Seider vs Broberg vs Soderstrom

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which one

• Moritz Seider

Votes: 93 45.4%
  • Philip Broberg

Votes: 81 39.5%
  • Victor Soderstrom

Votes: 31 15.1%

• Total voters

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
All are very good, but in my eyes Broberg is by the best player, his skating is elite, his defensive play outstanding, his physicality great and he is very well rounded. Broberg has the largest upside too. Second would probably be Söderström, very well rounded and I feel with more offensive upside than Seider.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I feel like Broberg has the biggest upside but the biggest risk. Seider seems the safest. Haven't watched any of them that much but the teams that drafted them are clearly high on them so hopefully they see something special. Seider was the biggest jump up to the 6th spot, Broberg went 5-8 spots earlier than ranked, and Arizona traded up to get Soderstrom when I thought he would have still been available at 14.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Taking Seider, but I have come to appreciate Broberg. I have no idea how good soderstrom is.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Seider will probably win because of his handedness but the best player with the highest upside there is Broberg. I'll take him.

Highest upside and best player arent the same thing. Handedness helps but Seider was consistent all year, didnt have the ups and downs of Broberg, and doesnt have some of his defensive decision making questioned.

If Broberg ends up hitting his top potential, his ceiling may be higher but Seider also has top pairing potential with a more consistent game and better in his own end by all reports

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Broberg was an easy choice before the draft. It should be the easy choice here. Only reason Bro is losing this is because the "Oilers" drafted the guy :laugh:

these polls man ...

Reactions: helax and nturn06

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Broberg was an easy choice before the draft. It should be the easy choice here. Only reason Bro is losing this is because the "Oilers" drafted the guy :laugh:

these polls man ...
I was already very low on Broberg before the draft. And Arizona has a very bad record with developing players as well so by that logic that's why he is in last place.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Broberg, Soderstrom, Seider. Biggest upside to least upside.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Broberg, Soderstrom, Seider. Biggest upside to least upside.
I can understand why people say that Broberg has more upside than Seider, but I fail to see how Soderstrom has more upside. Seider easily has a more intriguing offensive potential than Soderstrom and is the better skater.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014

these polls man ...
You somehow say this without giving any perspective why you think that then play the victim card after that.

Reactions: LuckyBoeser

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seider. Most well rounded defender in the poll.

Yeah. I'd take Seider. He's the closest to a "total package" out of the trio. Easiest for me to see him finding a home as an all-around top-pairing defenceman. Thus, highest "upside" for me as well.

May not have the flashy dynamic skating of Broberg, but still has very good mobility that is a strength for him. May not have the raw finesse as a passer that Soderstrom boasts, but he does have a lot more size and more importantly...assertiveness overall, where i'm not as sold on Soderstrom being a high impact defender at the next level. There's just nothing really deficient in Seider's game, and he's got a whole collection of notable + traits to lean on.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
You somehow say this without giving any perspective why you think that then play the victim card after that.
perspective = professional scouts who provided Bobby Mack the intel.
also just about every other scout that was out there (not DET \ Yzerman related)

York for me is better than all 3 listed in this poll. Sieder is more comparable to Heinola\Harley but only made it here because where he was eventually drafted.

50 of the 63 people who voted Sieder would not have picked him if DET didnt reach for him.

Reactions: Seachd and Spilot23

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
perspective = professional scouts who provided Bobby Mack the intel.
also just about every other scout that was out there (not DET \ Yzerman related)

York for me is better than all 3 listed in this poll. Sieder is more comparable to Heinola\Harley but only made it here because where he was eventually drafted.

50 of the 63 people who voted Sieder would not have picked him if DET didnt reach for him.

Orrrr.....

Us casual fans didnt know much about Seider before the draft, once he went at 6 it caused people to actually review what hes done as a prospect and realise he was underrated coming into the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad