Proposal: Selling High on Ennis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
It's what it would take

Absurd is what it's going to take. I don't want to make the move but I'd do it because I think Barkov will be a top 5 center in this league.

His play off the puck is great and he has a natural instinct of goal scoring. Eakins held him back, he has all the talent.

Cool.

If an over pay is "what it would take" why make the move? If you're admitting to giving up more value than you're returning because Florida would demand an overpay then that is poor asset management

ZeroPT*

If an over pay is "what it would take" why make the move? If you're admitting to giving up more value than you're returning because Florida would demand an overpay then that is poor asset management

I'm aware. The question was asked what kind of deal I'd trade Ennis for.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
His play off the puck is great and he has a natural instinct of goal scoring. Eakins held him back, he has all the talent.

Cool.

I don't think so. He looks completely clueless. Skates around like a chicken with his head cut off. I have serious doubts about his hockey sense, not his athleticism.

ZeroPT*

I don't think so. He looks completely clueless. Skates around like a chicken with his head cut off. I have serious doubts about his hockey sense, not his athleticism.

Everyone on Edmonton looks like that. He's proven he can be a goal scorer and he's turned it around this year.

He has all the talent in the world, hockey sense isn't a problem at all.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Overpaying isn't "poor asset management" if you're using your assets to acquire core and necessary components for a championship team.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Overpaying isn't "poor asset management" if you're using your assets to acquire core and necessary components for a championship team.

Then it wouldn't really be overpaying.

If Barkov were to become one of the 5 best centers in the entire league down the road, there is no way to really overpay for a player like that, IMO.

I just don't see Barkov getting there.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Then it wouldn't really be overpaying.

If Barkov were to become one of the 5 best centers in the entire league down the road, there is no way to really overpay for a player like that, IMO.

I just don't see Barkov getting there.

What I'm saying is that a team can overpay in what is seen as the value given up by both sides and still be managing its assets just fine if what you're acquiring is a necessary piece.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
What I'm saying is that a team can overpay in what is seen as the value given up by both sides and still be managing its assets just fine if what you're acquiring is a necessary piece.

And what I'm saying is that the overpay/underpay conversation at the time of the trade doesn't really matter.

What matters is what becomes of the player you acquire.

If the Sabres trade a boatload for Barkov and he does go on to become a top 5 center in the NHL, then nobody will look back on the trade 10 years from now and say that the Sabres overpaid for him.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011

Im sure the leafs see Phil Kessel as a necessary piece but would still rather have Seguin and Hamilton

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The only type of Ennis trade that would make sense for Buffalo, is to add to him and land a player that probably isn't going to be available anyway. I'd rather just keep a young player that's playing well then to gamble that his current play is just a flash in the pan. I think everyone here sees him as a good secondary scorer on a Cup worthy roster. Why not wait for that to materialize in the next few seasons?

ZeroPT*

The only type of Ennis trade that would make sense for Buffalo, is to add to him and land a player that probably isn't going to be available anyway. I'd rather just keep a young player that's playing well then to gamble that his current play is just a flash in the pan. I think everyone here sees him as a good secondary scorer on a Cup worthy roster. Why not wait for that to materialize in the next few seasons?

This.

If Edmonton wants to trade Hall for Ennis++? be my guest
Colorado with ROR? Go right ahead.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
What's the point of saying that unless you're saying you'd rather have Ennis.

ROR has a one year on his contract. And adding a ++ to a player that is being outperformed by Ennis, and is only slightly younger...maybe the differences aren't as great as some think.

ZeroPT*

Ennis is outperforming both of these players this year on a team with less possession and less offensive talent. Just sayin'.

Both have outperformed Ennis in every other year.

I'll take Hall and ROR over Ennis every day of the week and twice on sunday. Sorry I don't adore Ennis as much as you do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad