GDT: SCF | V | "Big Game Hunting" | Oilers @ Panthers | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

dIGJPer.jpeg

(Oilers trail series 1-3)

Game Day: Tuesday June 18 2024
Game Time: 6:00PM
Broadcast: SN

-----

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS

GAME 1

GAME 2

GAME 3

GAME 4

------

extralarge.png

Warren Foegele- Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Leon Draisaitl - Dylan Holloway
Mattias Janmark - Adam Henrique - Connor Brown
Ryan McLeod - Derek Ryan - Corey Perry

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Philip Broberg
Brett Kulak - Cody Ceci

Stuart Skinner

-----

extralarge.png

Carter Verhaeghe - Aleksander Barkov - Sam Reinhart
Matthew Tkachuk - Sam Bennett - Evan Rodrigues
Eetu Luostarinen - Anton Lundell - Vladimir Tarasenko
Steven Lorentz - Kevin Stenlund - Kyle Okposo

Gustav Forsling - Aaron Ekblad
Niko Mikkola - Brandon Montour
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Dmitry Kulikov

Sergei Bobrovsky

-----

OhP88N1.jpeg

• Projected lineups based on last game.

• Oilers need to park Game 4 and come in with renewed determination. There is no momentum between games and the Panthers will be brining their absolute best tonight. Be prepared, and don't rest on last game's laurels.

• Just win.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
gonna see Florida's best game tonight, no doubt they DO NOT want to come back to that wild Rogers place environment for Game 6...they will be desperate obviously

Oilers need to weather the storm and get to playing their game as quickly as possible

Skinner needs to be as good as he was in Game 4 to have a chance and the good news is that they'll be confident they can get to Bob now

confidence is sky high and they've been in this situation many times before this year....go get a f***ing win!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Florida likely takes it tonight back at home, as they are gonna be pissed about last game, and don't want to come back for game 6. We get their best game of the series tonight, no doubt in my mind. That being said, hockey is a funny sport, and maybe we get bounces or calls.

If it does indeed end tonight, its been a hell of a ride and we have nothing to complain about at all. If not, then f***ing rights, and see you on Friday!

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I made the terrible financial decision to be in the building for games 3/4, and I was really apprehensive about going downtown with so many people and just not knowing how people would be, especially if we lost but my wife convinced me that we’d regret not going if we had the opportunity and of course as usual she was right.

I’ve been to a lot of live sporting events all over the world and I’ve 100% never experienced anything like that. I was concerned about how crowds would behave downtown especially if they lost, but I have to say I was completely wrong in my thinking. We spent the entire weekend downtown and it was absolutely incredible. The energy and passion, the positivity even after losing game 3 was just incredible. People were respectful of eachother, incredibly supportive of the team even when things looked grim. Inside the building it was absolutely electric, It was just a pure party and the energy just infects you, my voice is just coming back to me today, I had nothing left by Sunday.

Going to those two games in a way renewed my sense of what it is to be a fan. It seems like sometimes we analyze the game to death and we isolate these little bad moments in a sea of good ones, focus on the negatives and the what could of beens and we ruin it for ourselves, instead of enjoying the ride and the experience of getting to watch a really, really good team fight to win one of the hardest trophies in sport to win.

What an absolute ride it’s been and we’re not done, I 100% believe in this teams ability to come back and win this thing.

IMG_5312.jpeg

LETS GOOOOOOOO

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Florida likely takes it tonight back at home, as they are gonna be pissed about last game, and don't want to come back for game 6. We get their best game of the series tonight, no doubt in my mind. That being said, hockey is a funny sport, and maybe we get bounces or calls.

If it does indeed end tonight, it’s been a hell of a ride and we have nothing to complain about at all. If not, then f***ing rights, and see you on Friday!
giphy.gif

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Just find a way to get a couple in the first.

The seed is planted but it needs some time to grow, but these seeds grow quick when you feed them goals. Find anyway possible to get this back home.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Statistically this will be the hardest game for the Oilers to win. But resilience and determination have gotten them to this point and I believe they can win tonight.

Keep the season going boys! We want NHL hockey into the weekend and next week!

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I made the terrible financial decision to be in the building for games 3/4, and I was really apprehensive about going downtown with so many people and just not knowing how people would be, especially if we lost but my wife convinced me that we’d regret not going if we had the opportunity and of course as usual she was right.

I’ve been to a lot of live sporting events all over the world and I’ve 100% never experienced anything like that. I was concerned about how crowds would behave downtown especially if they lost, but I have to say I was completely wrong in my thinking. We spent the entire weekend downtown and it was absolutely incredible. The energy and passion, the positivity even after losing game 3 was just incredible. People were respectful of eachother, incredibly supportive of the team even when things looked grim. Inside the building it was absolutely electric, It was just a pure party and the energy just infects you, my voice is just coming back to me today, I had nothing left by Sunday.

Going to those two games in a way renewed my sense of what it is to be a fan. It seems like sometimes we analyze the game to death and we isolate these little bad moments in a sea of good ones, focus on the negatives and the what could of beens and we ruin it for ourselves, instead of enjoying the ride and the experience of getting to watch a really, really good team fight to win one of the hardest trophies in sport to win.

What an absolute ride it’s been and we’re not done, I 100% believe in this teams ability to come back and win this thing.

View attachment 883895

LETS GOOOOOOOO

Agreed, I also made the dubious financial decision to drive 8 hours to get to Edmonton for game 4 and be in the building with my son. But it was the best sporting experience of my life, and it really isn't close. I am 99% sure that it has become a core-memory for my 10 year old son as well, who can't stop talking about it afterwards. Sports really are great, and make lasting memories/experiences.

I'm not sure I believe in the comeback, lol, but I believe in believing in the comeback, if that makes sense.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This may have been posted somewhere else and I missed it. But if anyone knows the Whiteheads from Cold Lake, you are blessed to know some good, generous people.

I’m feeling there is positive karma in the Oiler nation…just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad