Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zeroG

Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
You think it's that the team in game 4 was looking at the prize and not the game?

I was a little concerned after seeing erod's post-g3 interview. he was giddy, clearly thinking/talking about the prize and not the game in that moment at least. boony also was having trouble choking down a smile.

I think they'll be more grounded tonight but I still think it's going to be a fight.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
To me, there's no question they started looking past Edmonton and focusing on what it's going to be like to lift the cup in game 4. They played like it was a foregone conclusion they would win and it showed on the ice when they were smacked in the face and dismantled.

Need to stay grounded and need to stay humble until the final buzzer goes off and we've won. It's that simple.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Thank you to the mods who closed the game thread after @Idiot Stick repulsive post.
281485590_742654253540043_1301351114656205893_n.jpg

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Brandon Montour is a disaster right now. It's inexcusable how bad he was in games 4 and 5. He's not defending well, his decision making with the puck is terrible. We're on the powerplay and he makes the weakest point to point pass along the blueline I've ever seen that a child could have read.

I almost want him scratched completely.

Last edited:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
You can't be soft at this time of the year. You have to make a decision and go with it. Otherwise you'll be playing too slow. Edmonton is not doing that. They have a direction, and they are going towards it.
Too many of our players are a little too slow to make a decision, and move. The other team will destroy you like that.
They are going to have to do something, the wolf is at the door.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Florida should run the PP from deep below goal line. Have even two guys down there at some point. Then make plays to the posts and in front from there.

Right now they struggle to get it set up and have dangerous turnovers near the blueline which leads them to play afraid to lose it and have even more struggles setting up etc.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
What I really see the last two games is Edmonton beating us at our own game. Getting to the puck faster than us, winning more board battles, controlling the puck, successfully defending the blue line. It's got less to with Bobrovsky and more to do with the execution of the little things. Panthers need to come back around and win the game within the game in order to have a successful Game 6.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I hope their flight back to Edmonton is worth it. Their families flying back and forth to watch them play like douchebags for 5 periods when the cup is on the line….thats brutal. I can accept playing hard and losing. I can’t accept the dumbass play in Game 4 and most of game 5. WAKE UP!!!! THE CUP IS ON THE LINE!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad