Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sens 5th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3- Zack Ostapchuk 64.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3)
4- Stephen Halliday 42.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4)
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Javon Moore
Kevin Reidler
Jan Jeník
Luke Ellinas
Blake Montgomery
Tomas Hamara
Eerik Wallenius
Filip Nordberg
Lassi Thomson
Philippe Daoust
Theo Wallberg
Cole Reinhardt
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck
Jake Chiasson

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
This is where it all gets kind of murky.

Voting for Sogaard because I think he’s undoubtedly showed the most out of everyone left. He’ll have to be more consistent to make it but his upside is better than anyone left.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
My next 4 are Andonovski, Søgaard, Donovan and Bourgault but I have a hard time ranking them in an order

Went with Andonovski but could be any of them from that CLEAR tier IMO

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Donovan quite easily he has by far the best chance of playing in the NHL.

I'd say the guy who's closest and has the clearest path to an NHL job is objectively Sogaard.

Donovan has developed about as well as we could have hoped for from a 5th rounder, but until we see how he makes the jump to pro hockey, I think it's too early to say he's the guy with the best chances.

Not to say you shouldn't be bullish on him, if that's your guy.

Reactions: Bileur

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I went we are in limited prospects mode and these guys will be roll players - I went with Bourgault because I think he will be good in his roll as a bottom line RW

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I think its Crookshank here just based off the potential for him to play higher up in the lineup and his developing offensive game.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Huge drop off IMO after Halliday. I know nothing about Eliasson other than his size and his "lust for violence", but I still voted for him based on whatever little trust I still have left in our scouts for drafting him in the second round.

So, "shiny new object" it is for me, but after that it will be Andonovski, Donovan and possibly Bourgault and Merilainen.

Need to add the other shiny new objects: Moore and Montgomery.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I went with Soogard here. He has a ways to go, IMO, but he has the tools to be a starter in the NHL.

Add Javon Moore. He probably has the highest upside of any of our remaining prospects. I loved that pick.

Reactions: Xspyrit

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Huge drop off IMO after Halliday. I know nothing about Eliasson other than his size and his "lust for violence", but I still voted for him based on whatever little trust I still have left in our scouts for drafting him in the second round.

So, "shiny new object" it is for me, but after that it will be Andonovski, Donovan and possibly Bourgault and Merilainen.

Need to add the other shiny new objects: Moore and Montgomery.
It’s a decent choice honestly. I’d love to see how the Sens rank these guys internally.

These polls really end up favouring the guys who are further along and have played in the AHL, but there’s probably a good chance there are guys who end up much better and just don’t have the exposure/development yet.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It’s a decent choice honestly. I’d love to see how the Sens rank these guys internally.

These polls really end up favouring the guys who are further along and have played in the AHL, but there’s probably a good chance there are guys who end up much better and just don’t have the exposure/development yet.
Supposedly the the top-10 lists in THN Future Watch issue are provided by somebody who works for each NHL organization. Ottawa's most recent list was...

1. Kleven [54 OA]
2. Sogaard [64 OA]
3. Ostapchuk
4. Merilainen
5. Boucher
6. Donovan
7. Halliday
8. Pettersson
9. Andonovski
10. Hamara

Reactions: DrEasy and PlayOn

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Supposedly the the top-10 lists in THN Future Watch issue are provided by somebody who works for each NHL organization. Ottawa's most recent list was...

1. Kleven [54 OA]
2. Sogaard [64 OA]
3. Ostapchuk
4. Merilainen
5. Boucher
6. Donovan
7. Halliday
8. Pettersson
9. Andonovski
10. Hamara
Looks like a list from last year sometime given the absence of 7OA 2024 and the optimism on #5

Reactions: DrEasy

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

1. Kleven [54 OA]
2. Sogaard [64 OA]
3. Ostapchuk
4. Merilainen
5. Boucher
6. Donovan
7. Halliday
8. Pettersson
9. Andonovski
10. Hamara
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I would’ve expected Andonovski to be a bit higher but otherwise nothing too surprising.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Looks like a list from last year sometime given the absence of 7OA 2024 and the optimism on #5

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I would’ve expected Andonovski to be a bit higher but otherwise nothing too surprising.
It hit news stands in March 2024, so I'd guess that the info would have been gathered by January. So obviously no Yakemchuk, nor would it account for late season rises in Halliday and Andonovski's stock.

Interesting that Jarventie wasn't on the list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad