Proposal: Severson to TOR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
:devils

Kapanen, Kasperi ($863,333)
Ozhiganov, Igor ($925,000)
2019 1st round pick (TOR)
2019 2nd round pick (TOR)

:leafs

Severson, Damon ($4,166,666)
Bratt, Jesper ($749,167)

RiellySeverson
GardinerHainsey
DermottZaitsev
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LOL at Bratt being treated as a throw in. He might actually be the most valuable piece in the entire proposal (hard to truly gauge his value as he was injured and Hynes has buried him in the bottom 6 for some time as well, but I think he's pretty clearly going to be a better player than Kapanen).

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
LOL at Bratt being treated as a throw in. He might actually be the most valuable piece in the entire proposal (hard to truly gauge his value as he was injured and Hynes has buried him in the bottom 6 for some time as well, but I think he's pretty clearly going to be a better player than Kapanen).

Oh how I don't miss the days of hyping up 3rd liners on lottery teams.

He is probably the 3rd or 4th most valuable piece in the trade (TOR 1st is worth more IMO).

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

He is probably the 3rd or 4th most valuable piece in the trade (TOR 1st is worth more IMO).

LOL. Have you ever watched a game where the Leafs aren't playing? Bratt is literally the most valuable piece in the trade. It's quite clearly Bratt>Severson/Kapanen>Tor 1st. You can argue if Severson or Kapanen are worth more, but no way in hell either hold as much value as Bratt who literally carried our 2nd line for the games he was playing with MarJo and Zacha (2 guys who are not high end 2nd line caliber players).

Edit: We wouldn't trade Bratt for your 2019 and 2020 1sts, even if they had no protection. Hell, outside of your premier players there are few players that would interest us for Bratt. I wouldn't even swap Bratt for Nylander after that anchor of a contract you gave him.

Reactions: Lateralous

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA

He was our best forward last year after Hall for pretty much the first half of the year as a 19 year old and was tnused to the long schedule. he has been injured this year. You obviously haven’t seen him play. Especially if you think he isn’t worth a pick around 25.
He has out scored Kapanen in pretty much the same amount of games and is two years younger.

supercilious

Jan 14, 2012
He was our best forward last year after Hall for pretty much the first half of the year as a 19 year old and was tnused to the long schedule.

Being the second best forward on a team that cant score doesnt mean he's more valuable than a player who is the 7th best forward on a team but has put up 7 times as many goals this year.

Agree though that Bratt shouldnt be included in this deal. Leafs don't need offence and the Devils do.

Reactions: uncleben

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Being the second best forward on a team that cant score doesnt mean he's more valuable than a player who is the 7th best forward on a team but has put up 7 times as many goals this year.

Agree though that Bratt shouldnt be included in this deal. Leafs don't need offence and the Devils do.

Kapanen won't continue to shoot at 20% just as Bratt won't shoot at 5%. Just looking at both players production over the last year it's silly to make a conclusion that Kapanen is better due to his production this year. I will admit I haven't watched much of Kapanen, but Bratt has elite vision and has proven to really lift his linemates. From the little I've seen of Kapanen I would say it's very possible he and Bratt both end up being great top 6 guys or even solid 1st liners, but Bratt has a hell of a lot of upside due to his creativity that I just haven't seen in Kapanen when watching him play (again, I'm not claiming to be an expert on him). Bratt has excelled in most situations, from the PP to the PK, to literally sparking a line that was ice cold. The only reason he's struggled this season is a combination of injury, some back puck luck, and our coach being a complete moron.

Reactions: AK87

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Bratt and Kapanen are probably rather equal in value. The deal would then be Severson for Ozhiganov, a first and second which I'd rather have Severson just because we need quality defensemen and it'd be stupid to trade one of the few we do have.

Reactions: matrixtrippin

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs really can't do this trade for cap reasons. Severson's contract puts the Leafs into delaying their performance bonuses into next year, which they can't afford to do.
But really the trade, it doesn't help the Leafs this year. Severson and Bratt for Ozzie and Kapanen. It's a wash at best for the Leafs (at least for this year). Plus you expect the Leafs to give up two picks.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
No thank you. This makes our already bad defense worse, and we give up the unicorn before we even know how good he will be.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017

You think a ~25 OA pick is more valuable than a 19/20 year old forward who is .5ppg in his NHL career? You probably need to educate yourself on entry draft outcomes....

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
OP is terrible.

Wouldn’t move Severson alone for that package, let alone adding a young top-6 RW with serious upside. We love Bratt as much as you guys like Kapanen.

I like Bratt a lot and don't think Jersey should be in the business of even entertaining moving him. But Severson has looked incredibly ordinary to me this year, especially in his own zone. Kapanen + 1 + 2 is quite a payment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad