OT: Sens Lounge LXXXII | Rise of Omni / Caeldan, the YES man

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
The main picture looks black and blue, but if you scroll down to the twitter responses, it looks like they have different contrasts. There's one where it's EXTREMELY clear that it's white gold, and another where it's EXTREMELY clear that it's black and blue... plus photos of anything anywhere in between.

I don't ****ing get it.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
The main picture looks black and blue, but if you scroll down to the twitter responses, it looks like they have different contrasts. There's one where it's EXTREMELY clear that it's white gold, and another where it's EXTREMELY clear that it's black and blue... plus photos of anything anywhere in between.

I don't ****ing get it.

Yeah me either.

It's a black and blue dress (if you've seen the original), the picture they keep showing though is white and gold. Don't know why people are making it into a big deal.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
......what the bloody hell?

It started white & gold, then changed to a robin's egg blue & dark gold.

from the article about the dress said:
Here's what the text in that embedded tweet says:

"Your eyes have retinas, the things that let you interpret color. There's rods, round things, and cones that stick out, which is what gives your eye a textured appearance in the colored part. The "cones" see color. The "rods" see shade, like black, white and grey. Cones only work when enough light passes through. So while I see the fabric as white, someone else may see it as blue because my cones aren't responding to the dim lighting. My rods see it as a shade (white).

There's three cones: small, medium and large. They are blue sensitive, green sensitive, and red sensitive.

As for the black bit (which I see as gold), it's called additive mixing. Blue, green and red are the main colors for additive mixing. This is where it gets really tricky. Subtractive mixing, such as with paint, means the more colors you add the murkier it gets until its black. ADDITIVE mixing, when you add the three colors the eyes see best, red, green and blue, (not to be confused with primary colors red, blue and yellow) it makes pure white.

—Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina's cones are more high functioning, and this results in your eyes doing subtractive mixing.

—White and Gold: our eyes don't work well in dim light so our retinas rods see white, and this makes them less light sensitive, causing additive mixing, (that of green and red), to make gold."

For what it's worth, I saw white and Gold, went down and read the quote above, and scrolled back up only to just for an instant see black and blue. The effect reminds me of Gestalt thoery and the various optical illusions I learned back in university.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Ooooh, I skipped a lot of classes in university too :sarcasm:

But seriously I did skip a lot and my marks suffered.

I skipped too. Mine didn't. You just gotta be good at flirting with the smart girls who always do their homework earlier so you can copy them in exchange for ... Well, I'll just end the tale there for tonight, kids

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
last night i saw white + gold clear as day

this afternoon it's blue + black clear as day

i legitimately thought it was some sort of weird joke, but well mb not

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
how do you guys feel about this vid...such a classic http://youtu.be/IEKhtME5hSw

I feel good about it.

I was actually at his funeral. It was held at the Memorial Centre here in Peterborough because I guess the dude loved Peterborough. I thought it was going to be a memorial with singing and music and other fun stuff. No, it was a funeral. It was strange.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
"Sigh" dress talks have made its way to the lounge... :cry:

Black and blue.

Rip Leonard Nimoy. :(

Heard it too much, can't listen to that song amymore.

Godzilla was amazing, especially when he's like "enough is enough". Snap, fire, rip, scream, drop, sleep.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I can't see any black in that photo, no matter how many times I've seen it.

It's either blue and gold or white and gold with lighting effects making the white appear blue. Tend to favour white-and-gold.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
It has been confirmed that the dress is actually black and blue some whatever days ago (Too lazy to pull up link, find out yourselves.)

Other news, Kingsman was an ****ing awesome movie.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It has been confirmed that the dress is actually black and blue some whatever days ago (Too lazy to pull up link, find out yourselves.)

Other news, Kingsman was an ****ing awesome movie.

Everyone knows the dress is black and blue, it's just weird that it isn't in the picture... ;)

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Is anyone here good with gammer?

If so, would you be willing to grammar check a message for me? Just pm me if you can, and I will pm you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad