Speculation: Seidenberg/Ehrhoff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Watched near all Team Europe games. Both looked very solid against Allstar Teams.
I wonder why they shouldnt be good enough to be atleast a Nr 5/6 Dman at 1 Team.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
i was confident in ottawa getting seidenberg until the latest report said multiple teams, since its our last roster spot (3rd pairing dman) i dont think ottawa is going to get into a bidding war

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Still can't believe Ehrhoff can't get a league min job as a #6.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Still can't believe Ehrhoff can't get a league min job as a #6.

He gave an interview in Germany in the offseason where he basically said his family is tired of being uprooted all the time and he wanted to focus a little more on them.
So it's possible that he wouldn't just take any league minimum contract. Maybe he wants some kind of NMC, maybe he wants more money to make all the hassle worth his while.
My best guess is he goes to the DEL, either go home to Krefeld or make some money in Cologne or Mannheim.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He gave an interview in Germany in the offseason where he basically said his family is tired of being uprooted all the time and he wanted to focus a little more on them.
So it's possible that he wouldn't just take any league minimum contract. Maybe he wants some kind of NMC, maybe he wants more money to make all the hassle worth his while.
My best guess is he goes to the DEL, either go home to Krefeld or make some money in Cologne or Mannheim.

Good luck with getting a NMC with expansion draft looming

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Me too. Ehrhoff is 4th D in Points of the tournament, with +3.

Off topic a bit, but I see a few of these guys being late signings because of a trade.
I.E a team trades a 2nd pairing LHD, and signs Ehrhoff/Seidenberg as a bottom pairing replacement.

My suggestion was a deal around Gardiner for Trouba, and the Leafs signing Ehrhoff or Seids to play 2nd/3rd pairing LHD for a year or two until the Leafs prospects fully replace one of them.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Wish the caps could get them both to play with each other on the bottom pairing, that could probably be 2nd pairing caliber if they have chemistry.

Plus Seidenberg could possibly take Orpik's spot with Carlson... now just get rid of Orpik somehow.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Ehrhoff would be popular in Vancouver. If Canucks do not find the PMD they need in camp they may be forced into a publicity move by ticket sales.

holly01

Sep 19, 2016
g.png
I possibly could see Ehrhoff going to the Flames

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If Ehrhoff doesn't want to move around anymore he probably has to sign in the DEL . He hasn't been good this last couple of years to earn anything more than short term deals fighting for roster spots. He's been good with Germany and Europe but thats different than the grind of a regular season.

Seidenbergs gonna find a job / already from the looks of it . He's still a decent depth defenseman and better than Ehrhoff.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

If this is the case he should just retire from the NHL and sign a contract in Germany. While he can certainly still play in the league, no one's going to give him any sort of significant contract with term to keep him and his family in one place for a while. His best bet for that will be to go home and play in Germany.

The other relevant news to these two vets great play at the World Cup is the not so great 7th dman Luca Sbisa is still signed in Vancouver for two more years at $3.6 per :shakehead

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I wonder if the jets will sign Ehrhoff as Trouba insurance. Maurice is coaching him right now.

Remember2004

Oct 20, 2010
I could see Ehrhoff going to the Flames.

Thats definitely what we need... More veteran NHL dman. I feel bad for our D prospects because in the past few years they barely have gotten a shot on the team because of the older players we signed. I'm not saying all our d prospects are ready but the ones that are deserve a spot. I would much rather give 5/6 to a player thats ready than Ehrhoff not saying I wouldn't want him later on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad