SCF: GAME 5 - YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR: TIME TO FINISH THE REDEMPTION ARC. TIME TO FINISH THE JOB, 8PM ET, ABC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Even if you lose tonight (and I think you guys come out flying), you still got 2 chances to close out the series. Odds are heavily in your favour.

Obviously hoping for an Oilers win here, but still a huge hill to climb.
Awe, I wish I had your optimism! FLA has given me little to cheer for in my life time lol. I always expect the worst.

Reactions: Satire

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
As much as I would like the panthers to win at home I am feeling another Oiler victory in a close game 5. Game 6 however will go to the Panthers as they raise Lord Stanleys Cup in Edmonton.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Your message (GDT: - SCF: Game 5 - YOU KNOW WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR: TIME TO FINISH THE REDEMPTION ARC. TIME TO FINISH THE JOB, 8pm ET, ABC) violates our rule against Insulting Rangers fans.

Please do not make posts of this nature on our site. Your account may be limited until your warning points expire.

Please follow all site rules when posting in the future.

Thank you,
HF Staff
How do you talk hockey without making fun of other teams, especially the Rangers?? From Ron Dugay to Zibanejad it has been more about the hair than the hockey.

You are making having a hockey conversation very rough...

That Tkuchuck is a great humanitarian... Bennett sure follows those rules, what a role model...

Sort of doesn't work. And is really boring.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This series does mirror the NBA finals thus far. I have a hard time seeing Edmonton dominating on the road. The series wasn't in jeopardy when they lost Saturday. It's very much I'm jeopardy if they lose tonight. Which is why I think Florida comes out with a fire under their behind.

4-1 Cats win

The one saving grace for Edmonton is not seeing another team celebrate with the cup on their ice.

Reactions: WillTheThrill

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I know a guy who was a Panthers fan growing up. His father was a Leafs fan like the rest of the people in my neighborhood. He became a Panthers fan during their run to the SCF in '96 and then continued to stick by the team through years and years of futility. I didn't really get it. The Leafs didn't win any Cups when I knew him, but they were at least one of the better regular season teams and regularly made the playoffs.

I haven't met this guy in person in years, but I'm pretty sure I've seen FB posts indicating he's still a Panthers fan. It looks like decades of perseverance will pay off for him. When/if the Panthers finish the job, I think I'll message him congratulating him. There are bandwagoners and fickle fans and then there are people like this guy. To be an Ontario kid who's a stubborn fan of an irrelevant southern market team through years and years of failure... that takes loyalty. People like this guy deserve to see their teams win.

Personally, I'd rather see a Canadian team win the Cup before FLA, but I feel FLA will wrap it up tonight (not hating on EDM; I did say I expected them to win Game Four and I think a 2-2 series score would be more indicative of how the series has been played... but what can you do?).

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
How do you talk hockey without making fun of other teams, especially the Rangers?? From Ron Dugay to Zibanejad it has been more about the hair than the hockey.

You are making having a hockey conversation very rough...

That Tkuchuck is a great humanitarian... Bennett sure follows those rules, what a role model...

Sort of doesn't work. And is really boring.

not-sure-hmm.gif

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Pretty much, at least back through 2016. Even when the Pens and Preds played, they had two off days when they traveled. There are a few years they had two off days between games one and two, but I assumed that was an arena scheduling thing.

My guess is the league is trying to minimize the impact of travel fatigue on the finals. These guys have basically been playing every-other night for six or seven weeks at this point, with the exception of any break they get by finishing a series early. Having to win four best-of-sevens is already a battle of attrition. This year happens to be extreme on travel distance, vs. something like the Pens/Pres, Black Hawks/Bruins or Flyers, Blues/Bruins.

The NBA does the same thing. In fact, for years the NBA Finals best of seven was a 2-3-2 sequence to minimize the impacts (goes back to the yearly Celtics/Lakers Finals), but they decided that change diminished the advantage that the higher seed had so they switched back.

It's tougher on us fans, but I think I see the point. The cumulative effects of travel have little to do with the condition these guys are in. Even the best conditioned athletes or people who travel almost constantly know how it effs up sleep patterns and such.

For me, the withdrawal of going from one or more playoff games every night to having nights of no games is worse than an extra one to three days to get through the finals.
I hated the 2-3-2.

Reactions: Sgt Schultz

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
June 18th will soon be known as the day the Panthers won the cup and McDavid missed his chance with the oilers. Should be a fun game !

Edit: The minute the nurse contract was signed, McDavid then missed his chance, LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Spaced Cowboy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
5-2 Oilers.

I don't want to say the Oilers have "solved" Bob because he's incredible but he's looking a whole lot more human than he did after the first couple games.

Reactions: Czechboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad