Sharks Joe Thornton hit on Capitals TJ Oshie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't think I'm the one that needs to 'get over it' haha

You're right, DeBoer needs to get over it.

Joe shouldn't have to fight guys like Wilson. He's pissed because one of his best forwards was basically forced into fighting a plug and was taken off the ice for 7 minutes when the game was still in the balance.

I respect Joe for fighting Wilson, he took a risk there, but he accepted the challenge. He could've turned Wilson down and he wouldn't have been taken off the ice for 7 minutes. Bottom line is that DeBoer has no room to complain. He should've sent someone else like Goodrow to answer the bell.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Yeah, I'm sure Dillon had that slash in mind for 18 minutes before he did it... :rolleyes: I think Deboer's pissed because there was no Instigator on Wilson.

You want an instigator in a fight where both men squared up and took their helmets off (which I assume was the extra 2 each?)
Joe shouldn't have to fight guys like Wilson. He's pissed because one of his best forwards was basically forced into fighting a plug and was taken off the ice for 7 minutes when the game was still in the balance.

"Have to"? He didn't get mugged, he made a decision of his own free will, to answer for another (****tier) decision he made earlier.

If DeBoer doesn't want his team making that trade he should just tell Thornton to weasel out of it next time.

Reactions: Marshall

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You want an instigator in a fight where both men squared up and took their helmets off (which I assume was the extra 2 each?)

"Have to"? He didn't get mugged, he made a decision of his own free will, to answer for another (****tier) decision he made earlier.

If DeBoer doesn't want his team making that trade he should just tell Thornton to weasel out of it next time.
When he's being followed up the ice and being grabbed onto but the refs don't have the balls to make a call, a guy like Jumbo is going to eventually fight. He's not bitchmade like most of the league is now.

Reactions: Phu

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010

wait ten secs or so for the side angle

Thank you. Not sure what other people are seeing but i think from that video there has to be a suspension. Oshie is forecheck and hits the defender who plays the puck out. Then Thornton comes in. Am i missing something? Way i see it is Thornton hitting Oshie is interference then he hits him in the head while having time to react

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
When he's being followed up the ice and being grabbed onto but the refs don't have the balls to make a call, a guy like Jumbo is going to eventually fight. He's not *****made like most of the league is now.
Grabbed on to?

Now, when Wilson was "grabbing on to him", was he grabbing him with the hand holding his stick, or the hand up at his chinstrap?

hockeykicker

Global Moderator
Dec 3, 2014
When he's being followed up the ice and being grabbed onto but the refs don't have the balls to make a call, a guy like Jumbo is going to eventually fight. He's not *****made like most of the league is now.

i dont even see a ref in the picture

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Thank you. Not sure what other people are seeing but i think from that video there has to be a suspension. Oshie is forecheck and hits the defender who plays the puck out. Then Thornton comes in. Am i missing something? Way i see it is Thornton hitting Oshie is interference then he hits him in the head while having time to react

Haha, I've actually been so caught up in whether Thornton did it intentionally or not that I never even realized Oshie isn't legal to be checked like that anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad