Confirmed with Link: Senators Announce Training Camp Roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yes, had to forget one. I saw a lot of people didn't like his game last night but I thought he was noticeable especially in transition. Played with a lot of speed and got after the puck, which is what his role would be if he has a chance.
Of course right. Appreciate the work put in regardless.

I am giving Jenik the leg up atm, but we'll see. Wouldn't mind both guys kept up with Mac being sent down for now.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What the hell is Kulemin still doing there?
Seems like they are just keeping the guys who are there on try out with no ties to the org anywhere.

Guys who are signed for Belleville are released and down in Belleville, both Addison and Kulemin can just be released at the end of the camp, don't need to get them acclimitized anywhere.

Couple of warm bodies who aren't in the plans, in all likihood, in the orginization. No harm in keeping them around, none of the guys who were sent back should be in camp any longer, and they can get setup in Belleville.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Perron-Norris-Batherson
Greig-Pinto-Amadio

Gregor-Jenik-Cousins
Kulemin-Gaudette-MacEwan
Ostapchuk-Highmore

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Kleven-Jensen

Yakemchuk-JBD
Roos-Addison
Sebrango

Ullmark
Forsberg

Sogaard
Tokarski
Merilainen (Inj
)

From my count that's what remains.
Two spots up for grabs up front assuming Cousins has a 4th line spot locked up. Gregor, Jenik, Ostapchuk, and MacEwen are competing for those two spots. Highmore & Gaudette will be waived and Kulemin will probably be cut, or maybe sign an AHL PTO.

D looks set. All the D on a 1-way starting on the roster, and all the D on 2-ways will be cut/sent down sooner or later. Yakemchuk might get a few games and maybe a month of NHL practice & paychecks.

Reactions: Korpse
Oct 10, 2010
Two spots up for grabs up front assuming Cousins has a 4th line spot locked up. Gregor, Jenik, Ostapchuk, and MacEwen are competing for those two spots. Highmore & Gaudette will be waived and Kulemin will probably be cut, or maybe sign an AHL PTO.

D looks set. All the D on a 1-way starting on the roster, and all the D on 2-ways will be cut/sent down sooner or later. Yakemchuk might get a few games and maybe a month of NHL practice & paychecks.
Yep Cousins and Gregor are absolute locks

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I have Highmore, Kulemin being waived next with Ostapchuk being sent down to Belleville.

I agree Cousins, Gregor are locks. So last spot belongs to Jenik or Gaudette. MacEwen is the 13th forward. IMO its Jenik's to lose.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
23 Man Roster:
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - Giroux
Cousins - Greig - Perron
Gregor - Janik - Amadio/MacEwan

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - Jensen
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD

Ullmark - Forsberg/Tokarski

- not sure what they plan to do with Tokarski, I doubt they carry 3 goalies, but I already prefer him over Sogaard until Sogaard can become much more consistent. It's likely he could end up in Belleville to give them some stability in net & be an experienced callup.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
In his article about Kulemin's comeback attempt, Chris Johnston sort of suggested that he'll be offered a role in Belleville if he wants it. That would at least give him a shot at working his way back up.

Perhaps they have something similar in mind for Addison. He hasn't been very good in camp, but at least he has 150 games of NHL experience. In past years they've had a guy or two in Belleville with substantial NHL experience to serve as a recall option [Larsson, Goloubef] but this season they don't really have that. Roos and Davies are each at about ~20 games.

Reactions: maclean

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
In his article about Kulemin's comeback attempt, Chris Johnston sort of suggested that he'll be offered a role in Belleville if he wants it. That would at least give him a shot at working his way back up.

Perhaps they have something similar in mind for Addison. He hasn't been very good in camp, but at least he has 150 games of NHL experience. In past years they've had a guy or two in Belleville with substantial NHL experience to serve as a recall option [Larsson, Goloubef] but this season they don't really have that. Roos and Davies are each at about ~20 games.
That would be a decent thing to do for Kulemin given his kid is playing hockey in Toronto just a couple of hours away.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Would be good to have a seasoned vet like Kulemin in Belleville teaching the young kids, but Staios may need to deal someone to make room, as Belleville's roster is already pretty full with bodies.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It will be interesting to see if Guenette, Matinpalo, and Reinhardt. There’s a glut of players that hit the waiver wire at this time of year, so there’s a decent chance they clear.

Kulemin was a surprise. He seems so slow like he’s stuck molasses.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Worth mentioning the amount of respect you have to give to a guy like Kulemin if he does in fact take a job in Belleville. Purely for the love of the game

Guys like Mike Keane, Chris Chelios, Rod Langway etc... Nothing to gain at this point in their careers and accepting of the fact that they're no longer NHLers but you just can't keep them away from playing competitively

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
When I played football, we didn't have cuts because there weren't enough kids.

Kulemin in Belleville would be fine.

I doubt that he will get a 2-way contract. Probably an AHL deal. We are at 47/50 contracts, and he has virtually no chance of playing for us in the NHL.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Didn't expect crookshank to be cut so early in camp. I guess that's probabpy it for him ever being a senator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad