Low Effort GDT Sens v Buffalo tonight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ullmark with a Korpi goal last night. But got peppered in the first.

Crookshank looked like he had something to prove. I was very in and out in a different time zone. How did Boucher look?

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Guys drafted in 2012 are in their 30's now so they don't qualify for "young talent"... Ottawa should have as much young talent as them if not more since we started with several very valuable assets in 2018

That said, I'm kind of hopeful that we are going to stockpile young talent again (after 3 years of dilapidation), very re-assured with the Yak pick and we have several 4th/5th rounders who are possibilities to become legit prospects. I'm quite high on Moore and Wallenius vs players usually drafted in these rounds.
I understand, but you seem to be overlooking my point. The Sabres should be the last team to emulate for a rebuild strategy. They've been in a perpetual state of rebuilding since 2012 without making the playoffs. It appears they lack a clear direction in their approach.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Disappointed with Ostapchuk's game, he needed to show more as a guy looking to crack the team

Pinto was not great, I get he's a vet and has little to play for but you got to set the tone for the kids.

Adisson, Matinpalo, Roos, and Sebrango can go to the AHL now, they aren't getting a roster spot the way they've played

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
After the first period I was tired but couldn’t stop watching more out of fascination with how terribly we were playing. Could we keep that up? We absolutely can apparently. Against the team Buffalo iced.

And I wanted to keep watching Ullmark, what a showing.

Yak looked great, again.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
After the first period I was tired but couldn’t stop watching more out of fascination with how terribly we were playing. Could we keep that up? We absolutely can apparently. Against the team Buffalo iced.

And I wanted to keep watching Ullmark, what a showing.

Yak looked great, again.
Its odd because we had an ok start for, like 5 mins, then we just sort of stopped and said, Ullmark's got this...

Anyways, the game answered two questions, Ullmark is legit, and Yakemchuk is going to be good

Reactions: Crosside

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I thought Boucher looked noticeable.
Both goalies looked really good.
yak obviously had another strong game.

Disappointing camp for angus. Biggest disappointment for me.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I thought Boucher looked noticeable.
Both goalies looked really good.
yak obviously had another strong game.

Disappointing camp for angus. Biggest disappointment for me.
Boucher was ok, but still underwhelming, he didn't stand out in a good or bad way.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Boucher was ok, but still underwhelming, he didn't stand out in a good or bad way.
He had a couple nice hits and got a couple chances. He caught Helenius good at one point I think. And his skating looks really strong to me.

I think he'll make the NHL someday. He'll need to clean up his game though and he needs some consistent healthy playing time to do it.

If he gets close to a full season in the AHL I won't be surprised if he's in the conversation for a roster spot this time next year.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
.Boucher was ok, but still underwhelming, he didn't stand out in a good or bad way.
Reminds me of lazar tbh.
No real offense to speak of. Doesn't drive the net, instead is a perimeter shooter and doesn't keep his gate wide enough in front of the net to get any sort of rebound.
Send him down

Reactions: BigRig4

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Reminds me of lazar tbh.
No real offense to speak of. Doesn't drive the net, instead is a perimeter shooter and doesn't keep his gate wide enough in front of the net to get any sort of rebound.
Send him down
Yeah, a more physical Lazar, if he can carve that out as a career it will be a good outcome imo.

He can hit, and occasionally rip a shot off on net if someone gets it to him, good skater, tools are there.

If he can be a penalty killing energy 4th liner, maybe there's some hope for him.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Ullmark with a Korpi goal last night. But got peppered in the first.

Crookshank looked like he had something to prove. I was very in and out in a different time zone. How did Boucher look?
You must have been in a jet to do that? Do you own your own jet?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Really??? Fire an entire scouting staff because of one bad pick??? Damn
Is it just one bad pick? We were playing Buffalo’s prospects and AHL squad last night, and they looked pretty good against our guys. You have to give some thought and wonder about how good our prospect pool is at some point. And a reference to Buffalo rebuilding & sucking since 2012 isn’t particularly relevant as picks/prospects from that long ago have either made the club or have washed out. The players at the top of our draft in 2020 was very good, but I think its fair to wonder how good its been overall in the last 4 or 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad