Value of: Scott Mayfield

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TrevSens

Jan 18, 2016
Quick on Islanders fans. Scott Mayfield. 30 years old. UFA after this season. Currently making $1.45M on the cap.

How expendible is he? Thought to resign him in the off season and beyond? Or do you think you'll be priced out? If available, what would NYI be looking for in exchange?

Asking from an Ottawa Pov. Though I'm sure a load of teams would be interested in a big, right shot, defensive minded dman right now!

TrevSens

Jan 18, 2016
Islanders are trying to win a cup. Why would they move him?

Probably makes at minimum the Gudbanson deal. Could easily see someone giving him 6 mil.
Sure, ok so if it's 4.5-6 to resign him past this year do NYI look to move him for assets if they don't plan to resign? Obviously too early in season to make that call, just asking the questions!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Sure, ok so if it's 4.5-6 to resign him past this year do NYI look to move him for assets if they don't plan to resign? Obviously too early in season to make that call, just asking the questions!

No. They aren't going to move him.

Contenders don't move pieces like Mayfield and that's what the Isles are trying to do.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
NYI won’t move him if they are in a playoff run and even if they aren’t, they may try and re-sign him.

Just my 2 cents but given Mayfield's previous contracts where he doesn't get paid much he probably is looking for a big payday. I am guessing he signs elsewhere for like 5 X 5M. For the Islanders My guess is they will try find cheaper options to replace him

All that being said, unless we are out of the playoff race come trade deadline, no way we trade him

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Mayfield is a gem. I hope the isles keep him for another 4/5 years.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
His contract is arguably one of the best in the league for what he brings. He's been underpaid for years and will get a massive payday next year.

Isles won't trade him though.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Islanders will not be re-signing him for around 6 million. They also won't just move him if they're competition for a top position in the metro/east. He's a player that they will lose in the off-season unless his asking price is what they can afford with term. If not, oh well, but they won't rip this season away by trading him just because they fear losing Mayfield for nothing.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Like what I stated before regarding him, the Islanders needs outweigh the cost for Mayfield. Unless it’s a substantially good top 6 winger to play with Barzal, there’s no need to move him. Ottawa isn’t giving up those pieces though.

Reactions: xECK29x and NB613

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Just my 2 cents but given Mayfield's previous contracts where he doesn't get paid much he probably is looking for a big payday. I am guessing he signs elsewhere for like 5 X 5M. For the Islanders My guess is they will try find cheaper options to replace him

All that being said, unless we are out of the playoff race come trade deadline, no way we trade him
With the cap projected to rise in the coming years, whos to say that NYI won't sign him 5 x 5 and dangle Pulock?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Cizikas Resign Special via Sweet Lou coming for Scotty May at 2.5 per for 8 years!!!!1

Can't see them trading him even if they're not "contenders", most likely lose him after the season. He's been a great guy to have on the team as an excellent 3rd pairing D. The icings though...light touch Scotty, light touch. Ick.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Islander would have to fall out of a playoff position to sell him and that’s if they don’t re-sign him. Even if they don’t why would a playoff bound club trade away D like him for rental prices. Makes no sense.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Islanders are trying to win a cup. Why would they move him?

Probably makes at minimum the Gudbanson deal. Could easily see someone giving him 6 mil.
Mayfield hasn’t made much money so far, relative to his impact on the ice. So he’s going to go and get paid versus a return to the isles on a nice deal for the team especially when Dobson and Pulloch are on the right side.

They probably treat him as their own rental.

Reactions: Ciao

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
How's a top4 RHS defensive defenseman? He's way under paid and has been for years. That comes to an end after this year. If the isles are in playoff position at the deadline they won’t trade him. If the wheels fall off and isles season ends up going bad then he will be a good asset at the deadline. Don’t really see him being available now though. Isles don’t have a replacement for him

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
How's a top4 RHS defensive defenseman? He's way under paid and has been for years. That comes to an end after this year. If the isles are in playoff position at the deadline they won’t trade him. If the wheels fall off and isles season ends up going bad then he will be a good asset at the deadline. Don’t really see him being available now though. Isles don’t have a replacement for him

What happened to the development of Bode Wilde? CapFriendly has him in the ECHL. Skating, off ice issues, no brain...I thought there was a fairly high level of excitement when he was drafted.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
as long as they stay in the mix for playoff spot I doubt he's moved but if they fall back he could fetch a 1st rounder or multiple seconds .

he deserves everything he can get in the offseason but I think 5 mil per is a bit of a stretch . Probably flirts with 4.0 x 5 years though

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
What happened to the development of Bode Wilde? CapFriendly has him in the ECHL. Skating, off ice issues, no brain...I thought there was a fairly high level of excitement when he was drafted.
he refused to get the covid vax so Lou has farmed him out to other teams

Reactions: meefer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad