OT: Sens Lounge LXXXVI | Poutine on the Ritz

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Yeah, I guess so...

I haven't been 180 since... grade 10? It's been a long time. Even when I was cycling 40+km/day and was super low body fat, I don't think I ever got under 200.

180? Ugh. Honestly, I don't think I've been 180 since Grade 8 or 9?

Sitting at about 270 right now. Still kicking myself for getting down to 230 two years ago and then losing it all. Tough to get back on the wagon, especially when I'm now working far more often. Still not much of an excuse though.

Meanwhile, Manked is making me look like a damn fool these days...

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
180? Ugh. Honestly, I don't think I've been 180 since Grade 8 or 9?

Sitting at about 270 right now. Still kicking myself for getting down to 230 two years ago and then losing it all. Tough to get back on the wagon, especially when I'm now working far more often. Still not much of an excuse though.

Meanwhile, Manked is making me look like a damn fool these days...

What else is new !?

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:popcorn:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Soo..random Q. Got some vacation coming up and the wife and I are going to head out to Montreal. Is old Montreal a good place to stay downtown plus can we survive without knowing a single word of French?

Also, anything reccomendations on stuff to do? We will only be there 3-4 days.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Soo..random Q. Got some vacation coming up and the wife and I are going to head out to Montreal. Is old Montreal a good place to stay downtown plus can we survive without knowing a single word of French?

Old Montreal is a great place to stay. I like staying at the holiday Inn select near China town. Walking distance from the old port an Ste Catherine .

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Just for laughs is on now. Get some tickets and go down to the open festival.

I also did a bus tour that took us to the big O and botanical gardens with bug museum, biodome, 2 churches and a bunch of other stuff.

The tours were like $15 or something with access to everything. Takes you everywhere

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
terminator genisys.
every attempt at humour = eye roll/head shake
every actor (other than jc and jk) = head shake/eye roll

despite that it was still better than the last two terminator movies. But come on, I've seen T2. Any new ideas since then?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Re: not knowing french, you'll be just fine.

I'm an anglo but speak fluent french. Montreal is funny because they'll pick up that your first language isn't french and they'll just speak English to you back. Kinda like Gatineau too actually.

Frustrating if you want to hone your french, but convenient if you don't speak a lick of it. Quebec City on the other hand..

Also, if you're into "nature", go to the Biodome. It's the old velodrome by the Olympic Stadium. It's a zoo on steroids. You walk through many of the habitats, It's awesome.

Montreal-Biodome-49127.jpg

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Old Montreal is the coolest part of the city. Of course its swarmed with Hipsters, but thats Montreal in general :P

Lots of people had some good suggestions. There is also LaRonde theme park which isn't half bad.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Foo Fighters last night was awesome. Surprise appearance by Sass Jordan too lol

Funniest thing was on the GO train back to Burlington, heard some guys having a shawarma vs Halifax donair conversation, and one of them was wearing an Ottawa ballcap...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Didn't that Foo Fighters guy break his leg during a concert about a week ago? Or was that a different guy?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Didn't that Foo Fighters guy break his leg during a concert about a week ago? Or was that a different guy?

Yeah, Dave Grohl broke his leg falling off the stage in Sweden. Finished that show.
Got pins put in his leg, cancelled the European part of the tour and had a throne built so he could continue playing the NA venues.

Dave of Thrones!

Two other cool things from the show, a six year old with a "my first concert" sign in GA got to go on stage and sit with Grohls mother for the show.
A random guy got called out for his sign "it's my birthday and I can play drums", got to go play a song with the band and he nailed it. Someone pointed out that it's quite possible it wasn't a plant, cause the guy was wearing a wristband

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yeah, Dave Grohl broke his leg falling off the stage in Sweden. Finished that show.
Got pins put in his leg, cancelled the European part of the tour and had a throne built so he could continue playing the NA venues.

Dave of Thrones!

Two other cool things from the show, a six year old with a "my first concert" sign in GA got to go on stage and sit with Grohls mother for the show.
A random guy got called out for his sign "it's my birthday and I can play drums", got to go play a song with the band and he nailed it. Someone pointed out that it's quite possible it wasn't a plant, cause the guy was wearing a wristband

A lot of arena shows use wristbands to show who is allowed on the arena floor level (ie: the ice level). When I was an usher with the Sens, we did it all the time. It saves a lot of time ticket-checking at the dashers.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
This was at Molson Amphitheatre, which was first time I saw a show there. Then venue is pretty sweet though, and the weather was awesome

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Dave of Thrones!

Dave Grohl is the rockstar of rockstars. Actually gives a **** about his fans. A lot of big name musicians could learn a lot from that.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Apparently I tore a tendon in my shoulder.

The only concert I ever went to the band members were talking with their fans before the show. It was a really small time band though.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Old Montreal is the coolest part of the city. Of course its swarmed with Hipsters, but thats Montreal in general :P

Lots of people had some good suggestions. There is also LaRonde theme park which isn't half bad.

Trust me when I say this: Old Montreal is not the coolest part of town and hipsters rarely hang out there.

I say this as a guy that's been called a hipster many times haha. I live in the Mile End area and sadly it's become the go to place for all the wannabe cool kids. Still the best neighborhood in the city to live in though.

But yes, Old Montreal is still the best place to visit as a tourist as well as the Olympic park area(Biodome etc). If anyone needs restaurant suggestions ask away as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad