SCF Game 1: Matthew Tkachuk Friendship Tour: Coming soon to an arena near you!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
kXy2CDV.gif

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Edmonton played well, I thought, but Florida was able to weather the storm.

Oilers fans better be hoping that they take that as motivation and steal game 2, or at the very least make it close, otherwise I have a feeling it's going to get really ugly.

Ron MacLean is absolutely seething with anger

Good, f*** him.
We’re going to hear this for the next twenty years…

I'm a Canucks fan and I'm sick and tired of hearing it. Injuries happen and it's part of the playoffs. Good teams deal with them.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014

That’s the EDM defense i know.

Bennet retrieves his own shoot-in 1on3 even after getting subtly interfered with and the pass with not much on it gets through Nurse to the slot

They have been really good at preventing high danger chances these playoffs but this was bad

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Florida struggled for most of the first 2 periods once they got the lead but put on a clinic in the third.
Anyone thinking that the first game of a series is going to dictate how the rest of the series will be played hasn’t watched much playoff hockey. I expect a much better game from Florida next game.

Florida was rusty in the first half of the game, likely due to the week off. If there was one game the Oilers needed, it was this one to catch Florida off their game.

Florida will only get better from here.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
This game reminded me of Leafs/Panthers 2023 series game 1. Leafs control the play for the majority, have a few bad moments that cost them. Bob plays insane and wins and leafs can’t solve him all series and it’s short. He did the same thing the next series against the Canes.

It’s why it’s concerning for Oilers if Bob plays like this no matter what the stats say and can’t keep feeling good just cause of the stats. They are playing a goalie who’s shown he can do this for an entire series and put you in a hole quickly and make it a short series.

Oilers coaching staff needs to start running the tapes on Bob tomorrow. Solving him is their main priority now.
It was some luck tonight though. Hyman hit his mask and his knob on two looks and also missed high on an empty net on the pp. Nuge also missed on an empty net on the pp on the Bouchard rebound. Oilers hit on a couple of those and it’s a completely different game.

Two breakaways also and they went low. He seems to have the bottom of the net locked down.

• Haha
Reactions: behemolari

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
My tail of the game

Period 1: Panthers started off strong and dominated until they got their first penalty. The momentum swung to the Oilers and Florida hung on. Bob stood on his head.

Period 2: Sam Bennett and Bobrovsky.

Period 3: Oilers passing chemistry looked great, Bob was excellent, Florida played well defensively and didn't let a lot of clean shots through.

1st star; Bobrovsky

2nd star: Bennett

3rd.star: Carter V

Hons: McDavid and Barkov

IMO
Florida never dominated nor looked good in this game. 18 shots on home ice is pretty pathetic.

It’s as simple as a game won by a goalie.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
There are moments in some of these games where Edmonton is playing so well it makes you forget that Nurse sucks.

Then like 2 minutes later he’s directly responsible for a goal against.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Oilers are finally facing Elite goaltending. They got pretty lucky on the road here.
'Finally facing' suggests there's more than 3-4 elite goalies in the league. Oilers matriculated forward into playing one of the few teams with an elite goaltender.

And before you post, not interested in hearing about a Demko injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad