Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2

Who is the Sens #2 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Javon Moore
Kevin Reidler
Jan Jeník
Luke Ellinas
Blake Montgomery
Tomas Hamara
Eerik Wallenius
Filip Nordberg
Hoist Stanley
Lassi Thomson
Tyler Boucher
Philippe Daoust
Theo Wallberg
Kevin Mandolese
Cole Reinhardt
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
There are guys with higher ceilings and more interesting prospects sure but I think Kleven is ready, and should be able to carve out a decent career. Hopefully as a second pairing player.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Our prospect pool suuuuuuucks

I mean we have a top 10 pick, picked 3 years ago, who hasn't sniffed the big club and isn't even an option in these polls. We've added very few true prospects for the last 3 years.

In the face of terrible pro scouting, in the past we've been able to fall back on our amateur/drafting scouts. I'm starting to seriously question that part of our management. They clearly have a bias as to what kind of player they like and for several years now it is NOT paying dividends. Let's hope this year's crop turns our fortunes around. If not I think the entire scouting department needs to be overhauled.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Andonovski needs to be added to the list. He's in my top 10.

Oh thanks, not sure where he disappeared but he did. I added him right away because I also think he should be voted Top-10. He's one of those guys who makes our pool underrated a bit but at the same time, very limited upside overall. Ostapchuk will probably be voted 3rd and I see him as a 3rd line potential at most. Like I'd be ecstatic if he turns into a Mathieu Joseph, a guy we just dumped with a 3rd round pick lol

That's why I think Halliday should be voted our 3rd best prospect, he has more intriguing potential.

Hoyt Stanley should be there too imo, I have both guys ahead of Pettersson, though maybe that has more to do with not knowing a lot about Pettersson,

Do you mean in the voting options? Because he's already busy hoisting the Stanley

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ostapchuk all day long here at 2
K
tenor[1].gif

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Ostapchuk all day long here at 2

He gets my vote too. IMO in his prime he'll be a 3rd line C who is one of the best defensive/checking forwards in the league. He has all the tools and makeup to be that kind of player. Mike Fisher with just a little less offense.

As opposed to Kleven who I think tops out as a decent but rugged third pairing D. I think Ostapchuk ends up more valuable.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
For me it's going to be Kleven, Ostapchuk, Halliday, followed by some of the shiny new toys from this year's draft that I've never seen play (incompetent voting FTW!), and then Andonovski, Merilainen, Donovan and finally Jar-Jar and Tyler Boucher.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I would’ve voted for Nicholas Van Tassell but since he wasn’t included I settled on Kleven.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
But he’s still a prospect right? The college guys can’t play in the NHL and they are considered prospects?
Not for the Sens, he’s a Belleville piece, he’s not allowed to play for the Sens.

College guys aren’t allowed to play for the Sens because they are not allowed to play pro, but they sign NHL deals.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not for the Sens, he’s a Belleville piece, he’s not allowed to play for the Sens.

College guys aren’t allowed to play for the Sens because they are not allowed to play pro, but they sign NHL deals.
Idk if a prospect can sign an AHL deal akin to the one he signed or not, but the relevant detail is we don't hold his NHL rights the way we do with players we draft or sign to NHL deals.

To the best of my knowledge he isn't on our reserve list and therefore can still be signed to an NHL deal by any team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
For me it's going to be Kleven, Ostapchuk, Halliday, followed by some of the shiny new toys from this year's draft that I've never seen play (incompetent voting FTW!), and then Andonovski, Merilainen, Donovan and finally Jar-Jar and Tyler Boucher.
Hoyst is not getting enough love for that 2nd group of players.

Not a lot of viewings for most of us on a lot of these guys... Are they better prospects than JarJar or Guenette ... Is Eliasson better than ; I was going to say Boucher but we know the answer to that one. but you get my drift. Throwing darts for the most part... We just hope some of the new blood is better than the best players on this list now other than a handful.

Reactions: DrEasy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I went with the AHL all-star who led Belleville in goals and points per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad