Prospect Info: Semyon Chistyakov, D, 117th Overall, Ufa

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Chistyakov building off on a strong tournament last weekend. Now has 3 points in 24 games. He has played every game this year in the top-6 D on a 3rd best team in the league.

Reactions: King Weber

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Looking forward to seeing him in Edmonton. Have the Predators offered a timetable as to when he arrives in North America?

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Looking forward to seeing him in Edmonton. Have the Predators offered a timetable as to when he arrives in North America?

He'll play on the top pair with Mukhamadullin, same spot he played in the Karjala Cup where he was really solid. I'm not sure about the timetable but I think he's outplaying his draft positioning so far. Excited to see him in a big role for Preds-prospects filled Team Russia.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Really like watching Chistyakov play. For a smaller guy, he hits like a truck. Did really well yesterday against the US.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I thought he had a very good game today. He always finishes his check, and for a smaller guy is surprisingly effective when he does. He will skate or move the puck pretty well. Not flashy, but very solid, good to see him recognized with the watch tonight as one of the top 3 players for the team. :handclap:

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I thought he had a very good game today. He always finishes his check, and for a smaller guy is surprisingly effective when he does. He will skate or move the puck pretty well. Not flashy, but very solid, good to see him recognized with the watch tonight as one of the top 3 players for the team. :handclap:

I watched every game for them and I'm not even saying this through Preds-colored glasses but I think he was their best defenseman and might've even been their best player. A part of that is Russia overall having a weak tournament but even still, Chistyakov was rock-solid.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I watched every game for them and I'm not even saying this through Preds-colored glasses but I think he was their best defenseman and might've even been their best player. A part of that is Russia overall having a weak tournament but even still, Chistyakov was rock-solid.
They spread the icetime a bit more evenly in the Bronze medal game, so I thought he didn't stand out quite as much in that last one. But still this was a very nice tournament for him. I guess it's not really a revelation to people who watch more international hockey than I do, since he was already seeing time as a teenager with Avangard and already noted for his role on that Karjala Cup team. But yes, he did seem to be their top defender. In a way, that's a little bit of an indictment of the lack of star power on the Russian defense, since otherwise you might like his mix of skills to ideally fill more of a steady 2nd pair role? They didn't really have flashy skills or standout talent on that blueline.

But it's nice to have a couple guys like him and Parssinen maybe elevating towards top-10 spots on our prospect list. And for our team's prospect depth to start looking like not only can we fill out a top-10 list again, but actually have a few names who don't make the top-10 who are still legit prospects too. It has been a few years where that has been lacking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad