Recalled/Assigned: Sharks Recalls 2016-17: Meier reassigned 4/23/17

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Used to be, excluding emergency recalls, teams were limited to 4 recalls after TDL.

So, unclear if these are "emergency" recalls or what.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
The one small sliver of hope i have is that they are kind of hiding carpenter from tge vegas radar. Its the one lineup decision that has puzzled me; dude has done everything right when hes come up.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The one small sliver of hope i have is that they are kind of hiding carpenter from tge vegas radar. Its the one lineup decision that has puzzled me; dude has done everything right when hes come up.

Didn't Tierney score a goal last game tho?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Didn't Tierney score a goal last game tho?

Lol. I like Tierney. Hes certainly a project, but his value league wide is probably not much.

Deboer has at least persisted with him at 4c. But i won't sit here and deny that i wouldn't be more comfortable with the older, and more prototypical possession oriented carpenter in the playoffs.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Lol. I like Tierney. Hes certainly a project, but his value league wide is probably not much.

Deboer has at least persisted with him at 4c. But i won't sit here and deny that i wouldn't be more comfortable with the older, and more prototypical possession oriented carpenter in the playoffs.

I really don't hate Tierney at 4C by any means and he's not even close to the top of my list of concerns (as long as he stays at 4C lmao). But yeah, I'd prefer Carpenter. Much better defensive player while still being a strong playmaker like Tierney.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I used to really like Tierney but now I'm more of a "i don't hate Tierney" guy.

Hes very skilled. Has great vision. Hes creative and has a good wrist shot.

But over a span of a 100 games youd likely see carpenter get scored on way less, drive possession and have a better p/60.

Carpenter has that ability to anticipate where pucks are heading and keep plays alive in the zone, but lacks the offensive creativity. So hes likely the better long term contract.

Mostly just speculation on my part. Would love to know how he is with the cuda

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I really don't hate Tierney at 4C by any means and he's not even close to the top of my list of concerns (as long as he stays at 4C lmao). But yeah, I'd prefer Carpenter. Much better defensive player while still being a strong playmaker like Tierney.

So why not run a 4th line of Carpenter-Tierney-Karlsson?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Carpy will be UFA VI. Vegas would have to negotiate deal to acquire instead of picking someone else who meets contract/experience status (they can only sign 10 such guys).

Goodrow and Mueller coming in as RFAs.

Robinson (VI), Grosenick, Haley, Heed (VI), Kelly, Marleau, Thornton among the UFAs "out there" too.

Will be interesting to see if the Sharks play DeMelo to get the 70 games of experience to make him exposed with the contract status/experience required.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
O'Regan and Meier up, Carpenter back down. I guess Karlsson and Hansen might be out for a little while.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
O'Regan and Meier up, Carpenter back down. I guess Karlsson and Hansen might be out for a little while.

I really hope O'Regan gets a shot. I think a 4th of Timo - O'Regan - Sorenson would be streets ahead of what we ran last night.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I really hope O'Regan gets a shot. I think a 4th of Timo - O'Regan - Sorenson would be streets ahead of what we ran last night.

Let's take it a step further: I want a PP unit with those three, Couture, and Burns. The Cuda special teams are so much better than the Sharks. Worth testing if they can do it in the NHL.

If Hansen is out for a while, I bet Hertl moves up to the top line since Labanc wasn't recalled. O'Regan slots into the 3C spot.

Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Ward-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-O'Regan-Meier
Boedker-Tierney-Sorensen

This lineup would be better still if Labanc and Carpenter got called up too...

Labanc-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Donskoi
Hertl-O'Regan-Meier
Sorensen-Carpenter-Ward

Get Tierney, Haley, and Boedker the hell out of that lineup and Ward out of the top-9. Give the kids a chance. Look at the Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary line in Pittsburgh. It's currently the best line in the NHL.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Let's take it a step further: I want a PP unit with those three, Couture, and Burns. The Cuda special teams are so much better than the Sharks. Worth testing if they can do it in the NHL.

If Hansen is out for a while, I bet Hertl moves up to the top line since Labanc wasn't recalled. O'Regan slots into the 3C spot.

Hertl-Thornton-Pavelski
Ward-Couture-Donskoi
Marleau-O'Regan-Meier
Boedker-Tierney-Sorensen

This lineup would be better still if Labanc and Carpenter got called up too...

Labanc-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Donskoi
Hertl-O'Regan-Meier
Sorensen-Carpenter-Ward

Get Tierney, Haley, and Boedker the hell out of that lineup and Ward out of the top-9. Give the kids a chance. Look at the Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary line in Pittsburgh. It's currently the best line in the NHL.

I was on board with all of this until you kept Ward in the lineup. I'd prefer Boedker play over him on the second line with couture and Marleau. Move donskoi to the third and Meier to the Cuda line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad