GDT: Sharks at Canes, 2PM PST

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Grosenick had his eye on the puck the whole game. Great job staying with all 45 SOGs!
He got a little bit of help from guys sweeping rebounds but great performance and a night I'm sure he'll remember.

Yes he did, and he was quick to get some part of his body to where the puck was coming from. We've seen this lack of quickness from Stalock and Niemi at times this season.

Perhaps he is our Obi-Wan Kenobi, our only hope at goalie this year? Nah, but I do hope he continues to get better as we've seen average goal tending from the usual two this year.

The defense has been much better in the last hand full of games with sweeping the puck out from the front crease area. It's been really noticeable and great to watch for a change.

My last takeaway from yesterday's game was that the 1st period was a complete reversal of what we've seen... it was not the Sharks who were dominating, but the Canes with the better SOG ratio of 3 to 1 and a backup goalie doing them in. Hah!

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
I would keep Brown over Burish until Torres shows he can get on the ice, stay on the ice, and play the way he needs to in order to be effective. Until then, Brown is the only one in the bottom six that will play the actual game of hockey with a physicality that is noticeable and creates energy for the team.

completely agree. I know it isn't in the cards but, i'd be pretty happy to never see Scott or Burish in our jersey again.

Grosenick had his eye on the puck the whole game. Great job staying with all 45 SOGs!
He got a little bit of help from guys sweeping rebounds but great performance and a night I'm sure he'll remember.

After that we're finally going to get a nice little home stretch after so many games on the road!

Yes, I was really impressed about his performance. I hope he will get another start soon.

With the home games coming; let's hope they actually make use of the home ice now as we have had some bummers there this early season.

Last edited:

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
It's one game obviously, but I likes what I sees from this gross young man. Maybe the future of our goaltending isn't quite as bleak as I thought.

...of course we could always dress John Scott as a goalie :sarcasm:

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I see a couple of things turning around with some time at home.

1. Faceoffs. Home team has an advantage here; our guys ahold use it.

2. Battling: it takes a lot of energy to keep and hold the puck on the boards. Having our legs at home is going to help this.

Neither of these things will get us wins. The guys still need to execute. But I do expect to see some turnarounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad