OT: Sens Lounge LXXXII | Rise of Omni / Caeldan, the YES man

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I don't know where to put this so here it is.

The difference between chiasson and Phillips is huge when asked about being scratched.

Chiasson said something along the lines of "you know, its not about me. Its about the team. Whatever is best for the team. Maybe I need to sit out and see what I'm missing and improve going forward"

Obviously they are at different points in their career, but chiasson seems to be all about the team and didn't seem to be complaining at all. Whatever is best for the team. Don't forget were playing his old team, the team that drafted him, so he must be extra emotional, but still was all about the team.

So when people ask "what do you want Phillips to say?!" ...how about what chiasson said. Considering he is wearing a letter.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's not viable just to leave them in?

This

Every dentists has always told me that I had to get them out and said the same to my mom

I'm 31 and my mom is 65 and we both still have all of them and are fine

A lot of the time it's precautionary so I'd recommend getting a second opinion

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Im gonna guess your arms dont move when your knocked out?

Apparently I won't be knocked out and will be able to move, but I wont remember a thing and will be basically drunk

This

Every dentists has always told me that I had to get them out and said the same to my mom

I'm 31 and my mom is 65 and we both still have all of them and are fine

A lot of the time it's precautionary so I'd recommend getting a second opinion

It's not viable just to leave them in?

I haven't scheduled the appointment for the procedure yet, so I'll explore that option too, thanks for reminding me.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I had zero pain after my wisdom were removed. It literally took the dentist ten minutes to complete the probe due. All I had beforehand was the local anesthetic and afterwards I got Tylenol 3 for pain management.

The Tylenol 3 went un-used.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I only got one of my wisdom teeth removed. Not much pain.

I think it depends on the individual, and how hard the surgeon has to work to get them out, ie. how much trauma you sustain. Getting mine out wasn't painless but it wasn't terrible, whereas my sister's cheeks blew up like a chipmunk for days.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sask - Join a group fitness, like a bootcamp. My gf and I run a Bootcamp business (she's the trainer, and the whateveritisido guy) and people meet all the time in classes. You're doing something healthy that is good for you, you're in an environment where people are not judging, but rather helpful and understanding, and everyone by default has a common interest.

In general, as others have said, find something healthy and positive that you like and go kick it's butt. You'll find yourself surrounded with people who also value whatever it is, and you'll immediately have that in common for conversation.

Working out has the added benefit of helping you physically look more attractive, while also highlighting your dedication to being healthy, and displaying the willpower to do something that is difficult over and over again. The nice thing about a bootcamp is that they are not populated by "gym guys" and generally cater to all fitness levels.

If you lived in Victoria I would be happy to help you change your life fore the better.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Has anyone ever created a website before?

I do it all the time for friends and some local businesses.

The easiest way to get started is to use wordpress.

Go to Themeforest and pick a theme that fits what you want you website to look like, buy it, and upload the files to your wordpress.

Then you can change and add contenbt using the designe templates and away you go. Most themes over a large variety of way to change the appearnces, and most come with sliders, calendar tools, various page templates, portfolio setups, gallery templates, etc...

Lot's to choose from, and they are designed for the very this very purpose.

Let me know if you want some more info.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Needle to the hand. One of those constant ones that stay in.

Intravenous? Lucky!

I had a few giant needles to the gums (local) which were redone halfway through since I started feeling the operation!!!!

I had all four removed with drill, prybar and pliers, literally. Ans the whole time I could hear the drill, feel all of the tugging and wrenching, and smell burning tooth.

Have fun!

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Going to have to get those 4 wisdom teeth taken out.

Apparently I'm going to be stoned for two days.

And JESUS the cost.

I had my 4 wisdom teeth out an two other teeth 1.5 years ago. Anesthesia was through an iv, simple count back from 100 then you wake up later with a bunch of gauze in your mouth. You don't really get stoned afterwards (I didn't anyways). It isn't that bad, nothing to worry about.

On the topic of dentistry, I'm getting jaw surgery this summer :( liquids all summer :laugh: :cry:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I want to start going to the gym daily but i can't get over the social anxiety of it. I feel like I dont fit in at all with the people there, even if im not talking to them. Its a gym at a college and I never see casuals going in or out. Im a full on nerd that has no idea what to do at a gym.

Any advice?

I had my 4 wisdom teeth out an two other teeth 1.5 years ago. Anesthesia was through an iv, simple count back from 100 then you wake up later with a bunch of gauze in your mouth. You don't really get stoned afterwards (I didn't anyways). It isn't that bad, nothing to worry about.

On the topic of dentistry, I'm getting jaw surgery this summer :( liquids all summer :laugh: :cry:

My dream is to only eat smoothies. With 100% of everything I need. But im too lazy to clean the blender every time.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't know where to put this so here it is.

The difference between chiasson and Phillips is huge when asked about being scratched.

Chiasson said something along the lines of "you know, its not about me. Its about the team. Whatever is best for the team. Maybe I need to sit out and see what I'm missing and improve going forward"

Obviously they are at different points in their career, but chiasson seems to be all about the team and didn't seem to be complaining at all. Whatever is best for the team. Don't forget were playing his old team, the team that drafted him, so he must be extra emotional, but still was all about the team.

So when people ask "what do you want Phillips to say?!" ...how about what chiasson said. Considering he is wearing a letter.

The thing is, Phillips didn't complain. What he did do is over some intelligent insight into how a player ACTUALLY feels when they are scratched, and then added some extra insight into what it's like to be a veteran and a leader in that situation.

He was not bitter, did not complain, and I for one found it refreshing to actually hear a player say something real, and provide truthful insight into an issue. Chiasson likely feels exactly the way Phillips described and to me it feels good to be able to add a little more information to my knowledge base, than receive the usual mindless drivel players usually toss out to the media.

Ask an honest question, get an honest answer. There is something admirable about it, and it is definitely something that Murray himself models, as do I in my personal life.

Life is too short for platitudes. :)

p.s. Sorry for 8 straight posts everyone, it's like I just discovered this thread....

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON

Apparently I'm getting a sedative anesthesia.

I actually am looking forward to it. I want to know what it feels like :laugh:

And liquids ALL summer?! Jesus!

I want to start going to the gym daily but i can't get over the social anxiety of it. I feel like I dont fit in at all with the people there, even if im not talking to them. Its a gym at a college and I never see casuals going in or out. Im a full on nerd that has no idea what to do at a gym.

Any advice?

My dream is to only eat smoothies. With 100% of everything I need. But im too lazy to clean the blender every time.

Don't worry, the majority of guys at the gym are chill.

They won't bug you or talk about you or anything. If you ask them for help they will usually more than gladly give you advice or help you out.
Most of the people at the gym go there cause they have initiative. Personally when I go to the gym and see people who are 'out of place', I like it cause they are showing initiative to be better.

Just do your thing, but nice and respectful. Again, most the guys there are good guys. Even if they look like 'thugs'
I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Any advice?

Group fitness. Look up Ottawa bootcamp in google and have a look around.

The anxiety will be high for the first class or so, and there is no way around it, but these are group settings with high interaction between like-minded people.

Generally these are NOT crossfit type environments with high intensity fitness 'freaks', irrespective of the title "bootcamp". They are generally populated by adults with jobs, who want to get healthy and fit, but don't find the solo trip to the gym effective.

These classes are filled with the full range of fitness levels and skills, and are generally extremely supportive and positive. Everyone will remember being in the exact same spot you are on their first day and will be happy to help you through it.

All you need is to have the courage and determination to show up to the first class (generally the first is free), and then the second. Pretty soon it will be part of your routine, and you will look forward to seeing your little posse twice or three times a week.

EDIT: I have a smoothie everyday, and I find the trick is to just break apart and rinse the thing each time, don't worry about washing it. I end up soaping it once a week. I wouldn't want to wash it everyday either so I feel your pain :)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Generally these are NOT crossfit type environments with high intensity fitness 'freaks', irrespective of the title "bootcamp".

Just as an aside, if anyone is ever thinking of starting a crossfit class, do yourself a favor and find a different fitness class.

I swear, crossfit was invented by chiropractors and physical therapists in order to drum up business in the "injury recovery" industry.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Just as an aside, if anyone is ever thinking of starting a crossfit class, do yourself a favor and find a different fitness class.

I swear, crossfit was invented by chiropractors and physical therapists in order to drum up business in the "injury recovery" industry.

Since we run our business in Victoria, I can safely talk about it without anyone thinking that I'm selflessly advertising.

Bootcamps are not at all like Crossfit. We don't throw around overly heavy weights with improper monitoring, there is no shouting, no one is pushed to go beyond what is safe, or what they are ready to handle. We do play around with tractor tires, ropes, sledhammers, sandbags, bodyweight exercises, running, jumping, etc...

In our classes there is a range from large and overweight, to small and very fit, with everything in between. We have young students, all the way to 50 somethings, male and female, and what drives everyone to show up is the desire to get/stay fit, as well as the camaraderie of the group.

My partner is an amazing trainer, and everyone works at their own pace, with skilled direction and motivation of course ;)

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Going to have to get those 4 wisdom teeth taken out.

Apparently I'm going to be stoned for two days.

And JESUS the cost.

I got mine out a few years back. Ended up only having 3 to remove... so I actually got a discount on my bill in the end because one side was 'easy'.

Got general anasthetic and then T3's for afterwards... never actually had any real pain which was good. I did however have my usual pass out when the put the needle in for the IV drip lol... my BP drops like crazy and heart rate goes way down (like 35bpm or lower from my usual 55)... the one nurse said it was a vasovagal reaction. I almost always end up passing while blood is being drawn (but I don't feel any real anxiety about it). I did once give myself a panic attack though before a CAT scan reading the possible side effects of the contrast injection :laugh:

Any advice?

Don't always drink your food. There's actual benefit to having to chew it. It helps reduce insulin spikes for one as you aren't basically pre-digesting your food before swallowing.

As far as the gym goes, just find one and go in and do your stuff and go out. Over time if you have the same schedule, you'll probably start occasionally nodding hello to the same people... and then maybe later you'll start having conversations between sets. But basically if you go in with a plan, do your work and get out - no one gives you a hard time (so long as you don't do something ridiculous like curling in the squat rack).

I actually like crossfit, but the one near me I think is run rather well. The owners are highly involved and take the time to make sure that you're doing a movement correctly. I haven't gone in a while just because I ended up doing some other more powerlifting focused programs for a while and ended up signing up for muay thai thanks to the gf... but I keep thinking I might eventually start going back.

It's got a good cameraderie about it, and I like that there's some measureable ways to see improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad