Confirmed with Link: Sens sign Calen Addison (D) and Nikolay Kulemin (F) to PTO's

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Roster update: The #Sens have signed defenseman Calen Addison and forward Nikolay Kulemin to professional tryout agreements.

1725560674744.png

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Addison can't defend and if he's not getting PP time, which he shouldn't on a team with Chabot/Sanderson, he's not providing much value.

Not a guy I probably want paired with Kleven on the bottom pair. If we were going to go the PMD route Klingberg/Shattenmirk would have been better.

Kulemin PTO is amusing. Probably just a faovur called in by someone.

Reactions: NB613 and Sensators

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Addison is still young, and he IS an RHD, maybe with the right guidance he can be better defensively while still being a good puck mover.
And if the scenario were Hamonic on LTIR or not getting any games, then having more of a PMD behind more defensive guys in Kleven and JBD might not be a bad mix for the 3rd pair. Spot duty on the PP when Chabot or Sandy are unavailable.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How the hell did they pick 38 y/o Kulemin ; hasn't played in the NHL since 2017/18 ; after 7 straight years in the KHL . Talk about digging deep.

Maybe they can turn him into a scout.

I don't see a fit with Addison . He is more mobile than JBD or Hamonic but that's about it

I am glad they now have a framework and processes to help with their decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
How the hell did they pick 38 y/o Kulemin ; hasn't played in the NHL since 2017/18 ; after 7 straight years in the KHL . Talk about digging deep.

I don't see a fit with Addison . He is more mobile than JBD or Hamonic but that's about it

The scouts are using the same VHS tapes they used to choose Stepan.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
LMAO at Kulemin. Maybe Jagr next?

Addison might be good on a 2-way deal. Some PMD insurance and if he clears waivers he could be really helpful in Belleville.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode

Taking a look at Staois time with the NYI. He retired at 38 with NYI in 2011-12.
Kulemin was with TML at that time and then came over to NYI in 2014-15.
So, the Staois-Kulemin NYI connection does not quite add up.

I know that it is just a PTO but it is really odd to bring him over after 7 years in Russia.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Taking a look at Staois time with the NYI. He retired at 38 with NYI in 2011-12.
Kulemin was with TML at that time and then came over to NYI in 2014-15.
So, the Staois-Kulemin NYI connection does not quite add up.

I know that it is just a PTO but it is really odd to bring him over after 7 years in Russia.

Kulemin was in Toronto at the same time Dave Poulin was their VP of hockey operations.

So if I had to guess, this is likely Poulin doing a favour for a guy he knows and likes.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
A quick Google shows that Kulemin was back in Toronto this summer to run a hockey camp with Mikhail Grabovski.

I can see the sense in it. Sens get a veteran presence at camp, and Kulemin gets a team to work out with - and maybe impart a little knowledge. Sounds all good to me.

Reactions: Laphroaig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad