Sellout streak coming to an end? Many unsold tickets.. Molson starting to sweat?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
At 12pm tickets went on sale.

Currently on the canadiens website, you can purchase 6 side by side tickets for many home games (mostly during the week) in the upper bowl. I don't recall in recent years there being so much supply of unsold tickets.

Mr. Molson can't be happy about this.

Maybe we're going to see Molson have a talk with Bergevin about re-signing PK Subban long term?

Is it because of the lockout? I'm not so sure...

Maybe it has to do with the on-ice product and fans expectations that we're going to suck?

Or is it the 60 inch home theater effect and fans saying they rather save there money and watch the game in crispy HD and surround sound than to sit in the nose bleeds ?

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
If I don't get Reds or better, I'd much rather just watch from home. And at their current prices I wouldn't go to more than a few games a year.

The prices for tickets has gotten way out of hand here IMO.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Exactly, teams not very good and the prices are too high. The games will probably end up selling out though but there's not as much demand as a few seasons ago when we had a team that actually had a chance.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
In the late 90's the arena was almost never full. Then hockey went on an incredible hot streak in Quebec. Almost every girls I know were watching the games!

The actual situation is more normal and the Habs are still amazingly popular; Huge crowds and ratings.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
5 years ago, I can watch games at the Bell center in the whites for 120$ a pair.

Now, I don't see why I should pay almost 200$ for a pair of whites just to see my team lose.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
I was just about to buy two tix for the "Optimum" (what a ripoff) game against Philly but as my mouse hovered over the confirm button, I asked myself if it was really worth paying 130$+ to see a game who will most probably be meaningless (and effortless) from a mile away.
I didn't click. That's what's happenning to Molson.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Individual tickets never really sold out that fast, especially in the upper deck. I know 3 years ago I bought 4 in Molson Ex for a weekday game the day after tickets went on sale. They'll all be sold out, although it would be interesting to know how Molson feels. After the year they had and the lockout, it would make sense for a bit of a sag.

I'd be really surprised if every game didn't sell out.

It's not that uncommon. I just went to the Leafs site to buy tickets and their home opener is sold out but their 2nd game of the season isn't and there's plenty of seats left in the upper deck. There's 1 whole row of nose bleeds available. I've seen people panic over the same thing every year.

Galchenioretty

Galchenyuk 1 G in last 18 playoff Gs
Oct 18, 2009
Canada
Their home opener is sold out because it's free. They're giving out the tickets for free at different places in the Toronto area.

I'm sure it would have been sold out either way and I'm sure their 2nd game will be sold out, at least listed as a sell out (wouldn't be surprised if teams like MTL and TOR even claim sell outs when there's a handful of single seats unsold) but that it's not unusual for tickets to remain, especially in the nosebleeds. It's nothing to worry about and frankly in my buying experiences it's never really been much different. Maybe some years it's a bit faster or slower but it will be all sold out this year.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
The team was so poorly runned during the Gainey/ gauthier era that many people have tuned out, plus the Cunneyworth hiring angered many people.

68*

The fans don't want to pay a high price to see a ****** team or a team that is just good enough to make the playoffs.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Interest in habs is no less than before, I just think ppl find it extremely expensive to go to bell center. I know for sure I'm not going to bell center for a long time unless my manager decides to give me an unexpected 20% raise.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Not going to pay 50$ to watch a boring game in the Bleus

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Pretty sure it's all related to the team. They had a horrible year and we have no offensive star.
If prices were cheap, it wouldn't be a problem, but it's pretty pricey.
However, if we play well, I'm sure people will pay the price. More games like yesterday and they won't sell out all year, strongly doubt it.

Keeping one of your two stars at home would be a good way to start too.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Good. I have no sympathy for Molson or his insane ticket prices.

I hope he's losing money.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
The team was so poorly runned during the Gainey/ gauthier era that many people have tuned out, plus the Cunneyworth hiring angered many people.

I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm not so sure yet that Bergevin is doing a great job either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad