PTO: [SEA] Scott Wilson signs PTO with the Kraken

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Former Pen, Wing, Sabre and technically Panther Scott Wilson getting no more love from the NHL.

Seattle is sharing an AHL affiliate with the Panthers (Charlotte Checkers AHL) so there isn’t much room for Scott Wilson to get much ice time even at the AHL level.

Maybe Francis has a soft spot for a former pens players and signed him to a PTO that will probably turn into a 2-way charity contract and AHL press-box chair.

Reactions: BHD

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Good for him. Always like him. Hopefully he gets a 2nd chance.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
If he hadn't gotten injured during the 2016 cup run, his career would have gone much, much differently.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
What kind of injury did he have?

In a game at Columbus in march of 2016 he suffered a season-ending cheap shot (don't recall the exact injury) from Dalton Prout. That was back in the day when, even in the preseason, the Jackets would be trying to cheap-shot and seriously injure as many players as possible in games vs. Pittsburgh, and they often succeeded.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
In a game at Columbus in march of 2016 he suffered a season-ending cheap shot (don't recall the exact injury) from Dalton Prout. That was back in the day when, even in the preseason, the Jackets would be trying to cheap-shot and seriously injure as many players as possible in games vs. Pittsburgh, and they often succeeded.
Prout took out both Wilson and Malkin that game. He also targetted Plotnikov earlier in the season. Same year that Dubinsky got suspended for cross-checking Crosby, which was the year before Calvert broke his stick over Kuhnhackl's neck.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I thought he was a pretty good fourth liner for Pittsburgh, Im surprised he cant seem to get a spot in the NHL.

good luck Wilson

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I thought he was a pretty good fourth liner for Pittsburgh, Im surprised he cant seem to get a spot in the NHL.

good luck Wilson
7th Round Pick who only established himself as a good bottom sixer in 2016-17 (his draft+6 year).
Was seen as expendable since Sullivan had become very comfortable with Sheary, Rust, and Kuhnhackl.
Got traded to Detroit in a hockey trade, then immediately was traded to Buffalo for pick.
His career promptly died in the mismanaged mess that is the Sabres.
Was given a two-way contract by Florida, but he was never going to jump over our glut of young forwards, even with the taxi squad.
Florida and Seattle are sharing an AHL team this year, so I'd assume that has something to do with why there was mutual interest between Wilson and the Kraken.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Prout took out both Wilson and Malkin that game. He also targetted Plotnikov earlier in the season. Same year that Dubinsky got suspended for cross-checking Crosby, which was the year before Calvert broke his stick over Kuhnhackl's neck.

Wow can someone corroborate that this happened? If so, i might lose a lot of respect for Columbus. And kinda glad that Prout got dropped from the Sharks team and from our minor league team too after a few games.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
What a load of garbage.

Prout was terrible. See my post from the Kucherov incident in 2016:

[Prout is the biggest waste of a roster spot and brings nothing to the team other than around 1-2 stupid penalties and plays per game.
However to stereotype the whole CBJ team as dirty and having no skill players is just plain wrong. We could have four 25 goal scorers.
Anyways yeah I'd love to see him get suspended forever, please prout never come back]

Last edited:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What a load of garbage.

Prout was terrible. See my post from the Kucherov incident in 2016:

[Prout is the biggest waste of a roster spot and brings nothing to the team other than around 1-2 stupid penalties and plays per game.
However to stereotype the whole CBJ team as dirty and having no skill players is just plain wrong. We could have four 25 goal scorers.
Anyways yeah I'd love to see him get suspended forever, please prout never come back]

Lol. Not really. Columbus was dirty as f*** against pit.

VIDEO: Prout unleashes series of vicious cross-checks on Plotnikov

Last edited:
Reactions: kerrabria

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
The Blue Jackets used to be little bitches against the Pens, mostly because whenever the Pens played in their barn, it felt like the game was played in Pitt. There were a shitton of loud Pens fans in there.

edit: I’m assuming a lot of those are actually Columbus residents that used to be Pens fans back in the days before the Jackets started to exist, and haven’t changed allegiance…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad