Confirmed with Link: Seabrook and de Haan on season ending LTIR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Take all the time you need, it will be a while.
I would honestly put in the effort if you weren't already decided on your opinion. There's no point arguing with someone who won't be open to listening, or perhaps altering their view. I've been around long enough to know what hill to die on, and this isn't one of them.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Take all the time you need, it will be a while.
Dion Phaneuf is the likely closest thing to it. And most people thinking Seabs will be traded will have retention like I believe he did.

To those like you who think it's an odd or sketchy situation, so what? I see several people posting a lot about that but saying nothing really.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Phaneuf is probably the closest but he was last traded after player "only" 900+/- games and age 32
Seabrook will have over 1114 games and will be age 35.

I don't see a market for him and don't expect it to be in his or Hawks' plan. He will recover from the surgeries, well I hope, just not quite well enough to play NHL hockey. Then it will be over. LTIR and pride saved which is fine by me. I'd rather not watch a Hawks legend struggle.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Phaneuf is probably the closest but he was last traded after player "only" 900+/- games and age 32
Seabrook will have over 1114 games and will be age 35.

I don't see a market for him and don't expect it to be in his or Hawks' plan. He will recover from the surgeries, well I hope, just not quite well enough to play NHL hockey. Then it will be over. LTIR and pride saved which is fine by me. I'd rather not watch a Hawks legend struggle.

I don’t think Dion had any injuries, let alone surgeries, he was dealing with at the time either....?

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
More than likely they have offered him a front office job, assistant coach ot some other position with pay equal to what he is receiving now in order for him to willingly retire or the injuries are real and he does in fact need the three surgeries. We shall find out more going forward.

If the league found out that the Hawks did that oh, they'll throw the book at them.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
welllll that gives us a 6 mil 7th defenseman next year. coming off major surgeries. hmm. nice he finally was able to get fixed up.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Expansion draft is next year, I haven’t heard much about it, but are they giving out compliance buyouts like the last time? That would mean we only have to deal with Seabrook next year.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Expansion draft is next year, I haven’t heard much about it, but are they giving out compliance buyouts like the last time? That would mean we only have to deal with Seabrook next year.

They didn’t give buyouts last time. Plus why would the NHL want to take away from Seattle getting better players because some teams need to protect older players on NMC’s?

Crow

May 19, 2014
If by some small chance Seabrook finds a good part of his game again, I expect this board to be unbearable in criticizing him regardless.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Compliance buyouts were given because the cap was adjusted as part of the agreement. If the cap isn’t going to be reduced meaningfully during the negotiations I don’t expect a compliance buyout to happen.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
So there's no difference between being INJURED, and dealing with nagging injuries that cause discomfort? I have a left shoulder that likely needs surgery. I don't consider myself injured. I will get it looked at when it is convenient. Much like Seabrook did.

But, we are just splitting hairs now. I am not saying it is BS and he didn't need surgery. I am saying I think Foley was talking out of his ass and exaggerating. The crap about "not being able to play catch with his 5 year old" and "not being able to lift his arm above his shoulder" is hyperbole. Full stop. It is about perception and setting expectations for Seabrook never playing again.
Pretty sure everyone knows you don't like Seabs anymore. He's no longer useful. He should step aside. Hope that never happens to you.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I love #7 just as much as the next guy and wish him nothing but the best in his recovery, but worry about the Seabrook situation next year. Him on LTIR helps the team THIS year.

There's $13m in cap space right now. Let's hope the Hawks are in a position by the TDL to be buyers and make a run. If anything, use this opportunity to get the much needed post-season experience that guys like Cat, Dach, Boqvist and Kubalik need.

Reactions: tgh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad