Scoreboard watching - or - the pursuit of the playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
The last several years Pittsburgh has always been able to flip the switch on when it mattered, and it's getting about that time for them now. At NJ, MON and WAS in the next four nights, then a trip to Columbus next Thursday. I think they roll NJ tonight because they need to, but if the lose, it's not unreasonable see them next week sitting in a wild card spot.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
The last several years Pittsburgh has always been able to flip the switch on when it mattered, and it's getting about that time for them now. At NJ, MON and WAS in the next four nights, then a trip to Columbus next Thursday. I think they roll NJ tonight because they need to, but if the lose, it's not unreasonable see them next week sitting in a wild card spot.
I may be mistaken. I seem to remember the Pens turning it on in January- February in past years. Maybe this year’s team doesn’t have that gear.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I may be mistaken. I seem to remember the Pens turning it on in January- February in past years. Maybe this year’s team doesn’t have that gear.

I don't think they have the team. Adding Brassard and subtracting one of their few viable defensemen seems like a mistake. Also, they are relying solely on Matt Murray in goal.

We'll see, but I don't think they are as good.

KCbus

Someday, we’ll have an NHL team.
Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
This is a big night. Assuming we win — which obviously isn’t something we can do —

A Devils loss would pretty much put us in for sure. The odds of getting caught by them, the Panthers, and of losing out to the Flyers would be pretty low.

But a Penguins loss would have us in the driver’s seat for 2nd.

Buckle up.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I think 95 is going to be the magic#.

With Florida’s remaining schedule, they’d be doing extremely well to go 4-1-2. That would put them at 94.
95 if 4-1-2. And unless one of those presumed 4 wins was in a SO, FLA would prevail on ROW.

I am optimistic for CBJ, but this playoff race is far from over. CBJ needs to keep winning its games, so that other results are relatively meaningless.
Two points tonight for CBJ - PLEASE?!!!!

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Taylor Hall has really come into his own this season. He's looking like a #1OA should. I had thought that Seguin was the best pick of the 2010 draft, but now I'm not so sure.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Ekblad ties it in Ottawa off the rush. Anderson entirely screened

Edit: Panthers take the lead. 2 goals in 1:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad