Prospect Ranking Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Sens 15th best Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024

1- Carter Yakemchuk 86.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #1)
2- Tyler Kleven 71.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #2)
3- Zack Ostapchuk 64.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #3)
4- Stephen Halliday 42.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #4)
5- Mads Søgaard 46.5% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #5)
6- Leevi Merilainen 31.4% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #6)
7- Jorian Donovan 39.2% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #7)
8-
Angus Crookshank 32.6% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #8)
9- Matthew Andonovski 43.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #9)
10- Xavier Bourgault 28.9% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #10)
11- Maxence Guénette 29.3% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #11)
12- Gabriel Eliasson 41.7% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #12)
13- Hoyt Stanley 38.1% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #13)
14- Jan Jeník 31.0% (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2024 #14)
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-

As we have been doing since 2004, we simply use the old HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o).

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just if the prospect is more NHL ready than others. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, shot quality, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2023-24 (who are still in the organization) :

Ridley Greig and Jacob Bernard-Docker

To be added :

Kevin Reidler
Luke Ellinas
Filip Nordberg
Philippe Daoust
Vladimir Nikitin
Djibril Toure
Cameron O'Neill
Tyson Dyck
Jake Chiasson

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Come on, these ones pick themselves - clear as day!

I see Boucher is getting some pity votes. Oskar for me
I just switched mine from Hamara to Wallberg... see how I feel tomorrow if the poll is still open. On the fence between these two

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Come on, these ones pick themselves - clear as day!

I see Boucher is getting some pity votes. Oskar for me

I voted for him, and my record will show I'm not high at all on him. Its not so much pity rather than a reflection of our pitiful prospect pool. But in any case, of all the players left I am expecting someone will give him a cup of coffee chance due to his draft position, maybe he can make something of it.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
We've reached peak Boucher disrespect, cap'n.
Yeah, it would seem that he has basically been written off as a legit prospect.
With all of the injuries that he has had, this is completely understandable and justified.

That said, I really hope that Boucher can turn things around this season.
I am not expecting to make the team or anything. At this point, just staying healthy with the B-Sens would be a big step.
With any luck, he stays healthy, establishes himself as a good player in Belleville and maybe gets a few call-up games with the big club, based on his play.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Yeah, it would seem that he has basically been written off as a legit prospect.
With all of the injuries that he has had, this is completely understandable and justified.

That said, I really hope that Boucher can turn things around this season.
I am not expecting to make the team or anything. At this point, just staying healthy with the B-Sens would be a big step.
With any luck, he stays healthy, establishes himself as a good player in Belleville and maybe gets a few call-up games with the big club, based on his play.
Yeah, exactly. He's obviously a bad pick, but it's pretty ridiculous to have him down at 15th in our pool (in my opinion).

He's only played 118 games of hockey since fall 2019 and he's playing pro at 21. I dont think it's crazy to expect some decent progression if he stays healthy for a full season. Obviously thats a big if right there.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, exactly. He's obviously a bad pick, but it's pretty ridiculous to have him down at 15th in our pool (in my opinion).

He's only played 118 games of hockey since fall 2019 and he's playing pro at 21. I dont think it's crazy to expect some decent progression if he stays healthy for a full season. Obviously thats a big if right there.

Outside of draft position (that doesn't matter at all anymore 3 years later, like it did for Lassi Thomson at some point), what has he done over the rest of the prospects? Is he a better prospect than Tomas Hamara? Oskar Pettersson? Theo Wallberg?

Heck, why is he a better prospect than Cole Reinhardt?

I guarantee you that if Boucher was drafted in the 4th or 5th round, he wouldn't be voted 15th here, only draft position bias allows him to be selected "that high"

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Outside of draft position (that doesn't matter at all anymore 3 years later, like it did for Lassi Thomson at some point), what has he done over the rest of the prospects? Is he a better prospect than Tomas Hamara? Oskar Pettersson? Theo Wallberg?

Heck, why is he a better prospect than Cole Reinhardt?

I guarantee you that if Boucher was drafted in the 4th or 5th round, he wouldn't be voted 15th here, only draft position bias allows him to be selected "that high"

Normally I'd agree that the draft position doesn't matter anymore (he should have gone late first anyways). But with all the time missed it's harder to say with him. Pretty much every game he's played in his career has been him coming back from injury or suspension.

I'm not saying he's likely to do anything at the NHL level. But I won't be super surprised if he carves out a useful bottom-six game going forward at some point.

He hasn't looked good outside of a few games when he's played, but the raw tools are there and I still want to see a solid healthy season from him before i cut bait.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Normally I'd agree that the draft position doesn't matter anymore (he should have gone late first anyways). But with all the time missed it's harder to say with him. Pretty much every game he's played in his career has been him coming back from injury or suspension.

I'm not saying he's likely to do anything at the NHL level. But I won't be super surprised if he carves out a useful bottom-six game going forward at some point.

He hasn't looked good outside of a few games when he's played, but the raw tools are there and I still want to see a solid healthy season from him before i cut bait.

It's true but it actually HURTS his value... remember Logan Brown? The guy couldn't stay healthy so of course his development went sideways. We also currently have another guy like that : Philippe Daoust

Daoust was starting to look pretty promising in the Q after being drafted and he had some pretty interesting advanced stats, looking like he could be one of our late round draft success but the guy never could stay healthy. I can't say he has a chance at a NHL future now. Nobody is considering voting him anytime soon, even though he has been much more productive than Boucher in Junior and AHL. His problem is that he has a slight build but Boucher is as injury prone.

That'd be nice if he could stay healthy from now on and re-establish himself as a legit NHL prospect but until he does, he is a suspect. It's the same as with Josh Norris. Is he a 1B center like he has shown before injury? Not until he proves he can stay healthy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It's true but it actually HURTS his value... remember Logan Brown? The guy couldn't stay healthy so of course his development went sideways. We also currently have another guy like that : Philippe Daoust

Daoust was starting to look pretty promising in the Q after being drafted and he had some pretty interesting advanced stats, looking like he could be one of our late round draft success but the guy never could stay healthy. I can't say he has a chance at a NHL future now. Nobody is considering voting him anytime soon, even though he has been much more productive than Boucher in Junior and AHL. His problem is that he has a slight build but Boucher is as injury prone.

That'd be nice if he could stay healthy from now on and re-establish himself as a legit NHL prospect but until he does, he is a suspect. It's the same as with Josh Norris. Is he a 1B center like he has shown before injury? Not until he proves he can stay healthy

We're at #15. All these guy are suspect.

Is Boucher getting healthy and proving people wrong more or less likely than a guy like Petersson seeing a big production increase?

Their AHL numbers are basically identical. What's the difference?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We're at #15. All these guy are suspect.

Is Boucher getting healthy and proving people wrong more or less likely than a guy like Petersson seeing a big production increase?

Their AHL numbers are basically identical. What's the difference?

Pettersson has shown he can stay healthy and is already adept defensively.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

The counter argument is if he cannot stay healthy over a 5 year period, there is little hope of him ever being healthy.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

The real issue is he hasn't had a good season since well before he was even drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad