OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Great year for Sandra Huller.

Her work in Zone of Interest was also really impressive.

Excellent film. Such a radical departure from what we generally associate Holocaust films to be.

You get so used to doing five things at once while watching a movie but that was one where I had to stop doing everything else and just dive in. Would've loved to have seen it in the theatre.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

The 50-year-old petrodollar agreement between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia was just allowed to expire. The term “petrodollar” refers to the U.S. dollar’s role as the currency used for crude oil transactions on the world market. This arrangement has its roots in the 1970s when the United States and Saudi Arabia struck a deal shortly after the U.S. went off the gold standard that would go on to have far-reaching consequences for the global economy. In the history of global finance, few agreements have wielded as many benefits as the petrodollar pact did for the U.S. economy.

Its said that over the next 10 years the global economy will have a major shift once countries start getting rid of their Dollars. Doesn't seem like a big coincidence why there is this huge push to go electric by 2035. This is the reason behind "climate Change" and they have been prepping us for the last 20 years.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah. I watched these two after the movie and recommend but only after you watch the movie obviously as they contain spoilers.

Edit: can’t share them here but Cinema Detective on YouTube has two short videos about the movie. I think they’re the most recent uploads.
Here's one of them, which was pretty good:

D'oh, you're right, these videos can't be shared! Anyway, you can still just click on the link.

Reactions: Icelevel

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
Hits from the weekend
1) @coladin ... best sign from the Italy game "Eat Pasta, Run Fasta".
2) "I confess", 1953.Alfred Hitchcock. Shot in Quebec city. In the old part. It was even more beautiful then. No additions of new buildings. Still in almost its pure sense.
3) Squirrels love gardens
4) Erik Christensen goes from heart attack and legally dead at the 2022 Euros. To scoring the opening goal just now. I am not sure there is a God, but f***, he must be.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
You get so used to doing five things at once while watching a movie but that was one where I had to stop doing everything else and just dive in. Would've loved to have seen it in the theatre.
Just watched it.
It’s a good one to watch if you’re thinking about selecting Trevor Connelly this draft.
And then it’ll be a good one to watch for the team that actually selects him and all their fans.
But I didn’t like it as much as Anatomy

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Just watched it.
It’s a good one to watch if you’re thinking about selecting Trevor Connelly this draft.
And then it’ll be a good one to watch for the team that actually selects him and all their fans.
But I didn’t like it as much as Anatomy

Alright, I'll have to make a note of watching that one then!
I was totally unaware of the Connelly controversy until now. Yikes :(

Hits from the weekend

4) Erik Christensen goes from heart attack and legally dead at the 2022 Euros. To scoring the opening goal just now. I am not sure there is a God, but f***, he must be.

I can't be entirely sure if you're garbling Christian Eriksen's name on purpose or not (I'm leaning towards not because it was also the 2020 Euros), at any rate, pretty crazy, I thought he was done for good

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Bluesfest is announcing a mystery artist tomorrow for the July 9th slot.
I wonder who it will be? Any guesses?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Bluesfest is announcing a mystery artist tomorrow for the July 9th slot.
I wonder who it will be? Any guesses?

The quotes indicate it's a non-Canadian band, and an actual band or group, as opposed to a solo artist.

That's all I could glean.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
There it is - you had a personally bad experience, and are projecting that drivers habits on others
Yeah pretty much.

Look, you guys love your weed and being stoned. Just don't drive is that so hard. And please don't tell me that it doesn't affect driving. Drinking and driving is bad. Driving while stoned is bad.

Not that hard

Well, it's a legal requirement to have automatic headlights in all cars made after 2021 in Canada, and many manufacturers were doing it long before then. So, yeah, there are still some cars on the road without them, but it's not exactly the norm at this point. Heck, I had auto lights in my 2008 focus, not exactly a premium car.

Like I said, I rarely see cars without their lights on these days, where as it was a regular occurrence when I was in my 20s. I don't see why you'd be more likely to forget to turn on lights under the influence of Cannabis rather than alcohol, so why assume one over the other?
I am assuming this because there has been a distinct difference since the legalization of weed.

Reactions: DrEasy

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Similarities Between Driving Drunk and High​

Both alcohol and marijuana impact your ability to drive a vehicle safely. When drunk, your reflexes are slower and your coordination is impaired. Driving high can also impair your reflexes and coordination. Both alcohol and marijuana also affect your ability to pay attention and make smart decisions.

Differences Between Driving Drunk and High​

There are some key differences between drunk driving and driving high. When drunk, you may be unable to make good decisions because you are impaired. Driving high can also impair your judgment. In particular, marijuana can cause paranoia and anxiety, making driving even more difficult. While drunk drivers tend to go faster and take more risks, drivers high on marijuana are likely to drive slow, be unreasonably cautious, and overreact to situations on the road.
No no no that is all anecdotal. These guys are all addicted to the Chronic and everything is ok!

• Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No no no that is all anecdotal. These guys are all addicted to the Chronic and everything is ok!
Well, these are fair questions to ask because it's basically just fear mongering from people with an obvious bias that look down on it. Is there is a real world problem? There is no data supporting that there is a real risk on the roads in any sort of substantial numbers from stoned drivers. Until either can be proven, the actual risk is unknown, and one guy on the internet providing hilariously flawed anecdotes about headlights is just angry old man yelling at clouds stuff.

Right now, based on the data available, the risk is about as real as Bigfoot or the Boogieman and the people that were opposed to Cannabis were long predicted to grasp at that straw as a means to try to fight legalization or just be curmudgeon's about it.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am assuming this because there has been a distinct difference since the legalization of weed.
I personally haven't noticed this, but it seems like others have experienced an increase in people driving with their headlights off., having said that, a quick online search came up with an alternative explanation; Newer vehicles have brighter daytime lights than in the past, and newer cars have instrument clusters that are illuminated even when the headlights aren't on.

Here's a few articles on about it.

I would caution against jumping to conclusions based on a correlation, since this is apparently happening on a broader scale than just Canada, so the Canadian legislation on cannabis use is likely not the primary cause,

Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Yeah pretty much.

Look, you guys love your weed and being stoned. Just don't drive is that so hard. And please don't tell me that it doesn't affect driving. Drinking and driving is bad. Driving while stoned is bad.

Not that hard

Man, I don't even have a license.

I just have a thing about assuming bad drivers are inebriated. Better odds they are just terrible drivers that developed bad habits and since we don't require regular retesting, no one calls them on it.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
It's hip to be square.

huey-lewis-i-don%27t-know.gif

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Had to call 911 on a driver that was all over the road a couple weeks ago. He was taking forever to go on greens, hesitating into turns and crossed the middle line and couldn't maintain his lane more than once.

After a solid 15 mins of following him and debating on whether he was drunk/inebriated or just a typical dumbass Ottawa driver I decided to err on the side of caution and called it in.

Cops must've been nearby because he was pulled over pretty quickly so I decided to pull over too just down the street and watch it go down, because I'm insufferably curious. Guy did a road side test and was sent on his way. He was just a super shitty driver. I'm not saying that's the case all of the time, and I don't regret calling, but alot of the time people are just f***in dumb.

Reactions: Relapsing

Beech

What A Wonderful Day
Nov 25, 2020
----

I can't be entirely sure if you're garbling Christian Eriksen's name on purpose or not (I'm leaning towards not because it was also the 2020 Euros), at any rate, pretty crazy, I thought he was done for good
Brain Fart. I knew the Erikson/Erik/Christiansen. I simply scrambled them.

And it was Euro 2020.. But if you notice my posts, you will see "teh" a ton. Instead of "the".. I don't look up when I type.

Hey Mac, what is happening with the PM of Slovakia? any more developments on his shooting? You guys on that side of the border are way more stable.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
It's hip to be square.

huey-lewis-i-don%27t-know.gif
Bro I'm in my 50s. I did that shit when i was young and thankfully got over it. Now please resume your regular schedled programming of figuring out who killed JFK or what reaaaaaalllllllyyyyy happened on 9/11. If it did actually happen

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Bro I'm in my 50s. I did that shit when i was young and thankfully got over it. Now please resume your regular schedled programming of figuring out who killed JFK or what reaaaaaalllllllyyyyy happened on 9/11. If it did actually happen
You should've thrown in something about eating taco bell and listening to phish to fully complete the caricature in your head

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Hey Mac, what is happening with the PM of Slovakia? any more developments on his shooting? You guys on that side of the border are way more stable.

He's recovering. Doctor said most people would've bled out from a shot like that, but that he fought hard.

Two weeks ago he gave his first speech since then. He continued to insult and blame the opposition for everything bad in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00