Series Discussion: Columbus (3) vs Pittsburgh (2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
17353341_10154653658908918_6914873827674622980_n.jpg

It's official. We're playing Pittsburgh. It's NOT official that we are the 3rd seed, but that's what looks likely.

EDIT: And now it is official that we are the 3rd seed. I will post the TV schedule when its posted.

TV Schedule:

Game 1: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 7:30 EST @ Pittsburgh Penguins - FSNO/USA Network
Game 2: Friday, April 14, 2017 - 7:00 EST @ Pittsburgh Penguins - FSNO/NHL Network
Game 3: Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 6:00 EST vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - FSNO/CNBC
Game 4: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 7:30 EST vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - FSNO/CNBC
Game 5 (if needed): Thursday, April 20, 2017 - TBD @ Pittsburgh Penguins
Game 6 (if needed): Saturday, April 23, 2017 - TBD vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
Game 7 (if needed): Monday, April 25, 2017 - TBD @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Last edited:

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
We wanted a legit rivalry? This'll help. The teams don't like each other generally and now to be playing again in the playoffs for the second time. Yeah this ought to do it.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I think losing Letang is going to have a huge psychological effect on the Penguins. Not sure if they will enter the playoffs fully believing in themselves. Jackets could take this one if they play a physical series and Bob plays to his full potential.

We Want Ten

Johnny Gaudreau
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
We wanted a legit rivalry? This'll help. The teams don't like each other generally and now to be playing again in the playoffs for the second time. Yeah this ought to do it.

I think we need to win one first. Otherwise its just yapping.

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
I think losing Letang is going to have a huge psychological effect on the Penguins. Not sure if they will enter the playoffs fully believing in themselves. Jackets could take this one if they play a physical series and Bob plays to his full potential.

And if any forward can score a couple goals..

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I think losing Letang is going to have a huge psychological effect on the Penguins. Not sure if they will enter the playoffs fully believing in themselves. .......

With all due respect, I doubt the Pittsburgh team got the news about Letang from the newswire. If the players didn't know the exact severity long before now, then everything I have ever read about a locker room in pro sports has been a joke.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
We were tied at 100 points on March 19th with the Caps when we clinched. Pens were at 99 points. In the 8 games since, the Caps jumped us by 8 points (now 10 in their extra game last night) and the Pens made up 4 points. What a fall. Woof.

In regards to the Pens series - the home team won every game this season. Even with all their injuries, Pens are 31-6-4 at home.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

Getting home ice would really help us.

We play Winnipeg, @Philly, and @Toronto. The only team with something to play for here is Toronto, who like us is trying to get a higher seed. We HAVE TO win at least two of these games, as we are down 3 points to Pittsburgh, but that's also relying on them to only get 1 point the rest of the way, which isn't likely. Winning all 3 at least gives us a decent chance.

Pittsburgh plays @Jersey, @Toronto, and @NYR. Jersey should be an easy win for them tonight. So we need to win against Winnipeg to stay afloat. The last two games could be tricky for them. So we're going to need help from Toronto and the rangers.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
So assuming we are 3 seed can we estimate when games 3 and 4 will be (home games)?

Depends on TV scheduling, but my guess is Games 1 and 2 4/12 and 4/14 in Pittsburgh, then Games 3 and 4 in NWA on 4/16 and 4/18 OR 4/17 and 4/19 if they put a two-day travel break in there.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Pittsburgh plays @Jersey, @Toronto, and @NYR. Jersey should be an easy win for them tonight. So we need to win against Winnipeg to stay afloat. The last two games could be tricky for them. So we're going to need help from Toronto and the rangers.

The Rangers are done and resting guys. They're locked into WC #1 with nothing else to play for.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Just win.

If we can spank 'em, that'd be great. But just win.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Assuming we start on the road... winning 1 of those first 2 in Pittsburgh would be HUGE.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't give a **** about Pens fans. Just want the Jackets to win a series.

Have you been to a pens/jackets game? It's almost unbearable. I went to one of the wins this season against the Pens and afterwards it was all pens fans shouting

"how many cups do you have guys?"

"how many playoff series have you won"

Crosby/Malkin have made them forget their losing ways. It's time we remind them what its like to play golf in April.

I know I'm not alone in saying I want to beat the Pens just to shut their fans up.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
All along, I think we knew it would come down to this.

It just seems right, CBJ vs PIT

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Have you been to a pens/jackets game? It's almost unbearable. I went to one of the wins this season against the Pens and afterwards it was all pens fans shouting

"how many cups do you have guys?"

"how many playoff series have you won"

Crosby/Malkin have made them forget their losing ways. It's time we remind them what its like to play golf in April.

I know I'm not alone in saying I want to beat the Pens just to shut their fans up.

Yeah I dunno what it is. Most of them are good people. One of my best friends is from Pittsburgh. We don't talk about sports for a reason - he turns into a jackass immediately.

It's unfortunate the Pens are so banged up. We have to listen to a bunch of BS about how they're going to poop all over the CBJ anyway now, and if they lose, we're going to have to listen to all the excuses about how they would have pooped all over the CBJ if their team wasn't so injured.

Beating them won't shut them up, but I'd rather listen to them whine than listen to them gloat.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Depends on TV scheduling, but my guess is Games 1 and 2 4/12 and 4/14 in Pittsburgh, then Games 3 and 4 in NWA on 4/16 and 4/18 OR 4/17 and 4/19 if they put a two-day travel break in there.

Monday Night Raw wrestling is coming to the Schott on 4/17 so I'm hoping CBJ are off that night :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yeah I dunno what it is. Most of them are good people. One of my best friends is from Pittsburgh. We don't talk about sports for a reason - he turns into a jackass immediately.

It's unfortunate the Pens are so banged up. We have to listen to a bunch of BS about how they're going to poop all over the CBJ anyway now, and if they lose, we're going to have to listen to all the excuses about how they would have pooped all over the CBJ if their team wasn't so injured.

Beating them won't shut them up, but I'd rather listen to them whine than listen to them gloat.

They don't understand their own history. I grew up in Pittsburgh during the Pens' formative years (the Penguins started playing when I was 1) and the team was mostly bad. If you chart the team's first decade-and-a-half of existence, it doesn't look that much different that the CBJ's, save for the occasional bankruptcy, but on-ice the results are pretty similar. And that's in a league with fewer teams. I loved the team anyway, much as I have done in my adult life with the Jackets.

This is why I hate playing the Penguins in the playoffs. Those are my people in a way, but in these situations I want nothing more than for them to shut up. (If you'd have told me 20 years ago that my greatest sports moment as a fan experiencing it live would be a game in which a Pittsburgh team lost - and yeah I'm talking about game 4 - I'd have told you you were a dope.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad