Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
5-0 Giants through 2 periods. Hamaliuk almost had a goal to close out the 2nd but replay showed that it was stopped on the goal line and covered under the Giants' goalie's leg, providing no definitive proof it crossed the line. No other change in his stat line. So at least he stayed out of the box for 20 minutes.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Any points for him or just all PIMs?

Nope. the game finished 6-0 Giants and Hamaliuk's final scoreline was 0 points, 8 PIMs all from the first period, 3 shots on goal, losing the only draw he took, and finishing a relatively not-terrible -1.

The Rockets' next game is Tuesday vs the Kamloops Blazers (who started the season by throttling the Giants 7-3 on Friday)

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
What's the deal with Letunov? Will he make the jump? Or is he just more of what Sharks already have? He's 25 years old, 40 pts in 50 AHL games last year. Just another bottom 6/bottom 9 forward?

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
What's the deal with Letunov? Will he make the jump? Or is he just more of what Sharks already have? He's 25 years old, 40 pts in 50 AHL games last year. Just another bottom 6/bottom 9 forward?

Letunov was passable to good on the 4th line last year. His injury to start the year threw things off for him.

Reactions: landshark

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

I'm not sure if the COVID at the start of the year (or missing time because of protocol/taxi squad) is taking a toll on him, but he's been pretty unremarkable this season in the AHL, to say the least.

Was the team MVP last year, borderline invisible so far this year.

Last edited:

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I'm not sure if the COVID at the start of the year (or missing time because of protocol) is taking a toll on him, but he's been pretty unremarkable this season in the AHL, to say the least.

Was the team MVP last year, borderline invisible so far this year.

Letunov was passable to good on the 4th line last year. His injury to start the year threw things off for him.

You guys thinking 3rd or 4th line center for a ceiling? At 25 it seems like he's gonna be whatever he is now?

My Cuda watching sched is weird, I catch up like once or twice a week and watch; he had a nice goal a game or two ago.

13 games with a couple goals and I just noticed the last goal...

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
You guys thinking 3rd or 4th line center for a ceiling? At 25 it seems like he's gonna be whatever he is now?

My Cuda watching sched is weird, I catch up like once or twice a week and watch; he had a nice goal a game or two ago.

13 games with a couple goals and I just noticed the last goal...

Were he in last season's form, third line. He's also a guy most teams wouldn't want on the fourth line because he's still one of the softest 6'4" players I've ever seen.

He needs to get back on track, though. He had an interview with Truong where he said he was finally starting to feel like he was where he wanted to be, and that was a couple days ago.

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Were he in last season's form, third line. He's also a guy most teams wouldn't want on the fourth line because he's still one of the softest 6'4" players I've ever seen.

He needs to get back on track, though. He had an interview with Truong where he said he was finally starting to feel like he was where he wanted to be, and that was a couple days ago.
That's a good sign then. I mean, if he can be better than Gamby and become a solid 3rd/4th line center w/ some offensive pop, that would be nice!

Mayo8898

May 18, 2014
Robins with a goal and an assist
Wiesblatt went shoulder first into the boards on a dirty hit and left the game. Didn’t return

Reactions: landshark

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Wonder when sharks sign NCAA guys. Scott Reedy and Mike Robinson both become UFA's if not signed by august, but most sign before to play AHL before next year.

I feel like Reedy's worth a shot (at least on an AHL deal). The Barracuda have been struggling to consistently ice twelve forwards as it is, and with the trade deadline approaching there might be a couple of spots with the Sharks opening up that will need to be filled. Reedy probably isn't much, but he's performed well this year, he's a big right-handed center. If the team sells a couple forwards, at least giving him an AHL deal doesn't hurt anyone.

Unless someone can speak to Robinson's skills outside of his statistics, I don't see anything there, especially when the Sharks already have Melnichuk, Korenar, and Emond under contract (technically Korenar is an RFA, but I expect he gets resigned), and Sawchenko and Harvey also floating around. One of them might be on the Sharks next year (let's say Korenar), two with the Barracuda (Melnichuk and Emond), and one floating between the AHL and ECHL.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
welp, there won't be any games for Hamaliuk for a couple weeks.

6 positive tests for the 'rona, including 4 players.

additionally it meant that tonight's Vancouver/Prince George game was postponed due to potential contact overlap and and the fact that they were the only BC division matchup scheduled for tonight.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I feel like Reedy's worth a shot (at least on an AHL deal). The Barracuda have been struggling to consistently ice twelve forwards as it is, and with the trade deadline approaching there might be a couple of spots with the Sharks opening up that will need to be filled. Reedy probably isn't much, but he's performed well this year, he's a big right-handed center. If the team sells a couple forwards, at least giving him an AHL deal doesn't hurt anyone.

Unless someone can speak to Robinson's skills outside of his statistics, I don't see anything there, especially when the Sharks already have Melnichuk, Korenar, and Emond under contract (technically Korenar is an RFA, but I expect he gets resigned), and Sawchenko and Harvey also floating around. One of them might be on the Sharks next year (let's say Korenar), two with the Barracuda (Melnichuk and Emond), and one floating between the AHL and ECHL.

Saw Robinson multiple times during his college career and was never very impressed. He hasn't really been on good UNH teams but for the most part he looked just average in Hockey East. I just don't think Robinson should be in this org's plans with Melni and Korenar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad