Confirmed with Link: Senators Announce Training Camp Roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

2024-25 Senators training camp roster

Five (5) goaltenders, 2023-24 team(s): Anton Forsberg (Ottawa - NHL), Leevi Merilainen(Allen - ECHL, Belleville - AHL), Michael Simpson (London - OHL), Mads Sogaard (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Linus Ullmark (Boston - NHL).

Twenty (20) defencemen, 2023-24 team(s): Calen Addison (Minnesota – NHL, San Jose – NHL), Matthew Andonovski (Kitchener - OHL), Jacob Bernard-Docker (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Thomas Chabot (Ottawa - NHL), Jeremy Davies (Rochester - AHL), Jorian Donovan (Brantford - OHL, Saginaw - OHL), Gabriel Eliasson (HV 71 - Swe. Jr.), Maxence Guenette(Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Tomas Hamara (Kitchener - OHL, Brantford - OHL, Belleville - AHL), Travis Hamonic (Ottawa - NHL), Nick Jensen (Washington - NHL), Tyler Kleven (Belleville- AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Nikolas Matinpalo (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Filip Nordberg (Växjö J20 – Swe-Jr., Muskegon – USHL), Filip Roos (Rockford - AHL, Chicago - NHL), Jake Sanderson (Ottawa - NHL), Donovan Sebrango (Allen - ECHL, Belleville - AHL), Djibril Toure (Sudbury - OHL, Windsor - OHL), Carter Yakemchuk (Calgary - WHL), Artem Zub (Ottawa - NHL).

Thirty-one (31) forwards, 2023-24 team(s): Michael Amadio (Vegas - NHL), Drake Batherson (Ottawa - NHL), Wyatt Bongiovanni (Manitoba - AHL, Belleville - AHL), Tyler Boucher (Belleville- AHL), Xavier Bourgault (Bakersfield - AHL), Jake Chiasson (Fort Wayne - ECHL, Bakersfield - AHL), Nick Cousins (Florida – NHL), Angus Crookshank (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Philippe Daoust (Allen - ECHL, Belleville - AHL), Lucas Ellinas (Kitchener - OHL), Adam Gaudette (Springfield - AHL, St. Louis - NHL), Claude Giroux (Ottawa - NHL), Noah Gregor(Toronto - NHL), Ridly Greig (Ottawa - NHL), Stephen Halliday (Ohio State - Big-10, Belleville - AHL), Matthew Highmore (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Hayden Hodgson (Ontario - AHL), Jan Jenik (Tucson - AHL, Arizona - NHL), Nikolay Kulemin (Salavat Yulaev – KHL), Zack MacEwen (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), Josh Norris (Ottawa - NHL), Zack Ostapchuk (Belleville - AHL, Ottawa - NHL), David Perron (Detroit - NHL), Oskar Petersson (Rögle BK - Swe. Jr, Rögle BK - SHL, Belleville - AHL), Garrett Pilon (Belleville - AHL), Shane Pinto (Ottawa - NHL), Jamieson Rees (Springfield - AHL, Charlotte - AHL, Belleville - AHL), Cole Reinhardt (Belleville - AHL), Tim Stützle (Ottawa - NHL), Brady Tkachuk (Ottawa - NHL), Keean Washkurak (Springfield – AHL).

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
No surprises. I didn't know we had signed Washkurak so he was my only surprise.

I think they either sign Addison to a 2-way deal or are active on the waiver wire in search of a somewhat experienced defenseman.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
We've got a dozen D with NHL games under their belt (counting Addison) I don't find it all that surprising we didn't go after any more on PTO. If they don't feel comfortable after training camp I'm sure they'll explore the waiver wire.
I think that is it for the PTO's and I think that they want to keep a bit of cap space going into the season, so I don't think we are going to see any waiver pick-ups coming our way either.

In terms of D, I think we can expect an internal push from someone like Guenette.
I don't know much about Jeremy Davies of Filip Roos but they seem more like AHL material, like Sebrango & Matinpalo.
I think Donovan & Toure have potential but probably not until at least next season.

I think there is a spot there for Addison to take, if he has a good camp.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We've got a dozen D with NHL games under their belt (counting Addison) I don't find it all that surprising we didn't go after any more on PTO. If they don't feel comfortable after training camp I'm sure they'll explore the waiver wire.

At LD we have Sanderson, Chabot (who keeps getting injured), Kleven and then Roos/Davies as insurance, and unless the Sens think significantly more of them than I do, neither guy should see NHL ice unless we are decimated by injury.

Staios shored up the forward depth nicely, but not sure why LD was ignored. Disaster waiting to happen there if the injury bug hits.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
At LD we have Sanderson, Chabot (who keeps getting injured), Kleven and then Roos/Davies as insurance, and unless the Sens think significantly more of them than I do, neither guy should see NHL ice unless we are decimated by injury.

Staios shored up the forward depth nicely, but not sure why LD was ignored. Disaster waiting to happen there if the injury bug hits.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a trade or waiver pick-up towards the end of training camp when teams are cutting guys that could play in the NHL.

I don't think the defense is set. I would bet another guy is added at some point unless JBD/Addison and Kleven show amazing progression... and even then.

Keep in mind though for LD, Hamonic can play both sides if required. Not optimal but it's an option if we're in trouble.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

If there's an injury that is long enough term to matter, the level of LHD that we would have supplemented our depth with at this stage shouldn't be hard to acquire through trade. Guys like Reilly, Mete, J.Brown are easy enough to find if you're in a pinch

Reactions: bert

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Strange that they invited Michael Simpson and Keean Washkurak but not Wyatte Wylie. Those are the only players they have on AHL-only deals.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

JBD and Hamonic-esque LD pass through waivers several times a year every season and the highest traffic day will be in a few weeks.

Not to mention that players choose where they sign their contract but once theyre on waivers, they are fair game to all 32 (and usually glad to be claimed)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No more PTOs is surprising, particularly on D.
Not really based on listening to management. They are higher on Kleven and Addison than HF boards is.

As per other posters if they aren't comfortable there will likely be options on waivers. Colorado has a ton of D men on one ways its likely one gets sent through waivers. Ironically Branntsrom could be back. He's at best their 7th guy right now.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I was told Ryder Boulton would be there, and likely earn a contract!
I am the only person on here that alluded to such a possibility. I mentioned Boulton and Landen Ward as being possibilities for main camp invites and for consideration for ELC's prior to the rookie tournament. Part of the reasoning behind that was the uniqueness of their role as enforcer types and how Sens management may have had an interest in developing one in their system.

More importantly, I stressed the CHL-NHL agreement and the restrictions on eligibility based on age requirements for the AHL. Boulton and Ward were ineligible to play in the AHL and could not be offered such contracts.

If a team signs a player to an AHL deal they have the first right of refusal to offer them an ELC. Therefore if another teams offers said player an ELC opportunity, the team that holds there AHL rights can supersede that offer with their own ELC or relinquish those AHL rights.

This is largely about controlling the asset and rights of a player. An ELC was the only option available for the Sens with these two players to control their rights. Now that they have not received a contract, the only opportunity to gain their rights is via the draft which means there is no assurance that they will be available when they want to draft them if they indeed do. Connor Clattenburg and Tyler Thorpe are two players that attended the Sens rookie tournament last season, were sent back to juniors, and ended up getting drafted by other organizations. That is how the process works.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd be happy with any or multiple of Schultz, Gio, and Shattenkirk on our opening day roster. Schultz and Shattenkirk are vet RD that are better at hockey than Hamonic. Giordano would be the worst of them but a fine signing as a 7th guy in case Kleven struggles early.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Mark Giordano is basically if Hamonic was good. Would be great on the 3rd pair.
I don't know about that.

Giordano was better in his prime, but he's about to turn 41 in a few days, while Hamonic just turned over to 34 last month. I think expecting a ton out of either is misguided, but if I had to choose, I'd take the significantly younger one.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Guys, our left D situation is fine, we're going to claim Brannstrom from waivers.
I unironically think this is a very real possibility.

There should be at least 3-5 viable options that pass through waivers and at least one of them will come from Colorado. At least 2 of Malinski, De Haan, Kylington, MacDonald and Brannstrom will hit waivers - if not before the season then during the first month or so. And 3 will likely go on waivers unless Colorado regularly dresses 7 D and/or plays MacDonald/Brannstrom up front.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Interesting to see Zack Ostapchuk and Tyler Boucher get a look with a forward group that includes Tkachuk, Stutzle, Perron, Greig, Giroux and Cousins. I could see both of them having good chemistry with a number of those forwards. It should give them both a chance to really try and stand out in camp and preseason.

Also from that group it is interesting to see that Hayden Hodgson actually had pretty good AHL production in the 2021-22 season. I wonder what was the cause of that and whether he can replicate it here. For a big hitter and enforcer type those are some good numbers. Interesting to see how he does in camp.

For the second group it will be interesting to see if Kulemin can take on a Brassard kind of role and what kind of player Jan Jenik can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad