker.

That's fair, I just don't like how Ward is playing right now. I still think Boedker could work with Marleau and Couture though. That's where he was at his best.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
If Hansen is out, I'd like to see Sorenson on the top line. Some great, much needed speed with Thornton and Pavs.

Hadn't thought about that - but I wouldn't be opposed to trying it. He has been driving that 4th line for the last few games. Would be interesting to see him with the Joe's. Could definitely see it working.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
I was on board with all of this until you kept Ward in the lineup. I'd prefer Boedker play over him on the second line with couture and Marleau. Move donskoi to the third and Meier to the Cuda line.

Ward does a lot of good things (like contributing the 5th most points of our forwards) and I think many folks undervalue/underappreciate him.

I would move Boedker back to the second line though.

Last edited:

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Just saw the Kurz article that Hansen is with the team in Dallas (though his status is still unknown). Hopefully if he is well enough to travel that means his injury isn't too bad.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
O'Regan sent to Barracuda and then to Allen.

Only thing I can think of is that they want him to play today before calling him back up. Americans play tonight while Barracuda don't play again until Saturday. Even then though it doesn't make much sense to me.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I think it's merely a scheduling convenience because Allen is in Missouri tonight for a game. I think it's just a cap-saving move until Friday.

Why are the Sharks still worried about saving cap space this season? Is anyone in range of hitting a bonus?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why are the Sharks still worried about saving cap space this season? Is anyone in range of hitting a bonus?

They have five players including O'Regan that have bonuses in their ELC but it could just be a simple matter of ensuring that they have space if more short-term injuries pile up or if the flu bug gets worse.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Only thing I can think of is that they want him to play today before calling him back up. Americans play tonight while Barracuda don't play again until Saturday. Even then though it doesn't make much sense to me.

And then Allen is back home on Friday, in the Dallas metroplex, where the Sharks will be on Friday for the Sharks at Stars game on Friday. That might play into it too.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
O'Regan sent to Barracuda and then to Allen.

that's just weird.

Barracuda are in SD tonight.

Allen is a whole lot closer to Dallas than SD. :sarcasm:

And on his ELS, O'Reagan can be assigned to ECHL.

Cap move.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
that's just weird.

I think it's merely a scheduling convenience because Allen is in Missouri tonight for a game. I think it's just a cap-saving move until Friday.

Pete's coffee was cold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad