Sharks Joe Thornton hit on Capitals TJ Oshie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
That's a bad play but I'm not sure it's suspension worthy. Dillon's slash on Bowey at the end of the game is suspension worthy.
Agree. The Thornton play to me was kind of an unfortunate incident. The Dillon play though was completely intentional. He should be gone multiple games.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
More embarrassing than anything. He was already gliding in and might have knew what he was doing but who knows. Full on face full of butt cheek.

Can you picture the suspension video?

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
he knew what he was doing. No way to prove it though, so doubt there will be a suspension

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I thought it was bull****, frankly.

Thornton knows Oshie is vulnerable and follows through deliberately. In this sense, it's a lot like the Gudas slash on Perreault. There's no attempt to minimize impact, either by bracing his arms against the glass or by stopping at all. Has time to do a 180 and finish with the hip, but somehow not 90 degrees to back off the impact on a vulnerable player.

I don't know that it's a suspension but I'd fine him, his paycheck can take it anyway.

Reactions: deaderhead28

JayZIH

Nov 29, 2017
I thought it was bull****, frankly.

Thornton knows Oshie is vulnerable and follows through deliberately. In this sense, it's a lot like the Gudas slash on Perreault. There's no attempt to minimize impact, either by bracing his arms against the glass or by stopping at all. Has time to do a 180 and finish with the hip, but somehow not 90 degrees to back off the impact on a vulnerable player.

I don't know that it's a suspension but I'd fine him, his paycheck can take it anyway.
His beard blinded him

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Total wreckless hit,puck had already left the area and Oshie was in a vulnerable position.Its Thornton that is responsible on holding up on the play and contacted Oshies head.One game at lease.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
oshie was never eligible to be checked, he was injured as a result of the check. pretty cut and dry to me but spin the wheel of DOPS..

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
As far as I can tell Oshie never even had the puck and was not eligible to be hit in the first place. He fell at the last moment so Thornton's hip caught his head but before that his back was directly to JT.

I am not expecting anything but if Oshie is out this should easily warrant 4 or 5 games, it was a gutless play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad